Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich and Ballard Prediction (Prediction, not what you want)

EastStreet

Reich and Ballard Prediction (Prediction, not what you want)  

66 members have voted

1. 1. When Reich will be gone? (not when you want, what is you prediction)

• He'll be here in 2023 (not fired)...
    • Fired after season (after G17 or playoffs lol)
    • Fired during period of G13-17
    • Fired during period of G9-12
    • Fired after Denver, and before G9
    • Fired before Denver
  2. 2. When Ballard will be gone? (not when you want, what is you prediction)

• He'll be here in 2023 (not fired)...
    • Fired after season (after G17 or playoffs lol)
    • Fired during period of G13-17
    • Fired during period of G9-12
    • Fired after Denver, and before G9
    • Fired before Denver

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2022 at 12:00 AM

With Payton, it's an everything is better in hindsight situation.  The Saints were not perennial contenders with Payton.  In fact, in a 10 year period from 2007 to 2016 Payton only made the playoffs 4 times WITH Drew Brees.  Payton had losing records in 4 out of 5 years with Brees.  That's almost hard to do.

Doesn't matter.  As was said, Payton won't be coming here.

I'm not defending Ballard here, but.....

I do think Ballard listens to Frank a lot / too much (esp. when it comes to QB's) and that is to his detriment. 

Frank went looking for QB's that knew his "system" in Rivers, and Wentz.  

Never forget the Colts didn't have a QB for a while after dumping Wentz, and Matt Ryan absolutely fell into their lap. 

In addition to that, Ballard is petrified to pull the trigger on drafting a QB in higher rounds or trading up to get their guy. So instead of trusting his talent evaluators, he listens to the HC (who is also a terrible OC) and this leads to the current team issues. 

I'd like to see another Coach under Ballard before letting Ballard go. If he remains stubborn and falls on the Reich sword, then he can kick rocks too. 

Predicting if anybody gets fired is going to depend upon the young draft picks having an impact and leading the Colts to some wins.  The young players that are linked to a healthy investment in capital. That would be Pierce, Woods, Pryor, Pinter, and Paye, to go along with Pitt and JT.  And the well paid vets that Ballard has signed like Ryan, Nelson. Smith and Defo and Leonard need to earn their investment.   We also need to show that we can evaluate kickers.

What guys like MAC, Dulin, Hines, and 4th rounder Granson do is irrelevant.  Their investment is peanuts.

We don't have to win a ton of games.  We do not have to win the Division.  We do not have to get to the playoffs.

We have to show significant positive signs that the team has a core group of players that perform well...that the ROI is here or very near.  

If we look inept, Irsay will deem the investments to be pretty pointless and will blow.  He will blame Ballard and Frank equally, IMO.

End of season, both, if at all.  Under normal Irsay thinking

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Reich gets fired.   Possibly this Friday.  No later than after the game week 13 when we have our bye week 14.

Ballard survives….   But I suspect just barely.   He’s going to have to find a HC he likes that wants to work with this roster and try to be competitive in 2023, and not think of the team as a rebuild.   That won’t be easy.   Can we find a promising young OC like Miami found with McDaniel?  

If Ballard gets fired, I think the question immediately becomes will Ed Dodds take the job and replace his good friend.  That might be….   Awkward. 

Dodds philosophy is carbon copy of Ballard.  No point in replacing him....

5 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I'm not defending Ballard here, but.....

I do think Ballard listens to Frank a lot / too much (esp. when it comes to QB's) and that is to his detriment. 

Frank went looking for QB's that knew his "system" in Rivers, and Wentz.  

Never forget the Colts didn't have a QB for a while after dumping Wentz, and Matt Ryan absolutely fell into their lap. 

In addition to that, Ballard is petrified to pull the trigger on drafting a QB in higher rounds or trading up to get their guy. So instead of trusting his talent evaluators, he listens to the HC (who is also a terrible OC) and this leads to the current team issues. 

I'd like to see another Coach under Ballard before letting Ballard go. If he remains stubborn and falls on the Reich sword, then he can kick rocks too. 

How many years has Ballard been here. And not drafted a early QB? It's worked...

He's held his job over half a decade.  If he took an early QB and muffed it....he's gone quick.... It's not what he should be doing....but it's kept him employed.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

We don't have to win a ton of games.  We do not have to win the Division.  We do not have to get to the playoffs.

If we look inept, Irsay will deem the investments to be pretty pointless and will blow.  He will blame Ballard and Frank equally, IMO.

End of season, both, if at all.  Under normal Irsay thinking

Uh....NOT doing the three things you say they don't need to do..... Is what Irsay will damn sure consider Inept if it happens YET AGAIN.

11 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Uh....NOT doing the three things you say they don't need to do..... Is what Irsay will damn sure consider Inept if it happens YET AGAIN.

I think Irsay "fired" Wentz in part because he did not care about decorum.  He did not like Wentz, and wanted him out regardless. It wasn't mid season but it was pretty visible, IMO.

Firing a HC in the middle of the season strikes me as a pee-O'd move, not something that really helps a team.  I think that he likes Frank enough that he's not going and show him up by firing him at a time that really has no purpose.  But, Irsay is showing more signs of being impatient and impulsive, IMO.  

End of season, IMO.   We'll see where the team stands then.

37 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Dodds philosophy is carbon copy of Ballard.  No point in replacing him....

The point is if you fire Ballard and don’t promote Dodds then you likely have to gut most of the entire team and start all over.   Even if Irsay fires Ballard I’m not sure he wants to start all over again from almost zero.  

Dodds is a smart guy.   Losing both Ballard AND Dodds (and potentially more of this scouting staff) would be very bad for business. 

So if I am reading this right...nearly 2/3 of Colts think it's likely that Ballard will be here next year, but not Reich. So pretty much the opposite of the end of Grigson/Pagano regime. 

That just seems like a very unlikely situation. With a new HC hire, there will be a new vision for the next 4-5 years. But Ballard has already had 6 years, so I can't imagine he gets another 4-5 years to do it over.

So that means his leash will be short. And they definitely don't want to be in a situation where they have to let Ballard go and hire a new GM with a HC already in place because that will likely limit their choices. Or be in a situation where they have to fire Ballard and the second HC he hired.

The example where it actually worked is the LAR. Snead was able to survive when Jeff Fisher was fired. And was permitted to hire McVay. 

However, the power dynamic with Snead/Fisher was definitely different than the power dynamic between Ballard/Reich.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I considered emailing Felisha, asking her to buy a Reich jersey. 

That is why I don't buy jerseys. I do have a Peyton jersey which I bought back in 2004, I made one exception because it was Peyton.

My Colts corner consist of 1 Peyton jersey = white #18, Colts 2006 Championship hat, a plaque of the 2006 team, a shirt that says 2009 AFC Champions, and a signed pic of Jim Harbaugh, all in one corner displayed. That is it. Nice corner though in my bedroom. Not much but nice.

IDK...all I know is that I did not renew Sunday Ticket this year (for the 1st time in 10 years)...and will not.

I feel sorry for Irsay with all these overpaid under-performers...especially O-line.

Sigh! Get rid of Reich and Ballard...they both failed.

Time to blow it up and bring in a coach like Sean Payton....give him the millions instead of wasting it on the O-line.

Let Payton choose the GM he wants...or give him GM and HC...he can handle it.

Can't blame Matt Ryan...he is doing the best that he can and more.

BUT, the changes must be made this year and soon...why waste the rest of the season?

We next play at Denver, vs Jax, at Tenn...could be 1-5-1.

5 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

If that's the case, then a whole bunch of fans won't be.

There are still 13 games to be played. Nobody knows what's going to happen. This was a "prediction - not - want" poll. I predict Colts go on a roll based on previous years. Could be exact opposite..nobody knows

6 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Why.....would Ballard survive pray tell?

Not being short, but I've explained my opinion in several posts. 

In short... I'm no Ballard worshipper. And he's made mistakes.

But we don't know exactly "who" is responsible for bad decisions. 

In the end, he likely deserves a short leash with a new HC. 

5 hours ago, shasta519 said:

So if I am reading this right...nearly 2/3 of Colts think it's likely that Ballard will be here next year, but not Reich. So pretty much the opposite of the end of Grigson/Pagano regime. 

That just seems like a very unlikely situation. With a new HC hire, there will be a new vision for the next 4-5 years. But Ballard has already had 6 years, so I can't imagine he gets another 4-5 years to do it over.

I think they are both gone at the same time.  If Ryan, Nelson, Smith, Defo and Leonard...and maybe Yannick... all underperform relative to compensation, there is no way that Irsay puts that solely on Reich.  In fact, he may even think Reich has been put into a difficult situation.  Irsay sees around him why the other clubs are winning, and he sees that we don't have the same kinds of horses in the same places.

Scheme may not be helpful and Reich would likely go, but these guys have to show up more than what they have done so far to keep Ballard's job safe, IMO.  And that means making an impact...not just earning good individual PFF grades.

If those guys underperform, I don't know why a decent HC would come here...especially with no QB and probably a marginal QB class to pick from....and the GM who built the place still running things.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is why I don't buy jerseys. I do have a Peyton jersey which I bought back in 2004, I made one exception because it was Peyton.

My Colts corner consist of 1 Peyton jersey = white #18, Colts 2006 Championship hat, a plaque of the 2006 team, a shirt that says 2009 AFC Champions, and a signed pic of Jim Harbaugh, all in one corner displayed. That is it. Nice corner though in my bedroom. Not much but nice.

I bought more jerseys in Peyton's time here. Not many now. 

Before Covid, flew back home a few times a year for games. Less desire now lol..

I now have more international soccer (national teams) jerseys. My intl employees and friends send them to me, and I've picked a few up myself when travelling. 

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

If, the Colts fail to make the playoffs again under the current regime, why does Ballard deserve a 7th year, but Grigson was fired after his 5th year and had zero losing seasons. 

Please, don’t say A. Luck. 

Grigson was bad (in every area). So little different. Howie went though 2 HCs before winning the SB... 

Hey Peter, I miss John. 

lol... 

4 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Butler or West too. lol

One of my clients (was a exec for a F100 company) had a large Halloween party... Probably 200 people. Everyone had to dress as a star from 70s-90s. It was hilarious. Everyone had to register characters so not to have 50 Johnnys. IIRC, I only 5ish of each. My girl was Nina. I was Harry

19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

One of my clients (was a exec for a F100 company) had a large Halloween party... Probably 200 people. Everyone had to dress as a star from 70s-90s. It was hilarious. Everyone had to register characters so not to have 50 Johnnys. IIRC, I only 5ish of each. My girl was Nina. I was Harry

Hartley and Reems lol Awesome 

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

Hartley and Reems lol Awesome 

In the contest, she got 2nd, and me 3rd... Her wig was on point. She took it to a beautician lol. I had a great mustache (fake of course). Can't remember who got #1 for female, but #1 for males was Ron, and #2 was John. The guy who was Ron was epic. 

• 1 month later...

Archived