Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rex Ryan

IrsaysArmy

While I don’t think Frank deserves all the blame, it’s becoming clear that he’s an average coach that will most likely not get us to the ultimate goal. He’s not gameplanning well at all and it’s hurting us exponentially. 

I think we should give Rex Ryan a call at years end. Players love playing for this guy and it will give us back that chip on the shoulder feel this team needs.

I firmly believe we got the right players to be a championship team. Now we just need the leadership. 

54 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

While I don’t think Frank deserves all the blame, it’s becoming clear that he’s an average coach that will most likely not get us to the ultimate goal. He’s not gameplanning well at all and it’s hurting us exponentially. 

I think we should give Rex Ryan a call at years end. Players love playing for this guy and it will give us back that chip on the shoulder feel this team needs.

I firmly believe we got the right players to be a championship team. Now we just need the leadership. 

:yuk:

57 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

No way. 

57 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Youre Kidding Are You Serious GIF by Snowfall

Special teams coaches normally see players on both sides of the team, on offense and defense. If they can get the players to play at a high level, then one should consider them. Much like Belichick and Harbaugh came from an ST background, it will work. I know, I know, Joe Judge didn't work but the players will respect Bubba for sure. Eagles took a chance on Sirianni, it is just as much a chance and one has to value the relationship a coach has with his players and how hard they play for him.

Like @CR91 said, if we are cleaning house, I'd go for Bubba Ventrone for HC and Ed Dodds for GM.

Darrell Bevell for OC (currently offensive assistant for Dolphins but has prior OC experience), that has a good relationship with Ed Dodds (worked with RW as a rookie), and if Brandon Staley gets let go by the Chargers in favor of Sean Payton, I'd get him as DC. That will be a good ensemble of coaches, IMO.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Special teams coaches normally see players on both sides of the team, on offense and defense. If they can get the players to play at a high level, then one should consider them. Much like Belichick and Harbaugh came from an ST background, it will work. I know, I know, Joe Judge didn't work but the players will respect Bubba for sure. Eagles took a chance on Sirianni, it is just as much a chance and one has to value the relationship a coach has with his players and how hard they play for him.

Like @CR91 said, if we are cleaning house, I'd go for Bubba Ventrone for HC and Ed Dodds for GM.

Darrell Bevell for OC (currently offensive assistant for Dolphins but has prior OC experience), that has a good relationship with Ed Dodds (worked with RW as a rookie), and if Brandon Staley gets let go by the Chargers in favor of Sean Payton, I'd get him as DC. That will be a good ensemble of coaches, IMO.

I like Bubba a lot too.

I've always liked Rex but he's not HC material.  For all Frank's warts I think his main issue is he's too nice a guy to run the entire show.  But Rex simply is not good enough.

Irsay needs to go get Sean Payton.  That's the guy.  This organization would be fully back and mattering again with SP prowling our sideline.

Another head coach who I would keep tight tabs on is Shanahan.  He's under contract with the 9ers, yes, but there may be a natural break coming there.  His time in SF has been hit and miss and there are rumors that he did not want the QB Lance in that draft.  If the 9ers lose this year he might come available and he'd be a fantastic hire for the Colts in bringing that run game here with JT waiting in the wings.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will one up you and say Sean Payton 200.gif

Payton won’t be free though. I’d love to see the Colts get Eric Bieniemy and draft Stroud to mold as the Colts future.

Joe Hortiz the Ravens director of player personnel is my guy for GM. Comes from the Ozzie Newsome tree. 

7 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Payton won’t be free though. I’d love to see the Colts get Eric Bieniemy and draft Stroud to mold as the Colts future.

Joe Hortiz the Ravens director of player personnel is my guy for GM. Comes from the Ozzie Newsome tree. 

I do like Stroud but we would have to go 1-15-1 to get him lmao 

35 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

I've always liked Rex but he's not HC material.  For all Frank's warts I think his main issue is he's too nice a guy to run the entire show.  But Rex simply is not good enough.

Irsay needs to go get Sean Payton.  That's the guy.  This organization would be fully back and mattering again with SP prowling our sideline.

We need a guy whose going to light a fire under you know what. Between Caldwell, pagano, reich, it’s nothing but nice guys. Lets

not forget it’s football. It’s not church.

6 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

I hope not I hate Rex Ryan he's a * if you ask me. 

13 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

If not for Frank Ballard would look worse. I'm not blaming the one over the other.

They both need too go IMO

Archived