Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

One thing I noticed that stood out to me

csmopar

There was one thing I noticed last night that I thought warranted it’s own thread given the nature of it.

Frank Reich:

on the sidelines, he’s usually even keeled. Not a lot of emotion during the game good or bad.  There were several times that I saw him livid. For example, that poor spot where he challenged, he gave the refs what for. 

then again when Thomas and McCloud got tripped by the refs on that long throw, Reich ripped his head set off and laid into the head ref. 

the same with the PI call that wasnt PI.

and then there were a few times where he was giving the LJ what for, particularly on Burton lining up seemingly offsides on multiple occasions. 

I’ve rarely ever seen Reich that emotional and that way with the refs.  wonder if all this is the added pressure. It seems that perhaps his seat is actually hot. As it should be. 

now if only all that emotion can be harnessed and used on the field and we could start blocking, that’d be great

• Like 8

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

There was one thing I noticed last night that I thought warranted it’s own thread given the nature of it.

Frank Reich:

on the sidelines, he’s usually even keeled. Not a lot of emotion during the game good or bad.  There were several times that I saw him livid. For example, that poor spot where he challenged, he gave the refs what for. 

then again when Thomas and McCloud got tripped by the refs on that long throw, Reich ripped his head set off and laid into the head ref. 

and then there were a few times where he was giving the LJ what for, particularly on Burton lining up seemingly offsides on multiple occasions. 

I’ve rarely ever seen Reich that emotional and that way with the refs.  wonder if all this is the added pressure. It seems that perhaps his seat is actually hot. As it should be. 

now if only all that emotion can be harnessed and used on the field and we could start blocking, that’d be great

I feel similarly that his unusual emotional behavior could be because of the pressure he’s feeling. But I don’t think it’s magically going to make the OL block better. That aspect is still our Johnnys and Joes. Play calls, he should take what he calls for the second half and do it all the time. :) 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I feel similarly that his unusual emotional behavior could be because of the pressure he’s feeling. But I don’t think it’s magically going to make the OL block better. That aspect is still our Johnnys and Joes. Play calls, he should take what he calls for the second half and do it all the time. :) 

Oh I doubt it either. I’m more looking to see that fire resonate. I’m not seeing the passion from even Big Q this season. 

• Like 1

Pretty refreshing honestly. Great to see the d getting fired up after big plays, Reich being fired up on the sidelines, and Ryan showing some emotion. So contrary to what I see on here sometimes the guys do care and aren’t going through the motions. Just need to solve this o line issue. That and Ryans fumbles.

• Like 6

I think it has a bit of the prime time cameras that we got to see a little bit more of things then on a normal broadcast.  I've seen him livid sometimes but not as much as stated. 

How bad does your team have to be when u are leaving when they are winning or tied. 

I’d be frustrated too if the dudes on the field can’t perform even the most basic tasks of football, and then the refs go right ahead and screw us over and over.

Last night was a flipping crayon eating competition.

8 hours ago, csmopar said:

Frank Reich:

I think maybe he is feeling the pressure.   Not enough though since he is coming out with the same play calling strategy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, csmopar said:

Frank Reich:

When your job on the line , I would be mad to that deep ball look like it was gonna be a pick to me thomas was 3-4 yard deeper than Wr and was getting position to high point it

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, FanOutOfTown said:

Pretty refreshing honestly. Great to see the d getting fired up after big plays, Reich being fired up on the sidelines, and Ryan showing some emotion. So contrary to what I see on here sometimes the guys do care and aren’t going through the motions. Just need to solve this o line issue. That and Ryans fumbles.

Kenny was definitely jogging on a lot of plays but he did have a nice TD saving break up