Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why we lost? Our GM let this guy go for peanuts and paid our 20 million for this OL play.

Rhodelesstraveled

16 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

77 would get you a top 5-6 T as of todays season ratings.  A LOT of teams want your guy.
 Here is the truth.
 Having two really Guards and a solid C is the best situation a team can have,
And of course you don't want trash at either tackle spot. (See $14M Smiths pass blocking Ugh!)
 THIS will always be true. You Must have SOME balance between running and passing.
 There is NOTHING more devastating to an opponent than being able to pound them up the middle where roughly, teams run the ball about 50% of the time. When you can pound them up the gut, it draws the defense in, it makes the linebackers totally susceptible to play action.
 IT opens up the whole defense to attack. 
 Will we see Q, Kelly, Fries begin to knock guys off the line as we have been used to seeing the last couple years? This is IMMENSELY Important.
 If Ryan keeps playing like this we won't finish .500 no matter how the rest play.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm at that point where I don't care if they lose because I think they need to invest in a QB.  They may not be able to find a QB drafting 20th.  And they're not going to accomplish anything in the playoffs even if they do manage to squeak in.

Of course I always root for them to win.  But I think looking long term is important here.  Which means...

1. Who is going to run this show as our head coach.

2. Who will be the QB of the future.

The first question, if it is answered with a top HC, will rectify a ton of the problems.  GM for example will need to jive with the new HC and will be answered as an extension of that decision.  Also hopefully it will be a HC who is dynamic enough to identify and hire his own staff based on his vision of the team.

The second will give him that offensive anchor to build the remainder of this roster around.  There are other hurdles that need to be cleared but those two are the biggest and what Irsay should be focused on right now as the owner.

On 10/3/2022 at 10:25 PM, Goatface Killah said:

You quit in life at the first sign of trouble, I can tell.

I'm a career social worker and worked with protection services. I worked with income assistance I currently work with those with intellectual disabilities I would hardly call myself a quitter but could try

On 10/2/2022 at 8:31 PM, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Ballard needs to go.  Horrible roster building.  He traded up for Buckner when we would have had a franchise QB in Herbert.  Please stop telling me Q is the best, because he is a horrible pass blocker.  He is right not even in the top 25 of OG in his pass blocking grades.  

6 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Right now….   Today….   Q is ranked 18th in pass blocking.  That’s according to PFF.   I don’t know where you’re getting that he’s not top-25.   

And this post you’ve made here is almost literally the exact same post you’ve made in two other threads within the last 5 minutes or so.   And Baldinger might be Q’s biggest fan.   I think he’d laugh at you if he saw how you use his work. 

On 10/3/2022 at 1:00 PM, GoColts8818 said:

Matt has been really good when he he’s had time.  The issue is exactly what you said in the last line.  Their highest paid line isn’t playing like it.  Now the hard part for Irsay to figure out is it talent and a misuse of funds (GM problem), talent is there but not playing up to its ability (coach problem), or a mix of both.  

How can you say this when he is a turnover machine?  

On 10/3/2022 at 7:49 AM, csmopar said:

This is why I think you don’t totally blow it up. I think you keep Ballard, Fire Reich. Why? Cause it’s more the play calling than the talent if you ask me. I mean heck, even my untrained eyes can predict what the colts are going to do play wise. There’s no mixing it up. And the refusal to run no huddle which Ryan is more than capable of, is mind boggling. Wear the Defense out 

i just dont know anymore, our players look unmotivated, still, and thats a coaching AND gm thing. we fixed things last year and done better. i dont see it getting better this year. this teams got to many secrets to be a good team this year, sucks

5 hours ago, 4daUColts said:

i just dont know anymore, our players look unmotivated, still, and thats a coaching AND gm thing. we fixed things last year and done better. i dont see it getting better this year. this teams got to many secrets to be a good team this year, sucks

5 hours ago, 4daUColts said:

I’m not so sure. We shall see

Archived