Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Reich replacement


danlhart87
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Football Coach GIF by USC Trojans

 

Yeah I know he just took over.atUSC amd it wont happen.but I've wanted Lincoln Riley for about 5 years now.

 

I don't know. The guy can score, but his defenses might as well have no one on the field.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:
  1. Payton (given who is available now)
  2. Peyton Manning (lol)
  3. Bill B (lol) 
  4. Bieniemy 
  5. Saban (lol)

 

Yes, guys "lol" aren't happening... 

Give me a better list East I don't like any of them

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Maniac53 said:

Give me a better list East I don't like any of them

Sorry... 

Those are my guys. 

 

  • Payton - Good O mind. Creative with O, and flexible with personnel. Also values good D. 
  • Bieniemy
    • probably best OC who deserves a HC chance. Creative, good O mind. 
    • Understudy (years with Reid)
    • coached AP as RB coach
    • coached Mahomes as OC
    • College level
      • successful as OC, declined HC job to go NFL as assistant (work for Reid)

The other 3, joking, but all 3 are geniuses. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Sorry... 

Those are my guys. 

 

  • Payton - Good O mind. Creative with O, and flexible with personnel. Also values good D. 
  • Bieniemy
    • probably best OC who deserves a HC chance. Creative, good O mind. 
    • Understudy (years with Reid)
    • coached AP as RB coach
    • coached Mahomes as OC
    • College level
      • successful as OC, declined HC job to go NFL as assistant (work for Reid)

The other 3, joking, but all 3 are geniuses. 

Payton was only good with Brees.

 

Bieniemy a maybe but I'm not bought on him I did like him putting Mahommes in place you may be on too something. We need a coach that is in charge not a player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd love Payton or Jim Harbaugh but I don't think either are realistic for the Colts.

 

DeMeco Ryans would probably be my #1 choice today if I was going with someone who I think is a realistic option.

 

Others i'd be interested in: 

  • Raheem Morris
  • Shane Steichen
  • Ejiro Evero
  • Ken Dorsey

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Maniac53 said:

Payton was only good with Brees.

 

Bieniemy a maybe but I'm not bought on him I did like him putting Mahommes in place you may be on too something. We need a coach that is in charge not a player.

Conversely, Brees was bad before he went to play for Payton...... 

 

Tell me a better OC now (for multiple years). 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Conversely, Brees was bad before he went to play for Payton...... 

 

Tell me a better OC now (for multiple years). 

12,348 yards, 80 touchdowns and 53 interceptions with Chargers guess they were wrong haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

John Harbaugh was a special teams coach I believe. Its not that crazy 

 

VERY different. 

John was an assistant on O side, and D side. And John was a son of coach. His father worked under Bo Schembechler.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Maniac53 said:

12,348 yards, 80 touchdowns and 53 interceptions with Chargers guess they were wrong haha

Brees went 4000+ yards per year immediately with Payton. Play improved quickly. 

Saints had some bad rosters for many years, but were competitive in general. 

 

IMO, he'd improve our O immediately. He'll need a good DC.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Brees went 4000+ yards per year immediately with Payton. Play improved quickly. 

Saints had some bad rosters for many years, but were competitive in general. 

 

IMO, he'd improve our O immediately. He'll need a good DC.  

And Payton went what without Brees???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, EastStreet said:

IIRC, only one year without Brees. And was 9-8 without a QB...

 

But zero question, Brees was much much better with Payton. 

Payton was even better with Brees got him a SB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

 

VERY different. 

John was an assistant on O side, and D side. And John was a son of coach. His father worked under Bo Schembechler.

 

Harbaugh was a positional coach, but his highest ranking job before becoming a head man was special teams coordinator, which is much different and carries more responsibilities than just being a position coach. 

 

I think Bubba is an exceptional coordinator and probably the only guy on the staff who has any potential as a HC. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Maniac53 said:

Payton was even better with Brees got him a SB

It's an illogical debate. 

We all know:

  • Payton was a HC with all but one year with Brees
  • We know Brees was dramatically better with Patyon. Not debatable. 
  • We know the one year without Brees, he was 9-8 with 4 different QBs. And he had winning records with both Winston and Hill. 

That's we all know. Aside that, we're guessing.

We do know though, he has good Os most years. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Harbaugh was a positional coach, but his highest ranking job before becoming a head man was special teams coordinator, which is much different and carries more responsibilities than just being a position coach. 

 

I think Bubba is an exceptional coordinator and probably the only guy on the staff who has any potential as a HC. 

 

Sorry, his family life (son of coach, who worked in a big time program), his career (assistant on O and D), etc. is incredibly different. 

And add his bother's player and coach experience. Harbaugh was considered a future HC for a while. 

 

Totally different. I like Bubba. But nobody is going to take HC talk seriously at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, EastStreet said:

 

Sorry, his family life (son of coach, who worked in a big time program), his career (assistant on O and D), etc. is incredibly different. 

And add his bother's player and coach experience. Harbaugh was considered a future HC for a while. 

 

Totally different. I like Bubba. But nobody is going to take HC talk seriously at this point.

I never said they were exactly the same.

 

I just said it isnt really a crazy idea. Its happened before, the Giants just hired Joe Judge and he has them playing pretty well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

I never said they were exactly the same.

 

I just said it isnt really a crazy idea. Its happened before, the Giants just hired Joe Judge and he has them playing pretty well. 

Joe Judge just got fired by the Giants.  They hired Brian DaBoll this past off-season.  Is that what you meant?  If so he was an OC not a special teams coach.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

I never said they were exactly the same.

 

I just said it isnt really a crazy idea. Its happened before, the Giants just hired Joe Judge and he has them playing pretty well. 

 

It's very different ( with JH). 

 

Judge is closer, but Judge still had both O and D side. 

And was mentored by Bill B. 

 

DId you know Daboll is the Giants HC 

Judge is now working for Bill again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, EastStreet said:

 

It's very different ( with JH). 

 

Judge is closer, but Judge still had both O and D side. 

And was mentored by Bill B. 

 

DId you know Daboll is the Giants HC 

Judge is now working for Bill again. 

Thats true. My mistake. I didnt realize they fired Joe. Shows how closely I follow this stuff lol

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

It's an illogical debate. 

We all know:

  • Payton was a HC with all but one year with Brees
  • We know Brees was dramatically better with Patyon. Not debatable. 
  • We know the one year without Brees, he was 9-8 with 4 different QBs. And he had winning records with both Winston and Hill. 

That's we all know. Aside that, we're guessing.

We do know though, he has good Os most years. 

So Payton was 9-8 without Brees sounds no better than what colts already have now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...