Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

57 Points through 4 games


indyagent17
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is the lowest in the league. It’s just amazing how all of the positivity was in the off-season by adding several new high quality players and a veteran like Matt Ryan looked on paper as a contender. Well as we all have throughly discussed not only are we not a contender but the laughing stock of the league. When you see this in contrast with the other 31 teams it makes you realize our house is not in order and I keep waiting for Irsay to shake this up 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of us didn't buy into the "hype".  We are disappointed, but we are not surprised or disillusioned.

 

Those of us that spoke realistically about this team were castigated and are awaiting our apologies lol. 

 

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

Some of us didn't buy into the "hype".  We are disappointed, but we are not surprised or disillusioned.

 

Those of us that spoke realistically about this team were castigated and are awaiting our apologies lol. 

 

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

We are last in points scored. Suck city, can't debate that.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Some of us didn't buy into the "hype".  We are disappointed, but we are not surprised or disillusioned.

 

Those of us that spoke realistically about this team were castigated and are awaiting our apologies lol. 

 

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

Sorry Not Sorry Dancing GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

Some of us didn't buy into the "hype".  We are disappointed, but we are not surprised or disillusioned.

 

Those of us that spoke realistically about this team were castigated and are awaiting our apologies lol. 

 

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

I second this!! Actually, I want an apology from @Goatface Killah who berated me after the chiefs' game when I brought up the fact our offense was dead last and called out for using hyperbole... :sip:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I was told we had a great roster and one of if not the best gms in the game.


I still like our roster. I think the coaching has been the drizzling %s and I have for a while. Ballard is one I’m real torn on. I get the case for moving on. 
 

For me, if Ballard says he needs to hire his own coach and he will trade up to draft the best QB they can then I’m willing to try. We’ve seen a lot of talent on the field from this group. But the coaching isn’t doing them any favors. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

It’s just amazing how all of the positivity was in the off-season by adding several new high quality players and a veteran like Matt Ryan looked on paper as a contender.

No.  It never looked like a contender.  If this is what most thought, I blame the forum for the misinterpretation of our offseason.

 

We did not add any high quality players. 

  • We added  pick 53 and pick 77 rookies. 
  • We lost Doyle and elevated his backup to starter. 
  • We replaced Fisher with a journeyman. 
  • We replaced Glow with Pinter.   

Nothing about this suggested that we added anybody that would make us better than last year.   This was known after the FA period, because we know that 2nd and 3rd round rookies are not going to make an impact by game 4.

 

Sorry, I don't know what y'all were seeing.

 

Ryan, is that the reason?    Okay, many thought he would be better than Wentz...and so did I...but not THAT much better.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nickster said:

Some of us didn't buy into the "hype".  We are disappointed, but we are not surprised or disillusioned.

 

Those of us that spoke realistically about this team were castigated and are awaiting our apologies lol. 

 

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

 

Actually, they probably waiting for colts to.beat the Texans in the rematch and wanting the realist crowd to apologize to them. haha

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

Actually, they probably waiting for colts to beat the Texans in the rematch and wanting the realist crowd to apologize to them. haha

 

No one needs to apologize to anyone. We speak in frustration, we speak out of impulse at times, and not all arguments are well constructed and elucidated. We wax and wane with our emotions with our team's performance. It is just who we are as Colts fans.

 

Ws are all that matter in the end when it is all said and done. Our D seems to have a good floor, let us see how it does on the road. Our offense, it is easy for Matt Ryan when you are wearing the red jersey in practice and no one is hitting you because it is hard to gauge when the hits come how he will do. Now that he has been welcomed to the state of the Colts roster and OL in game time, we will see where we go from here. 

 

When I see a blitz from his right side, I will have my fingers crossed. :goodluck:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

This is the lowest in the league. It’s just amazing how all of the positivity was in the off-season by adding several new high quality players and a veteran like Matt Ryan looked on paper as a contender. Well as we all have throughly discussed not only are we not a contender but the laughing stock of the league. When you see this in contrast with the other 31 teams it makes you realize our house is not in order and I keep waiting for Irsay to shake this up 

We have give up around 42 off turnovers to & 85 total , offense is in a horrible rut. Frank is gonna get fired if he don’t shake sum stuff up , if he keep doing business as normal 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Im sorry you think I "berated" you. But I think you should toughen up a bit.

That's not an apology, that's a backhanded slap at my skin thickness or lack thereof...:funny:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont expect apologies or admissions of guilt from anyone. What does bother me a little bit is when in the offseason a handful of us called the team average, degressing, not constructed correctly. We were critisized and argued against quite heavily. Then when the team shows its colors as exactly that and some return shots are fired back at the same people that did the critisizing. It cant be handled, insults become personal, people start handing out labels etc. I say if you cant take it dont dish it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I dont expect apologies or admissions of guilt from anyone. What does bother me a little bit is when in the offseason a handful of us called the team average, degressing, not constructed correctly. We were criticsed and argued against quite heavily. Then when the team shows its colors as exactly that and some return shots are fired back at the same people that did the critisizing. It cant be handled, insults become personal, people start handing out labels etc. I say if you cant take it dont dish it.

 

To be honest, the best thing is to not keep score, then it never gets personal, IMO. 

 

How many countless threads have we seen someone rubbing it in your face after a win or a loss (because that someone couldn't get the audience or validation they wanted earlier) or a draft pick (based on a mock someone criticized or disagreed with) or a QB seen failing/succeeding (someone jumps on it, see I said so years ago about Jordan Love, Josh Allen etc. etc.) years later? This is not the place you seek validation of your stance or affirmation of your knowledge from other posters who are just passing clouds in your life, to be honest. Disagree but when the disagreement goes on beyond a few posts, it seems to gets personal. 

 

Life is better if you don't keep score, otherwise you will have a pile of stress up to your chin in life, at least that is what I have learnt in my life.

 

My two cents. :) :2c:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Indeee said:

That's not an apology, that's a backhanded slap at my skin thickness or lack thereof...:funny:

No no I apologized. 

 

50 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I dont expect apologies or admissions of guilt from anyone. What does bother me a little bit is when in the offseason a handful of us called the team average, degressing, not constructed correctly. We were critisized and argued against quite heavily. Then when the team shows its colors as exactly that and some return shots are fired back at the same people that did the critisizing. It cant be handled, insults become personal, people start handing out labels etc. I say if you cant take it dont dish it.

Ok well I think its pretty lame to declare you were right about the team 4 GAMES INTO THE SEASON.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

No no I apologized. 

 

Ok well I think its pretty lame to declare you were right about the team 4 GAMES INTO THE SEASON.

I think it's lame not to be able to discern that this is a bad to mediocre Colts team, not a good team that's playing badly. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

I think it's lame not to be able to discern that this is a bad to mediocre Colts team, not a good team that's playing badly. 

Right. How lame to want to see how things play out before you make a judgement.

 

You couldnt be a better example of whats wrong with the world today. So desperate to be right you declare victory at the first sign of affirmation. 

 

Its like youve never actually watched the NFL before in your life. You think the first 4 games tells you the entire story. Well it never tells you the entire story, the last 5 years watching just the Colts should make that abundantly clear. But only if you actually pay attention and arent desperate to look like you know what youre talking about.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

To be honest, the best thing is to not keep score, then it never gets personal, IMO. 

 

How many countless threads have we seen someone rubbing it in your face after a win or a loss (because that someone couldn't get the audience or validation they wanted earlier) or a draft pick (based on a mock someone criticized or disagreed with) or a QB seen failing/succeeding (someone jumps on it, see I said so years ago about Jordan Love, Josh Allen etc. etc.) years later? This is not the place you seek validation of your stance or affirmation of your knowledge from other posters who are just passing clouds in your life, to be honest. Disagree but when the disagreement goes on beyond a few posts, it seems to gets personal. 

 

Life is better if you don't keep score, otherwise you will have a pile of stress up to your chin in life, at least that is what I have learnt in my life.

 

My two cents. :) :2c:

Yep yep, hear hear!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

No no I apologized. 

 

Ok well I think its pretty lame to declare you were right about the team 4 GAMES INTO THE SEASON.

It’s not about being right or wrong Goatface.  It’s just a lot of the points some of uS were making had reason and evidence behind them and were legitimate discussion points.


This year I am not sure I want us to limp into the postseason anyway.  Deep QB draft and we need a young one making little money so that we can fill other holes.  But if we suddenly turned it around that would be cool to.

 

but alot of you guys are just so GD righteous on here and no look like a buncha little silly gooses.goose GIF

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Nickster said:

It’s not about being right or wrong Goatface.  It’s just a lot of the points some of uS were making had reason and evidence behind them and were legitimate discussion points.


This year I am not sure I want us to limp into the postseason anyway.  Deep QB draft and we need a young one making little money so that we can fill other holes.  But if we suddenly turned it around that would be cool to.

 

but alot of you guys are just so GD righteous on here and no look like a buncha little silly gooses.goose GIF

This is the draft to get a QB.  Will have Matt Ryan to learn behind and I personally and a fan of Pittman, Pierce and Woods. All three should be great weapons for a young QB. 
 

As far as this thread goes, I’ve been very vocal about Reich being the main issue with this team. He is not a good coach. He isn’t a leader or a good player caller.  His time is over. I do think Ballard should stay. He needs to pick a new coach and a QB in the first round and we keep going. There is a competitive team here…I just don’t think a game manager QB and lame coach like Reich can do anything with it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Nickster said:

It’s not about being right or wrong Goatface.  It’s just a lot of the points some of uS were making had reason and evidence behind them and were legitimate discussion points.


This year I am not sure I want us to limp into the postseason anyway.  Deep QB draft and we need a young one making little money so that we can fill other holes.  But if we suddenly turned it around that would be cool to.

 

but alot of you guys are just so GD righteous on here and no look like a buncha little silly gooses.goose GIF

How is it not about being right when youre declaring you were right at the first opportunity? You need to be right so bad it kills you inside. You dont want them to make the playoffs so they can draft some QB that probably wont work out. I want them to make the playoffs because thats the entire reason they do it.

 

I dont care about being right. I am wrong almost every year lol. Who cares? I dont care if I look silly on an anonymous football message board. This stuff isnt that deep, at least for me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eh call me an optimist, or delusional, but I’m not writing this team off yet. Have they looked bad? Yes, and at times in all 3 phases of the game. I just feel like the team will put it together. This feeling could change though depending on the outcome of Thursday night!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Goatface Killah said:

Right. How lame to want to see how things play out before you make a judgement.

 

You couldnt be a better example of whats wrong with the world today. So desperate to be right you declare victory at the first sign of affirmation. 

 

Its like youve never actually watched the NFL before in your life. You think the first 4 games tells you the entire story. Well it never tells you the entire story, the last 5 years watching just the Colts should make that abundantly clear. But only if you actually pay attention and arent desperate to look like you know what youre talking about.

 

1 hour ago, Goatface Killah said:

Right. How lame to want to see how things play out before you make a judgement.

 

You couldnt be a better example of whats wrong with the world today. So desperate to be right you declare victory at the first sign of affirmation. 

 

Its like youve never actually watched the NFL before in your life. You think the first 4 games tells you the entire story. Well it never tells you the entire story, the last 5 years watching just the Colts should make that abundantly clear. But only if you actually pay attention and arent desperate to look like you know what youre talking about.

No, of course I don't think the first four games tells the whole story. But those games do tell a story. In this case, it's part of the same story as the end of last season, the off-season, and the preseason. Sometimes you can see that a team playing badly has the potential to be good. I watch closely and I don't see it with this year's Colts. I'm hopeful they'll have some better moments but I think they have some clear, important deficiencies they are unlikely to overcome. I hope I'm wrong. I'll still be pulling for them every week. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Goatface Killah said:

How is it not about being right when youre declaring you were right at the first opportunity? You need to be right so bad it kills you inside. You dont want them to make the playoffs so they can draft some QB that probably wont work out. I want them to make the playoffs because thats the entire reason they do it.

 

I dont care about being right. I am wrong almost every year lol. Who cares? I dont care if I look silly on an anonymous football message board. This stuff isnt that deep, at least for me.

Lol nobody is needing to be right or wanting to be right as bad as your making it out to be. Also nobody is saying this is what the team is 4 games in. Only making critiques on whats been seen so far. You say its not that deep for you but your here making it personal trying to put yourself on a pedastool tells me it goes a little deeper than you like to think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

This is the lowest in the league. It’s just amazing how all of the positivity was in the off-season by adding several new high quality players and a veteran like Matt Ryan looked on paper as a contender. Well as we all have throughly discussed not only are we not a contender but the laughing stock of the league. When you see this in contrast with the other 31 teams it makes you realize our house is not in order and I keep waiting for Irsay to shake this up 

 

Our yardage sucks in 1H, and is great in 2H. Ryan is #4 in yardage. 

Tells you game plan sucks in the 1H. And we move the ball when we toss game plan. 

Going last 6 games, we average 6pts in the 1H.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Lol nobody is needing to be right or wanting to be right as bad as your making it out to be. Also nobody is saying this is what the team is 4 games in. Only making critiques on whats been seen so far. You say its not that deep for you but your here making it personal trying to put yourself on a pedastool tells me it goes a little deeper than you like to think.

Im "putting myself on a pedestal" by admitting im wrong just about every year? Cmon man.

 

Ill just disagree with your claim that people arent making difinitive statements about the season 4 games in, and just leave it at that. Its obvious thats not the case, but whatever. 

 

Nothing personal at all. 

 

1 hour ago, BeanDiasucci said:

 

No, of course I don't think the first four games tells the whole story. But those games do tell a story. In this case, it's part of the same story as the end of last season, the off-season, and the preseason. Sometimes you can see that a team playing badly has the potential to be good. I watch closely and I don't see it with this year's Colts. I'm hopeful they'll have some better moments but I think they have some clear, important deficiencies they are unlikely to overcome. I hope I'm wrong. I'll still be pulling for them every week. 

Yes they do. And ive been very critical of the coach for the teams inconsistency. I dont bury my head in the sand when it comes to the teams struggles. But you can still have faith things will work out at the same time. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Im "putting myself on a pedestal" by admitting im wrong just about every year? Cmon man.

 

Ill just disagree with your claim that people arent making difinitive statements about the season 4 games in, and just leave it at that. Its obvious thats not the case, but whatever. 

 

Nothing personal at all. 

 

Yes they do. And ive been very critical of the coach for the teams inconsistency. I dont bury my head in the sand when it comes to the teams struggles. But you can still have faith things will work out at the same time. 

"You want to be right so bad it kills you inside", thats not making it personal...haha ok yea we will leave it at that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

To be honest, the best thing is to not keep score, then it never gets personal, IMO. 

 

How many countless threads have we seen someone rubbing it in your face after a win or a loss (because that someone couldn't get the audience or validation they wanted earlier) or a draft pick (based on a mock someone criticized or disagreed with) or a QB seen failing/succeeding (someone jumps on it, see I said so years ago about Jordan Love, Josh Allen etc. etc.) years later? This is not the place you seek validation of your stance or affirmation of your knowledge from other posters who are just passing clouds in your life, to be honest. Disagree but when the disagreement goes on beyond a few posts, it seems to gets personal. 

 

Life is better if you don't keep score, otherwise you will have a pile of stress up to your chin in life, at least that is what I have learnt in my life.

 

My two cents. :) :2c:

This is a great post. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Goatface Killah said:

Well I will try to reign it in next time.  When the Colts come back and win their last 13 games I will keep it extra classy.

I got your back and know how you feel. Some people would rather be right that said our team would struggle than see the team win. It so obvious that it is comical. 4 games in and some are moon walking saying I told you so. Then people like you and I that actually want to see us win get piled on after we celebrate a win on a Colts website or get accused of making it personal. If some people would quit putting the team down 24/7 than what do they expect for us positive people to do just nothing?? If the negative people can't take the heat then they need to get out of the kitchen - That is what Karl Malone told David Robinson back in 1998. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I got your back and know how you feel. Some people would rather be right that said our team would struggle than see team win. It so obvious that it is comical. 4 games in and some are moon walking saying I told you so. Then people like you and I that actually want to see us win get piled on after we celebrate a win on Colts website or get accused of making it personal. If some people would quit putting the team down 24/7 than what do they expect for us positive people to just nothing?? If the negative people can't take the heat then they need to get out of the kitchen - That what Karl Malone told David Robinson back in 1998. 

It seems that way. But I believe them if they say thats not the case.

 

There are a few tho that are just internet trolls and I do feel like they are genuinely happy when we lose, which bothers me a little if I am being honest.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

It seems that way. But I believe them if they say thats not the case.

 

There are a few tho that are just internet trolls and I do feel like they are genuinely happy when we lose, which bothers me a little if I am being honest.

I am not sure how to read people anymore. I have just never came across fans that gloat because we lose a game. A true fan anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

One way to tell who is a troll and who isn't, is when we win and that person disappears for a week. That is why I know who's who in that aspect.

 

When we beat KC, I was so surprised, almost fainted, and should have a taken week off. The overdose of luck was too much for me. 

 

If Reich calls a dynamic game, I might have a heart attack. Might need to take a month off.  

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...