Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Smith moving to guard

Orioles22

was very happy to see them at least willing to try it. lets see how it goes. biggest concern is can the rookie at LT hold up? and will people be a little more kind to ballard if he proves to have drafted a quality LT? 

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He has to go back to right tackle because wow Pryor was awful.  I’d try this line:

Raimann, Nelson, Pinter, Kelly, Smith.

Are you like the other posters....

Called Pryor trash... when Pryor had nothing to the pressure.... it was Granson missing a chip 10 feet from Pryor lol... 

Did you see Ryan Kelly get destroyed several times. And Pinter played C better.

Or the pressures from Raimann's side lol... And we were afraid running on the left side... IIRC, maybe 4ish calls over LT... and 2 were negative plays. Best run over LT was 2 yards IIRC... not sure we were positive over LT at all.  

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Are you like the other posters....

Called Pryor trash... when Pryor had nothing to the pressure.... it was Granson missing a chip 10 feet from Pryor lol... 

Did you see Ryan Kelly get destroyed several times. And Pinter played C better.

Or the pressures from Raimann's side lol... And we were afraid running on the left side... IIRC, maybe 4ish calls over LT... and 2 were negative plays. Best run over LT was 2 yards IIRC... not sure we were positive over LT at all.  

Looking forward to your PFF on this game. I think by looking Smith and Pinter had there best games of the year, Q looked like his worse of his career. I believe Moores best game this year.

Id like to see us leave Raiman at LT and give him help. Bench Kelly and start Pinter at C. Keep Braden at guard. Bring Fisher back and have him play RT instead of LT. Or you could put Fisher back at LT and put Raimann at RT.

9 hours ago, Matty Ice-Ice Baby said:

I mean Ryan got sacked a lot but he seemed like he had forever in the pocket today

I thought that he had enough time to find a receiver that got open quickly, if one did.  He seemed to be scanning the field a lot of the times.

2 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Should've put Pryor at RG and left Smith at RT. 

Plus, leaving the rookie Raimann on an island with ZERO help (not even TE chips or anything) was absolutely asinine. 

Of course our average LTs play on an Island  We've got the oline transformer playing LG and can "help out" the LT.  Don't you know that Nelson can do that, make average LTs look good?  Its why we pay him LT money.

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Should've put Pryor at RG and left Smith at RT. 

Plus, leaving the rookie Raimann on an island with ZERO help (not even TE chips or anything) was absolutely asinine. 

Smith can't block speed rushers. Never could, never will. Pryor is about the same. To me, the logic is that Smith COULD be a Dominate run blocker at G which is highly valued, and hopefully a + pass blocker rather than the problem he is at that at RT. It's such a shame Pryors idea of getting in shape to be a LT had him "get down" to 343. He should be 325 or less. He lacks quickness. He will play for less as a backup somewhere next year.

Just now, throwing BBZ said:

Smith can't block speed rushers. Never could, never will. Pryor is about the same. To me, the logic is that Smith COULD be a Dominate run blocker at G which is highly valued, and hopefully a + pass blocker rather than the problem he is at that at RT. It's such a shame Pryors idea of getting in shape to be a LT had him "get down" to 343. He should be 325 or less. He lacks quickness. He will play for less as a backup somewhere next year.

Welp, better give Smith elite RT money then and move him to RG. 

Seems like sound reasoning 

The Broncos played their 2 best rush defenders at the same time against the right side of our O-line, and it worked. They absolutely dominated our O-line and got to Matt Ryan or created an insane amount of pressure on nearly every pass play.

This will be the blueprint for defenses from here on out. Unless we figure this out, the weak part of our O-line, (the right side) will continue to be exploited.

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

Welp, better give Smith elite RT money then and move him to RG. 

Seems like sound reasoning 

Makes as much sense as your drivel. He WAS an Elite run blocker and a Very average pass blocker. He was paid market price.
 Smith didn't give up a sack all season as i recall with Rivers. 
  Now that i know more of Ryans history and see the near panic look in his eyes, i'm not sure this will look a whole lot better late in the season.

Some here are aware we need better guard play to be successful.

And some here understand team building includes getting your 5 best lineman on the field at what positions is believed will work best.

You would base their playing position by salary no matter. Yeah, there is some sound reasoning for ya! 

We have a weaker schedule just ahead, let's hope Raimann improves fast.

2 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

We can't afford to pay G this much

Budget is set for the year. We can afford to pay him wherever he is needed, and it seems pretty clear he can't handle tackle anymore. They may decided to move him or cut him after the year, depending on how much money is guaranteed, but it doesn't matter at this point as far as money.

28 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Makes as much sense as your drivel. He WAS an Elite run blocker and a Very average pass blocker. He was paid market price.
  Now that i know more of Ryans history and see the near panic look in his eyes, i'm not sure this will look a whole lot better late in the season.

And some here understand team building includes getting your 5 best lineman on the field at what positions is believed will work best.

You would base their playing position by salary no matter. Yeah, there is some sound reasoning for ya! 

The King of Drivel has spoken everyone! 

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bah1ciwphj9ia9u2okeo

bow-down-worthy.gif

Sorry your majesty LMAO 

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Pryor lost weight to play tackle.  He is actually listed at 332 and I thought I read where he was less than that.  Definitely not 343.  They made a multiple line switch on a short week.  Some fans seem to think it should be so easy to pull off.  It’s not. Chemistry takes time.  Oh and Pinter takes over for an injured Kelly.  A lot happened last night.  I’m not going to overreact.  At least they made some changes.

20 hours ago, open window said:

I think it’s time for Nelson to go to left tackle for this season, plug the rest wherever, I don’t care. Drastic measures are in order.

So be had regressed as a guard and now u want to move him to LT? Nelson cannot and never could play LT. He is not good enough and if he could, they would have moved him there..

10 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

I’ll wager in a couple years we’ll be discussing how to pay Raimannn’s LT contract in future.

18 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Pryor lost weight to play tackle.  He is actually listed at 332 and I thought I read where he was less than that.  Definitely not 343.  They made a multiple line switch on a short week.  Some fans seem to think it should be so easy to pull off.  It’s not. Chemistry takes time.  Oh and Pinter takes over for an injured Kelly.  A lot happened last night.  I’m not going to overreact.  At least they made some changes.

LT Raimann 

LG nelson

C Pinter 

RG Braden 

RT D.Kelly ( when healthy )

this is what I want to see , short week a lot of changes, people have to realize it’s not madden where you just plug people anywhere . Not making excuses for what we all had to suffer threw to watch 

Raw Rookie LT who is nursing an ankle injury making his first start at one of the top 5( So the media say since I can’t confirm) loudest stadiums on the road on a short week. We was ready to run Alec out the building after week 1 and 2 now week 5 he looking legit. Kelly is the center and the oline calls fall on him to a degree, Pinter is a horrible G but since last year I thought the oline looked better with Pinter at C then kelly, C vs G different skills sets imo. Nelson has to play better wondering if the back injuries have taken a toll on him, Braden has had a proven track record and I’m hoping that last year and this start is just outliners from the leg/foot/hand injuries he was dealing with, D.kelly is a proven vet with actual start at RT and played winning football before so I’m doing it again same thing that Ballard/frank did to get us in this mess “hoping” he can’t be worst than Pryor 

On 10/6/2022 at 8:11 PM, AustinnKaine said:

was very happy to see them at least willing to try it. lets see how it goes. biggest concern is can the rookie at LT hold up? and will people be a little more kind to ballard if he proves to have drafted a quality LT? 

No, because he will have now paid TWO guards tier one OT money....

Archived