Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ok going to be positive here Fumbles can be fixed

Restinpeacesweetchloe

As bad as the season has started there is some light at the end. Fumbles can be fixed. Would you rather have a lack of talent that can’t be fixed or something like fumbles that can be fixed. Without those fumbles we probably have 2 more wins. I know it doesn’t excuse them looking like they aren’t ready to play but at least this is a issue that is fixable.

Reich talked a lot about Matt’s tumbling issue today. Thought he had done good insights. 

I wish someone would ask about if there were plans to go silent count in Denver, which is a difficult place to play on the road. Also, wanted to know if this offense that is still getting to know each other is capable of running no huddle more often? 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I wish someone would ask about if there were plans to go silent count in Denver, which is a difficult place to play on the road. Also, wanted to know if this offense that is still getting to know each other is capable of running no huddle more often? 

Apparently Ryan excels at no huddle and wants to do it more.

33 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

As bad as the season has started there is some light at the end. Fumbles can be fixed. Would you rather have a lack of talent that can’t be fixed or something like fumbles that can be fixed. Without those fumbles we probably have 2 more wins. I know it doesn’t excuse them looking like they aren’t ready to play but at least this is a issue that is fixable.

Reich talked a lot about Matt’s tumbling issue today. Thought he had done good insights. 

Arguably, Ryan's fumbles cost us wins vs HOU and TEN. 

Its always tough to judge an outcome of a game by assuming something didn't happen that did, but turnovers tend to be a better indicator of what could have happened than some other things...like assuming the outcomes of different play calls, for example.

The offense was moving the ball each time Ryan fumbled....or he set up the opponent with very good field position.

18 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Arguably, Ryan's fumbles cost us wins vs HOU and TEN. 

Its always tough to judge an outcome of a game by assuming something didn't happen that did, but turnovers tend to be a better indicator of what could have happened than some other things...like assuming the outcomes of different play calls, for example.

The offense was moving the ball each time Ryan fumbled....or he set up the opponent with very good field position.

I think the defense has shown that they can hold things down. I mean something like 28 pts has been given up on fumbles.   Let’s hope Matt can get that fixed. He needs to just go down and take the sack or throw the ball away instead of trying to extend the play. Ryan also talked about his pocket awareness needing to be better in his presser today.

Wr may have screwed up winning  division and making playoffs with this rough start. But maybe this issue gets fixed and we go on a hot streak and it buys everyone another year.

15 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Wr may have screwed up winning  division and making playoffs with this rough start. But maybe this issue gets fixed and we go on a hot streak and it buys everyone another year.

If we win the last 6 games and look great doing it...meaning...the oline and receiver play becomes solid and then the play calling becomes a function of those, I can't see Irsay not rolling with the momentum into next season.  Whatever our final record is doesn't matter much in that case, IMO.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

If we win the last 6 games and look great doing it...meaning...the oline and receiver play becomes solid and then the play calling becomes a function of those, I can't see Irsay not rolling with the momentum into next season.  Whatever our final record is doesn't matter much in that case, IMO.

Yeah it would do a world of good to have the same group going into a second year. I think it has to change soon though. Not last six games.

I hope we have found something with our TE. Hopefully the same thing don’t happen where Reich discovers something then goes away from it. 

Was going to post something similar. As many problems as this team has had (and they have been hashed out ad nauseum on this forum), if they simply take care of the ball security issues this is at least a 2-2 football if team if not 3-1. While they can and should try to clean up the other issues, fixing this one thing will put this team in a very different light. Hopefully they can get it turned around.

6 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Yea frank need to go more no huddle up tempo, 

His career high is 12. He has 9 in 4 games. I dont expect this to continue.

I have been very encouraged by the passing game, aside from the turnovers obviously. He is completing 66% and sitting at 4th in passing yards with the lack of running game and all the issues with protection. 

I still have to think if we can protect him better and get JT going, we are gonna be very tough to beat down the stretch. Hopefully its just growing pains placing a new QB into the system again and they will get it figured out

We will see. 

9 hours ago, DougDew said:

And, next year we'd see that Momentum isn't a thing in Reich's system when the team starts slowly and badly. 

Not trying to be negative, but it has happened so consistently that it is one thing that's guaranteed every year. 

Having said cynical like that, I do think having the same QB and more weapons and better pass protection in the same offense another year might help avoid those slow starts, who knows! 

3 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

And, next year we'd see that Momentum isn't a thing in Reich's system when the team starts slowly and badly. 

Not trying to be negative, but it has happened so consistently that it is one thing that's guaranteed every year. 

It is one of the only consistencies the team has.   Slow starts.  Both to start the season and in most games.   Reich is lacking what is needed for a team to succeed.  

A win on Thursday could turn this season around.  Please, please come out fired up.  

I think Reich is a dead man walking this season.

9 hours ago, Goatface Killah said:

His career high is 12. He has 9 in 4 games. I dont expect this to continue.

I have been very encouraged by the passing game, aside from the turnovers obviously. He is completing 66% and sitting at 4th in passing yards with the lack of running game and all the issues with protection. 

I still have to think if we can protect him better and get JT going, we are gonna be very tough to beat down the stretch. Hopefully its just growing pains placing a new QB into the system again and they will get it figured out

We will see. 

This is the bigger point people need to understand. How does the great Russel Wilson look in Denver? How did Stafford look to start the year last season in LA? What about Brady in Tampa? It takes time for guys to learn a new system. No matter how great they may be. On the flip side our troubles have been mostly self inflicted so if we clean that up and can protect Ryan then we may be a force.

Archived