Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darius’ injury

csmopar

In Gus' system, Darius now plays MIKE.  

He has probably never wanted to do that out of fear that his WR body will not hold up (although a Gus MIKE covers a lot)...so he's trying to pull the Andrew Luck thing....only more covertly.

:peek:

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He has probably never wanted to do that out of fear that his WR body will not hold up (although a Gus MIKE covers a lot)...so he's trying to pull the Andrew Luck thing....only more covertly.

Grow up

Leonard shouldn't be playing MIKE anyways it reminds me of Quinton Coryatt he absolutely dominated from WILL and then they moved him to MIKE and wasn't the same. So there I will agree with the people who say we need better coaching, Bradley needs to get his head out of his *.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You do realize that Leonard created 10 turnovers on his own last year. Dude if you are going to troll then make sure it is legit. You look bad with that post.

What does that have to do about this years team?  He has 1 tackle this year. How many TD’s did Luck have in 2016?

2 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

What does that have to do about this years team?  He has 1 tackle this year. How many TD’s did Luck have in 2016?

It has a lot to do with this years team, we are missing a guy that created 10 turnovers just a year earlier that helped us win roughly half our games. So you think missing a key guy on defense just a year later has no impact on our defense. Man dude, that is nuts. I guess when Ray Lewis retired it had no impact on the Ravens lmao, they were the same team (sarcasm), this post is ridiculous chuckling homer simpson GIF 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It has a lot to do with this years team, we are missing a guy that created 10 turnovers just a year earlier that helped us win roughly half our games. So you think missing a key guy on defense just a year later has no impact on our defense. Man dude, that is nuts. I guess when Ray Lewis retired it had no impact on the Ravens lmao, they were the same team (sarcasm), this post is ridiculous chuckling homer simpson GIF 

We have no idea on how many turnovers he would create this year. It might be none. What someone does the previous year is no guarantee on what they will do the next. They may only be a shell of what they once were. Look how fast Greg Norman lost it in golf. Look how fast Ray Fosse lost it in baseball. There are hundreds of examples in all sports over the years. 

Just now, Blueblood23 said:

We have no idea on how many turnovers he would create this year. It might be none. What someone does the previous year is no guarantee on what they will do the next. They may only be a shell of what they once were. Look how fast Greg Norman lost it in golf. Look how fast Ray Fosse lost it in baseball. There are hundreds of examples in all sports over the years. 

Come on, really. So you think Leonard at the age of 27 would go from all-pro to stinking? lmao . Him being out has had a big impact on our team.

8 hours ago, csmopar said:

Has anyone seen an update to his injury? I know they said head/neck injury post game but He was bleeding from his nose really bad after that hit

27 years old. Often injured. Great resigning.

6 minutes ago, FRW said:

Bob Sanders 2.0. Undersized, high energy, hard hitter who doesn't have the body to back up the desire.

I called it

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Your also forgetting. His replacements can actually stop the run and not just pile hop.

8 hours ago, DougDew said:

Yeah he clearly told Franklin hey hit me so hard you give me a concussion and break my nose so I can quit because my body won’t hold up but I don’t want it to look like that’s what I am doing…

4 hours ago, FRW said:

Bob Sanders 2.0. Undersized, high energy, hard hitter who doesn't have the body to back up the desire.

Until this year Leonard had missed something like 8 games in his career.  Sanders played two seasons in his career when he missed fewer than 8 games.  Leonard has a long way to go to be Bob Sanders on the injury front.  

I don't want to be the one bringing the mood down, but ... even before his concussion - did anyone think Leonard was moving well? I thought he looked slow/heavy/lumbering... very different from what we are used from him. I really hope his injury hasn't robbed him off his athleticism and nimbleness :( 

22 minutes ago, stitches said:

I don't want to be the one bringing the mood down, but ... even before his concussion - did anyone think Leonard was moving well? I thought he looked slow/heavy/lumbering... very different from what we are used from him. I really hope his injury hasn't robbed him off his athleticism and nimbleness :( 

Probably just rust from the rest and recovery. It usually takes few games to get right back into the full speed, even if the mind is ready. 

9 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

27 years old. Often injured. Great resigning.

I called it

Eh a helmet to face hit that busted open his face isn’t being injury prone. That said, I do feel he’s overpaid and has been since the day that was signed.

5 hours ago, stitches said:

I will have to watch again. But when Reich made his comments about Leonard not being ready to play winning football…that’s how I took it. That he had lost something from the surgery and was rehabbing it. 

Archived