Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kwity Paye Injury!

ProblChld32

Frank said it’s an ankle injury.  Best case is probably a high ankle sprain.  Worst would be fractured or dislocated ankle.  Could be wrong but by saying ankle MAYBE that rules out an Achilles as they would normally just say that if that’s what it was.  However I am not doctor and I haven’t examined Paye obviously.

4 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Was there more detail on the extent of it? I assume they gave him an X ray by now.

Teams don't give much details about injuries until game week so we probably won't heard anything til next Wednesday 

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Frank said it’s an ankle injury.  Best case is probably a high ankle sprain.  Worst would be fractured or dislocated ankle.  Could be wrong but by saying ankle MAYBE that rules out an Achilles as they would normally just say that if that’s what it was.  However I am not doctor and I haven’t examined Paye obviously.

His ankle got rolled on the opposite way it looked like a high ankle but cost be worst 

Just now, JediXMan said:

Much better than an Achilles or broken ankle. Heal up Paye.

Ha great minds think a like.  I posted the same thing you did right after you.

Much better than what I feared but he will probably miss sometime.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Definitely much better than an Achilles but a severe high ankle sprain could actually be worse than a break. 

Can a sprain be worse than a fracture? | Healthmark Foot & Ankle Associates
https://www.healthmarkfootandankle.com/faqs/can-a-sprain-be-worse-than-a-fracture.cfm

• Like 1

Oof, missing him for multiple weeks is going to hurt, the next 2 are must wins already. We cant lose really even 1 of these next 2 vs the jags and titans.... 1 - 3 - 1 in the division would be awful... We need to make it 4 - 2 - 1, purely so that our AFC South record is a more respectable 2 - 2 - 1

2 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Glad that it’s only a sprain , good news in the mean time get him healthy and let’s see more Dayo. 

3 hours ago, JediXMan said:

The high ankle sprain can and has often been a season ender for some. 6-8 weeks is the average per espn

23 minutes ago, csmopar said:

The high ankle sprain can and has often been a season ender for some. 6-8 weeks is the average per espn

Not sure how long he will miss but Chappell said he’s hearing it’s not season ending.  

• Thanks 1

If it at least a moderate high ankle sprain it's going to be 3 months until he is good.  You bring him back before that, there is a high incidence of reinjury.

One of the worst non career threatening injuries you can have in the game the ole high ankle. 

57 minutes ago, csmopar said:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nickster said:

If it at least a moderate high ankle sprain it's going to be 3 months until he is good.  You bring him back before that, there is a high incidence of reinjury.

One of the worst non career threatening injuries you can have in the game the ole high ankle. 

Still I was thinking achilles or dislocated ankle when the cart came out. Could’ve been much worse.

Kwity Paye is having an MRI on his ankle today (Friday).

Early word is that it is a high-ankle injury which would signal a return in a few weeks.

Praying for ALL of our Colts players who are dealing with injuries - especially those with concussions.

3 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

Kwity Paye is having an MRI on his ankle today (Friday).

Early word is that it is a high-ankle injury which would signal a return in a few weeks.

Praying for ALL of our Colts players who are dealing with injuries - especially those with concussions.

High ankle sprain is not a few weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Didn’t look like he contained the edge on a few plays later in the game. Denver broke a couple of longer runs. 

Yeah I think most of those stats came earlier in the game when he was part of the inside rotation in place of Lewis.  When he took over Kwitty’s spot Denver just moved him out of the way.  That may say more about just how good Kwitty has been vs Dayo too though.