Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question about 4 week in-season DL

NewColtsFan

Saw a story where a Colts writer wondered if the team might exercise that move with Leonard. 

My question is this….   Is that transaction a one time per team, per season type of move?   Could we also do the same with Taylor?   He likely needs it too. 

Hoping we can do it multiple times, but suspect we can only do it once.   

Thnx.

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Saw a story where a Colts writer wondered if the team might exercise that move with Leonard. 

My question is this….   Is that transaction a one time per team, per season type of move?   Could we also do the same with Taylor?   He likely needs it too. 

Hoping we can do it multiple times, but suspect we can only do it once.   

Thnx.

Can be done with 8 players oer year.

Players individually can do it twice

https://www.nfl.com/news/players-now-eligible-to-return-from-injured-reserve-after-four-games

In another alteration to injured reserve protocol, teams will now have eight players permitted to return from IR and/or the reserve/non-football injury/illness list to the 53-man active roster or the practice squad, per season. An individual player can return from IR a maximum of twice per season, but each time counts against the team's allotted eight designations.

19 minutes ago, w87r said:

Can be done with 8 players oer year.

Players individually can do it twice

https://www.nfl.com/news/players-now-eligible-to-return-from-injured-reserve-after-four-games

Wow!    Great!     Thanks!   

I’d love to see the Colts do that with Shaq and JT.   Certainly feels like both could use 4 weeks of treatment and healing. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wow!    Great!

I’d love to see the Colts do that with Shaq and JT.   Certainly feels like both could use 4 weeks of treatment and healing. 

Idk?

I don't think either need 4 weeks off. 

Taylor doesn't seem to be serious, not playing the short week, but will have 10 days before next game.

Imagine Leonard should be good as well, I think? Broken nose and concussion? Unless there is something else I missed? I know still working way back from back surgery.

Options are there though if needed.

I think both will be back, come next game. Hopefully, at least.

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

Idk?

I don't think either need 4 weeks off. 

Taylor doesn't seem to be serious, not playing the short week, but will have 10 days before next game.

Imagine Leonard should be good as well, I think? Broken nose and concussion? Unless there is something else I missed? I know still working way back from back surgery.

Options are there though if needed.

I think both will be back, come next game. Hopefully, at least.

Perhaps….  I could be over-reacting.   

But I think the Colts have been down playing two injuries that I think are both typically very serious.   Turf toe and now a high ankle sprain.  Both are poison for a running back.

I confess when I heard Frank say on Monday that doctors told him if JT played this week he couldn’t make his injuries any worse I badly winced.   The comment struck me as completely counter-intuitive and I’m being polite.   I chalked it up to a part of the NFL business that I don’t like, especially with jobs on the line. 

The observation about Leonard came from a reporter who covers the Colts, so I don’t dismiss it as I might if it were a fans comment. 

I don’t know what will happen?   And I don’t know if a win or a loss will have an impact one way or the other?   No idea. 

But it’s certainly on my radar….  I’m sure yours too….

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Perhaps….  I could be over-reacting.   

But I think the Colts have been down playing two injuries that I think are both typically very serious.   Turf toe and now a high ankle sprain.  Both are poison for a running back.

I confess when I heard Frank say on Monday that doctors told him if JT played this week he couldn’t make his injuries any worse I badly winced.   The comment struck me as completely counter-intuitive and I’m being polite.   I chalked it up to a part of the NFL business that I don’t like, especially with jobs on the line. 

The observation about Leonard came from a reporter who covers the Colts, so I don’t dismiss it as I might if it were a fans comment. 

I don’t know what will happen?   And I don’t know if a win or a loss will have an impact one way or the other?   No idea. 

But it’s certainly on my radar….  I’m sure yours too….

Those are 2 injuries that can linger for sure.

Yeah, I hate when people say you cant hurt it more.....

Yeah, ok, well even if true, how about hurting something else while trying to over compensate for it.

Archived