Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What are our team needs and when do we start filling for depth in the draft.

turner46992

I know we are in need of Wr, Te and Cb, but do is there any where else. Rb? oline? Nt?

also would you guys consider getting Clark back at a lower price and take a Tall wideout or best Cb in the second instead of a Te?

at what point in this draft will we be looking to just fill holes. Like 4 or 5th and on up? or do you guys think we can manage to get starters out of all 7 rounds?

My revised mock looked like this

1.Luck

2.Fleener

3.Janoris Jenkins

4.Ladarius Green (Which would give us a serious two tight end threat)

5.Hicks

5.Streeter

6.Guard

7.Whalen

7.Blatnick

7.could use a Tackle I guess

something to that affect BUT

I like this second one better

1.Luck

2.Janoris Jenkins

3.AJ Jenkins, Criner, Sanu, Best available

4.Ladarius Green

5.Hicks

5.Streeter

6.Guard

7.Whalen

7.Blatnick

7.Tight End (Pass Catching as well)

not a huge change but different

Thoughts?

We need TE, CB, WR, G, DT, OLB, S and another RB. Obviously we probably can't get quality at all those positions but I think we go like this barring any trades (which I think we will do)

1.Luck QB

2.McClellin OLB/DE (Replace Freeney in a yr/2)

3. Brooks G

4. Charles TE

5. Baptist NT

5C.Wright WR/PR/KR

6C.Tandy CB

7. Greenwood CB

7C. Robinson TE

7C. Moye WR

I think they will pick up a running back and some help at S and LB with UDFA. That said I think we trade back a couple times to try to get an extra couple picks. We need talent in the worst way and getting more picks is the best way to do it.

1.Luck

2.Fleener

3.Janoris Jenkins

5.Hicks

5.Streeter

6.Guard

7.Whalen

7.Blatnick

1.Luck

2.Janoris Jenkins

4.Ladarius Green

5.Hicks

5.Streeter

6.Guard

7.Whalen

7.Blatnick

Thoughts?

My thoughts are Jenkins will not be there in the 3rd round and we need to get a quality NT between rounds 2-4.

I know we are in need of Wr, Te and Cb, but do is there any where else. Rb? oline? Nt?

also would you guys consider getting Clark back at a lower price and take a Tall wideout or best Cb in the second instead of a Te?

at what point in this draft will we be looking to just fill holes. Like 4 or 5th and on up? or do you guys think we can manage to get starters out of all 7 rounds?

I would take a CB at 34 anyways the talent of TEs in this draft are close rather take Allen or Hanna later.WR technically not a need but would grab if BPA is a WR at 34.NT can wait til 3rd or Baptiste later.No RB unless late late rds.And as far as OL we could def use some help.

1.Luck QB

2.Janoris Jenkins CB {top 15 talent too good to pass up even with the off field concerns)

3.Sanu or AJ Jenkins WR(atleast 1 will be there)

4.Ladarius Green TE

5.Nicolas Jean Baptiste NT

6.Vontaz Burfict LB(upgrade over conner)

7.Deangelo Peterson TE

7. Bradie Ewing FB

I love this, I know it's just dreaming that we'd get all these players exactly like that but if we could I'd be stoaked, probably the best draft prediction ive seen so far. I really like sanu and hed be an immediate starter, Green is ok not the greatest but an upgrade from what we have now and if we could get Jean Baptise in the 5th that would be awesome! However I don't think with the limited NT's in the draft that he will make it to the 5th ( not saying everybody on here is wrong it's just my personal opinion). But if it all worked out the way you predict i'd be very happy. nice post!

It is so hard to tell right now. After day 1 would should have a good idea of who we take at 34 and 64. After day 2 we could have a better idea of rounds 4-7. So many ways the draft could fall..so many. I really am for trading back for more picks at every opportunity. We have so many holes that more players to have an opportunity to fill a position or two. I would expect starters out of the first few rounds but by the 4th round and later we are talking about rotational guys and guys that are projects for year 2 and beyound. That is why this team isn't making the playoffs. The team we have is basically the team that will be playing for us with little help year 1 from these rookies. Year 2 and 3 we should be making progress in winning our division..our one goal.

You build your team to win your division..not to win the super bowl. Once you have a team that can do that then you address what will get you over the top. Currently we have to get stouter at the point of attack and stop the run. We are fortunate not to be in an elite qb division. I was worried about our corners at first but now I think about it we play mostly running teams. Jacksonville, Tennessee, Houston all have elite running games but except for Schaub aren't necessarily threatening passing teams. Why we have owned this division. We would jump out to early leads and they couldn't use their running games. Perhaps a CB early isn't necessary this year if one isn't there. I'm more thinking of front 7 help now.

1.Luck

2.Fleener

3.Janoris Jenkins

5.Hicks

5.Streeter

6.Guard

7.Whalen

7.Blatnick

1.Luck

2.Janoris Jenkins

4.Ladarius Green

5.Hicks

5.Streeter

6.Guard

7.Whalen

7.Blatnick

Thoughts?

Yea I liked the second one better because janoris jenkins won't fall to the third round and we absolutely need him. We should go WR in #rd then TE so i agree with u there.

This is my mock . . .

1. Luck QB

2. Janoris Jenkins CB

3. Mohammad Sanu WR or A.J. Jenkins (If both are available take Sanu)

4. Orson Charles TE or Ladarius Green TE which ever one is available

5. Really want Kendell Reyes DT but afraid he won't be their so Im going with Alameda Ta'Amu DT

5. Demario Davis ILB

6. Chris Owusu WR

7. James Brown G

7. Anthony Miller TE

7. Christian Thopmson FS

apparently the Eagles are willing to take a 5th, or 6th round draft pick possibly a 7th round pick for asante samuel who has also said he will restructure his last two years on his contract to fit the team he goes to needs. if thats the case if he can restructure it and the colts can find somewhere to send freeney for a 3rd round pick in a way were getting our draft pick back that we would be giving up for samuel and getting a good CB in the process. should the colts try this? they can easily use that pick they get for freeney and draft another DL player or a LB to fill in where freeney possibly will be playing. could work, but prob not going to happen.

This is my mock . . .

1. Luck QB

2. Janoris Jenkins CB

3. Mohammad Sanu WR or A.J. Jenkins (If both are available take Sanu)

4. Orson Charles TE or Ladarius Green TE which ever one is available

5. Really want Kendell Reyes DT but afraid he won't be their so Im going with Alameda Ta'Amu DT

5. Demario Davis ILB

6. Chris Owusu WR

7. James Brown G

7. Anthony Miller TE

7. Christian Thopmson FS

thi

thinkg about owusu is he could easily be a undrafted free agent. with his injury history and all i cant really see him being drafted. other then that the mock draft was pretty good. :number1:

thi

thinkg about owusu is he could easily be a undrafted free agent. with his injury history and all i cant really see him being drafted. other then that the mock draft was pretty good. :number1:

Hmmmm I actually agree with that so instead of Owusu i would take any other receiver at the 6th with the way my mock is

Im hoping for Sanu or Quick or a good number 2 in the 3rd and then Whalen in 7th which would be good for Luck

Agree we should get a WR in the third. Sanu is good but i like A.J. Jenkins more than Quick. And id go with Tommy Streeter or Jarius Wright in the 6th instead of waiting till 7th