Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alec Pierce is Legit.

Stephen

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Indy87 said:

reed was better than what we have and we let both walk. Glow wanted to be in his home state of Minnesota I believe so it wasn’t about money. 

but we could have had reed. I’ll never be on board with the MOC signing at TE. He’s an ok blocker but he’s too slow for the swing block that JT loves so much. 

Reed is the player who wanted to go home to Minnesota.  Glow signed with the Giants.  He is the one we had the better chance of signing.  Right now choosing Pinter over Glow looks like a miscalculation.

3 hours ago, Indy87 said:

reed was better than what we have and we let both walk. Glow wanted to be in his home state of Minnesota I believe so it wasn’t about money. 

but we could have had reed. I’ll never be on board with the MOC signing at TE. He’s an ok blocker but he’s too slow for the swing block that JT loves so much. 

Glow is a Giant now. Reed was the one that went home to Minnesota 

14 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Then use him for what he does well! Let him get better on the field. I don’t get Reich’s philosophy of not using good players until they know they system through and through. So much wasted talent. 

Agreed. 

Use talent... even only situational.

Tired of the "multiples" and "interchangeable" concepts. 

6 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Yep. Same stuff as college. Jump balls and 50/50 balls. 

1/3 of his yards came on a deep underthrow where the CB slipped. That's prob a true 50/50 ball without the slip.

I think he can be a good deep threat in the NFL with his measureables, like an MVS type player, but he's still very raw as an all-around WR. Where is Denzel Mims these days?

But no reason to judge him after 3 games haha. This fanbase loves to anoint rookies as legit if they make a play or two. I mean... people still think Julian Blackmon is a dynamic player.

Let's see what happens when he's not lining up against Caleb Farley.

Blackmon is great going forward. Just wrong position.....

Agree on Pierce.

To be honest, he's similar to Pitt. Both great at contested catches (deeper).

Pitt is way better on routes (way smoother at this point). Pierce is a tad faster. 

3 minutes ago, groundnpound said:

Everytime he pulled the ball down from his first look I expected him to get smoked. His patience is commendable, but he's slower than erosion and still turns it over.

This team is hard to watch. Hopefully the line gels

1 hour ago, bestQBever said:

Alec Pierce, Chase McLaughlin, Gilmore, Buckner and Rod Thomas are the only Colts who should be allowed to fly home. Everyone else should walk.

And it’s posts like this that have had me complaining about this fan base for more than 10 years now.  

And after a WIN?!?!?     :facepalm:

22 hours ago, chad72 said:

He’s a little more possession type WR like Donovan Peoples Jones with a limited route tree. He could evolve to an Alshon Jeffrey type but his best fit is outside as he doesn’t have the 3 cone numbers or jukes to beat guys inside at the NFL level consistently like Kupp or Edelman.

Alshon Jeffrey type high pointing and catches is what I’m seeing. Good for Pierce.

24 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

I love his competitiveness. Came up clutch for us at key moments with catches sometimes he had no right to make. And already doing this 5 games in to his career. He is going to be very good WR for us in the years to come.

Unlike other rookies, he’s not a body catcher (doesn’t wait for the ball to get to his body), he’s definitely a hands catcher, clearly an influence of Reggie, IMO.

24 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Agreed. That and ball security for Ryan.

I think he did better than games before with taking sacks over fumbles.

His throws down the seams are not good, which also explains the better success throwing to the outside third of the field either way.

All that points to him not being able to step up because of pressure down the middle more. We HAVE TO run the ball better to get in better downs and distance for him. Most importantly, this team can’t go down by double digits and that kind of game is harder for us to win. So our D, when it keeps it within a TD, we consistently have a chance.

Well, he was practically the only guy catching passes last night. I think he'll pretty much catch just about anything, so long as it's in his vicinity. In theory, he'll draw coverage away from Pittman. But that assumes the line can protect the quarterback long enough for it to even matter.

1 minute ago, masterlock said:

Well, he was practically the only guy catching passes last night. I think he'll pretty much catch just about anything, so long as it's in his vicinity. In theory, he'll draw coverage away from Pittman. But that assumes the line can protect the quarterback long enough for it to even matter.

No one on our O is going to run away from speedy CBs that most teams have, so until we burn folks deep with the OL giving Ryan time, their safeties will be dedicated to short crossers and the run game. In other words, expect single coverage on all our WRs with the safety help on short crossers on passing downs and close to LOS on run downs.

2 hours ago, NorthernColt said:

If people want the white guy comparison, its not Kupp. Its Thielen. Very similar.

CMC dad Ed or jordy Nelson would both work for me too. Tall strong receivers who could all get over the top as well work underneath. All have or had above average hands too. 

7 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

I know sometimes it just happens. Hit from behind, etc. But, yeah. Ryan has GOT to work on keeping the ball secure. Maybe he should practice with Leonard punching at the ball?

This ^^^^^ isn't a bad idea. Anything that might help.

Archived