Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Phillip Lindsay Elevated

ProblChld32

2 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

We bout to find out why Hines gets 6 million baby. Let’s go

Lol , 12th highest paid running back in the league and we can’t even use him to run lol. He makes more than Ekler, hunt , Patterson just to name a few just to run up the middle for 1 yard gain if we lucky or catch a slant pass for 7 yards

17 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Need to do something to be s bit respectable in the league. Sports Media has labeled us as one of the worst team in the NFL. Sad but true.

TBH we are , like we haven’t won the south since 2014 every other team has division crown in that time frame 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, FanOutOfTown said:

Glad we were able to stash him on the practice roster. Just worried that tonight the Broncos won’t have to respect the run and tee off on Ryan. Hopefully him or Hines can break a few long ones and keep them honest.

Lol , the chances of Hines doing that is like hitting a 16 game parlay. On a serious note this might actually allow frank to throw the ball early since he doesn’t have to force it to JT. Frank need to watch manning tape when we didn’t have a run game all them years where he used a lot of quick passes which was and extension of the run game and still got the 3-4 yards he’s looking for in the run game. I can count on one hand how many times colts have ran outside the tackles or used a toss play etc… to get JT out in space 

2 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

This was predictable...they choose the safest pick, even tho he is not the most talented.

(not a big fan of Lindsay...and neither are a bunch of other teams)

Lindsey is more of a RB1 type than Hines. Hines is 100% is APB. 

The whole "interchangeable" narrative from Frank is lol. 

Not saying Lindsey is great, but he's more RB1 than Hines. 

42 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Lindsey is more of a RB1 type than Hines. Hines is 100% is APB. 

The whole "interchangeable" narrative from Frank is lol. 

Not saying Lindsey is great, but he's more RB1 than Hines. 

right but if you look at their salaries, hines should win the snap count tonight.. i do agree with you on the RB build/playstyle.

how big of a joke will it look if hines has minimal production tonight.

that will be on both ballard and reich

20 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

right but if you look at their salaries, hines should win the snap count tonight.. i do agree with you on the RB build/playstyle.

how big of a joke will it look if hines has minimal production tonight.

that will be on both ballard and reich

Salary should never equate snaps. 

Performance/talent should equate to snaps. And situation... 

Hines is a great APB/weapon (if used correctly). He is not a great RB1. 

This has zero to due with Ballard. Reich wants catching RBs. And he has said RBs are interchangeable (I disagree). 

If you want blame Ballard for Hines's high contract price, fine. I thought it was way too high too. But Hines has been misused by Reich, for a while now. 

34 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Salary should never equate snaps. 

Performance/talent should equate to snaps. And situation... 

Hines is a great APB/weapon (if used correctly). He is not a great RB1. 

This has zero to due with Ballard. Reich wants catching RBs. And he has said RBs are interchangeable (I disagree). 

If you want blame Ballard for Hines's high contract price, fine. I thought it was way too high too. But Hines has been misused by Reich, for a while now. 

edit: sad to see him go out like that this game

20 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

it does have to do with ballard. we may see it differently, but your highest paid guys should be playing the most. that's just how it is when this league comes down to numbers. if a practice squad RB has more talent, regardless of natural position, if he outsnaps hines tonight, that is a bad indication on both reich and ballard.

on reich for not scheming him in the game, and on ballard for over paying. 

look at whats happening with kenny golloday. similar situation, overpaid and not producing. either the coach has to sit him, or keep riding with the overpaid player. he obviously wont be benched. so if he doesnt produce then that is bad on the entire front office including ballard. 

I personally would have left for that $. 

But I guarantee Irsay signed off. 

And I guaranteed Reich wants him (loves catching RBs).

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I personally would have left for that $. 

But I guarantee Irsay signed off. 

And I guaranteed Reich wants him (loves catching RBs).

i was mainly talking total snaps, not just RB1 snaps. he went out of this game early. kinda weird seeing them force Jackson over Lindsay. I see jackson trying to hide a limp. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

i was mainly talking total snaps, not just RB1 snaps. he went out of this game early. kinda weird seeing them force Jackson over Lindsay. I see jackson trying to hide a limp. 

Surprised forcing so much RB plays, with either Jackson or Lindsey (either). 

Watching Chubb sacking Matt Ryan brings back memories of the Colts scouts saying Kemoko Turay, who wasn't even honorable mention all conference at Rutgers, was a more efficient rusher in college than Chubb or Harold Landry who were far more productive. Good times. https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/30/indianapolis-colts-kemoko-turay-most-efficient-pass-rusher-2018-draft-class/