Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Phillip Lindsay may play Thurdsay night....???


Bolt Colt
 Share

Recommended Posts

If Taylor is not able to play, Indianapolis would likely increase the role for Nyheim Hines.

The Colts might also turn to veteran running back Phillip Lindsay, who has spent the first four weeks on the practice squad. Born in Denver, raised in the Denver area and a star at Colorado, Lindsay first made the Broncos as an undrafted free agent and became a local sensation by rushing for more than 1,000 yards in each of his first two seasons playing for his hometown team. 

 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2022/10/03/colts-phillip-lindsay-is-next-if-jonathan-taylor-ankle-cant-play/69536274007/

 

Let Johnathan rest. Between has ankle and turf toe don't make it worse.

Give Lindsay a shot and target Hines out of the backfield more.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Dolphins rushed a likely already concussed Tua into a 2nd game within 5 days, and ended up losing him for the forseeable future - if JT's ankle is in any way sore, I let him rest & stay off if (in game action) until  our home rematch with Jacksonville on the 16th.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd prefer if JT can go, but I wouldn't be upset if Lindsay got the RB1 carries if he can't. I'd take Lindsay over Jackson getting JT's carries any day. Lindsay can at least get skinny through small creases, which is just about all our OL is opening right now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bolt Colt said:

If Taylor is not able to play, Indianapolis would likely increase the role for Nyheim Hines.

The Colts might also turn to veteran running back Phillip Lindsay, who has spent the first four weeks on the practice squad. Born in Denver, raised in the Denver area and a star at Colorado, Lindsay first made the Broncos as an undrafted free agent and became a local sensation by rushing for more than 1,000 yards in each of his first two seasons playing for his hometown team. 

 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2022/10/03/colts-phillip-lindsay-is-next-if-jonathan-taylor-ankle-cant-play/69536274007/

 

Let Johnathan rest. Between has ankle and turf toe don't make it worse.

Give Lindsay a shot and target Hines out of the backfield more.

 

 


Actually you’re more likely to see Deon Jackson, Phillip is in the PS so unless they waive someone to bring him up (which likely won’t happen) Deon Jackson will see a fair share of Carry’s. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ProblChld32 said:


Actually you’re more likely to see Deon Jackson, Phillip is in the PS so unless they waive someone to bring him up (which likely won’t happen) Deon Jackson will see a fair share of Carry’s. 

They DON'T have to waive anyone to bring up Lindsey from p.s (He hasnt been brought up yet so has all 3 call ups left). Cant see club going to Jackson for carries in anything but garbage time. Was dead last in NFL last year in ypc at 2.4 and this year he has regressed down to negative -1.5. He is a special teams player only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

The Dolphins rushed a likely already concussed Tua into a 2nd game within 5 days, and ended up losing him for the forseeable future - if JT's ankle is in any way sore, I let him rest & stay off if (in game action) until  our home rematch with Jacksonville on the 16th.

 

Its not like the Colts are going to do anything. just being realistic... :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once again, Ballard added another fast, straight ahead runner in Lindsay.  Sorry, don't expect many different play calls.

 

That's our vision of a running game, especially when so much money is invested in this oline construction. 

 

Yawn.

 

We have the starting straight ahead runner, his backup, and the backup's backup.  All are the same guy...they just get smaller as you work your way down the depth chart...like nesting tables.  LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

They DON'T have to waive anyone to bring up Lindsey from p.s (He hasnt been brought up yet so has all 3 call ups left). Cant see club going to Jackson for carries in anything but garbage time. Was dead last in NFL last year in ypc at 2.4 and this year he has regressed down to negative -1.5. He is a special teams player only.


You CANT call anyone up if there isn’t a roster spot available. If you didn’t already notice Patmon was waived to make room for Chase. So how Exactly do you expect them to call him up when we do not have room on the 53 man roster?

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:


You CANT call anyone up if there isn’t a roster spot available. If you didn’t already notice Patmon was waived to make room for Chase. So how Exactly do you expect them to call him up when we do not have room on the 53 man roster?

You get three elevations a year for practice squad players where they don’t count against the 53.  That’s how the Colts have called Chase up the past three weeks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:


You CANT call anyone up if there isn’t a roster spot available. If you didn’t already notice Patmon was waived to make room for Chase. So how Exactly do you expect them to call him up when we do not have room on the 53 man roster?

Rules work differently... lol

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/8/30/23325681/how-it-works-nfl-practice-squad-rules-eligibility-salary-and-more

many articles if you need

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If JT is not a go (and if it were up to me, I’d assume he cannot be 100%, so I’d sit home the extra week), I hope Lindsay is the JT replacement.  I honestly think he would be a more effective runner than Hines. (I have just totally soured on Hines … I had felt he needed to be used as a slot receiver and periodic gadget runner, but now I just think he‘s a lightweight talent tease that is paid way too much of the salary cap.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:


You CANT call anyone up if there isn’t a roster spot available. If you didn’t already notice Patmon was waived to make room for Chase. So how Exactly do you expect them to call him up when we do not have room on the 53 man roster?

Yes you CAN, this isnt brand new Colts and everyone else have done this weekly for a longgg time..lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...