Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

One example of terrible coaching/player development from the Titans game

Indeee

3 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

I've been off the Reich bandwagon from the start. He is totally emotionless. I think a head coach needs some emotion and fire to get a team ready to play. We come out flat every game. Name a coach that is successful Who doesn't show emotion and doesn't get p!$$ed at his player when they do something stupid. I am disappointed that someone like Nelson or Buckner doesn't get in their teams face and try to get their teammates fired up. 

Ryan has been baad and as much as I don't think Elinger is the answer I think he could bring some excitement to the team and at this point would not be much worse than Ryan. I am really down on this team and definitely want some changes. 

I’m not a big fan of Reich but does Tony Dungy answer your question 

35 minutes ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

I’m not a big fan of Reich but does Tony Dungy answer your question 

Tony Dungy let Peyton and Tom Moore do their thing and unless necessary, did not interfere with the offense as much. He was always good at half time adjustments, just not on the fly adjustments. So many times the Colts with Peyton came back roaring after the half, including against the Patriots in the 2006 season AFCCG. That is sometimes lost on Colts fans because he didn't yell at people. No wonder he wrote the book "Quiet Strength". His coaching performance on the field did give us a steady ship while making football adjustments and almost all the credit went to Peyton who could do no wrong in Indy at that time. :) 

Was listening to JMV today and he said he heard a rumor that Jelani Woods was disciplined and only played like 15 snaps all because he was texting while in church or something! Doesnt sound like something true, but if it was and Reich sat him because of that, then Reich is in way over his head! Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

11 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Every game this year you see very little emotion (Good or Bad) This team is full of All Pro players but they are not playing anywhere near that level this season. Someone said that it was great when Ryan had over 300 yards and I said look at the score not stats. Matt does not look or act like a winner. The offensive line, which is highest paid in the league is seriously underachieving. I know Pryor and Pinter/Fries are not all pro's but Kelly, Nelson and Smith are getting manhandled and that was not the case last year. Too many problems to fix and this falls right on Ballard and Reich.  Something must be done to shock the players. I say its time to fire our offensive line coach right now  

Matt shows a lot of emotion each game. You can tell by his face that he cares a lot. JT too.

17 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Ok, I know that I’m totally romanticized the time under Pagano, but it felt less painful back then. But yeah, I guess whatever good there was back then was because of Luck. I think Ballard was on to something, but that something has been run into the ground completely. 

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b7g4xoxjzeyvxh72rdoi

On 10/3/2022 at 9:08 AM, Myles said:

Reich gets lost in games because he focuses too much on the play calling.   I really believe it is holding him back from being a great coach.  

Almost.   Getting "lost in the games" is keeping him from being a great play caller.  He's not a great coach, and it's not because something is keeping him from any unrealized potential.... Remember, he wasn't even given a thought in our initial interview phase when we needed a coach.

Archived