Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Jonathan Taylor avoided major ankle injury

1959Colts

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/03/report-jonathan-taylor-avoided-major-ankle-injury/

Report: Jonathan Taylor avoided major ankle injury:

...Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the injury is “nothing major” and it is not something that is expected to keep him off the field for an extended period of time...

...The Colts will likely take as much time as possible before making that call. Nyheim Hines will be in line for a bigger role if Taylor can’t go...

3 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Time for more Hines up the middle for no yards!

It's super inventive and exciting....I can't wait!! 

3 hours ago, Catloaf said:

I think Frank is salivating to call ONLY Hines up the gut for an entire game.  NOTHING else.  No passes, no other players, just Hines straight up the the center between Pinter and Kelly.

.5 yards and a cloud of dust!

3 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Didn’t we sign Lindsay to our PS? Guessing he could be itching to stick it to his former team?

With our OL issues at the moment, I actually think a RB like Lindsay would be ideal. He's really good about being patient and getting skinny through the line. He's not a burner or anything, but he can slip through the smallest crease and at least get positive yards.

The one thing I don't want to happen is for us to thrust Hines into the starting role. He's not an every down back and has a specific role in this offense (needs more usage in that role, but that's besides the point). It would be foolish for us to use him in JT's role just because he's next on the depth chart.

If JT plays, I think we see Jackson spell him a little bit. If he doesn't we should elevate Lindsay and have him be the lead back with Jackson spelling and Hines still as the receiving back/slot WR.

6 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/03/report-jonathan-taylor-avoided-major-ankle-injury/

Report: Jonathan Taylor avoided major ankle injury:

...Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the injury is “nothing major” and it is not something that is expected to keep him off the field for an extended period of time...

...The Colts will likely take as much time as possible before making that call. Nyheim Hines will be in line for a bigger role if Taylor can’t go...

Hate to say it, but you have to rest him. 

You know it won’t take long for it to go ok Thursdays game.

Go Colts.

Archived