Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Broncos TNF Predictions

danlhart87

2 hours ago, tvturner said:

Losing Jonathan Taylor is a big blow

Should be close, Denver and Indy are both bad teams

Reich doesn't need Taylor...he has Hines to run up the middle for 1 or 2 yards per attempt.

Hines should sit down and have Jackson/Price run the ball.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shouldn't say it but I will. If this organization does not make any changes after today's game then I hope they lose.  I am so tired of basically being lied to every season by Ballard and Frank and getting my hopes up. I'm done!!! Time to end this 5 year build and start with a new regime.

16 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I shouldn't say it but I will. If this organization does not make any changes after today's game then I hope they lose.  I am so tired of basically being lied to every season by Ballard and Frank and getting my hopes up. I'm done!!! Time to end this 5 year build and start with a new regime.

I think Thursdays game is too close to make a change.  If they lose that one then I think there is a great chance it happens.   I think that’s why Fox was brought in.  Reich could be on a very short leash. 

Just now, richard pallo said:

I think Thursdays game is too close to make a change.  If they lose that one then I think there is a great chance it happens.   I think that’s why Fox was brought in.  Reich could be on a very short leash. 

On a short leash??? I would make some sort of change now. This staying the course is crap. The only problem is I am not sure anything would change. Would firing Strausser matter at this time of the year?

5 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I actually think it might help. Here me out. Instead of force feeding him when it isn’t working it’s going to force them to get everyone involved. Like the second half todsy. Broncos won’t have anyone to concentrate on. 

I concur.  I think we go pass happy and actually win.  Colts 20 Broncos 17

Honestly, if I wasn't such a fan and will forget about Sunday by Tuesday; this game could be one to skip on a work night. Both these teams have been awful. Both teams should probably be 0-4. 

But if we can't muster a win here.. it doesn't look good with 2 more divisional games and the NFC NOT least. And Bill Belichick :(

The Broncos gave the Raiders their 1st win yesterday, and like us lost their starting RB to injury.  I'm looking forward to seeing Haack boom punts in that thin mountain air. I think Frank saves his job with a win, because if we lose ugly due to sleepwalking through the 1st half again, he may be fired Friday morning, or at least forced to give up playcalling and focus on the preparedness of the entire team.

2 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

The Broncos gave the Raiders their 1st win yesterday, and like us lost their starting RB to injury.  I'm looking forward to seeing Haack boom punts in that thin mountain air. I think Frank saves his job with a win, because if we lose ugly due to sleepwalking through the 1st half again, he may be fired Friday morning, or at least forced to give up playcalling and focus on the preparedness of the entire team.

If we lose I think Reich is fired Friday morning.

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think the Broncos are overrated and are not very good.   Colts have a good chance to win.   24-17 Colts win.

Their D can be a problem, and like I said before, our penchant for turning the ball over is what worries me. The Colts don't turn it over, you can pretty much say we will come out with a win vs the Broncos.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Their D can be a problem, and like I said before, our penchant for turning the ball over is what worries me. The Colts don't turn it over, you can pretty much say we will come out with a win vs the Broncos.

We were great at creating turnovers last year, this year we can't create TO's to save our lives with the exception of a Mahomes desperation pass. One thing that helped Wentz last year was we created in insane amount of turnovers. Matt Ryan has to be like WTH at this point. The player I am most disappointed with so far this season is Taylor, his fumble yesterday killed huge momentum and he just gets stuffed over and over. We had numerous chances to tie that game and everytime Taylor go the ball he got stuffed. He could not even break off 1 big run! To lose to Tannehill again really pee'd me off because our roster is just as good as theirs. Anytime you have the better the QB you normally win, I am sure KC felt like that last week.

My keys to winning have always been:

1. Winning the turnover battle

2. Controlling the line of scrimmage

3. Situational football in the redzone as in getting 7 instead of 3.

-we are doing none of that.

Just now, Thunderbolt said:

I’ll change my prediction since JT may not play due to ankle injury .

Broncos-38

Colts-17

Broncos aren’t getting 38 pts. Their offense might be worse then the colts.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I already knew Leonard would be out, after what happened to Tua nobody is going to bring a back player in 4 days. A doctor just got fired in Miami for saying Tua was ok. 

Yeah apparently Reich said that even if they cleared they wouldn’t play.

Has all the hallmark of a blowout game that get people fired.

• Short week
  • Thursday night game
  • Coming off a deflating divisional loss
  • Stud RB is likely not playing to draw attention
  • DEN has a top 5-10 defense and can get after the QB

But since it's the NFL...who knows what will happen. At some point, Wilson is going to have a coming out party for DEN. 

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Reich said Lyndsey will be called upon if Taylor can’t go.

If he's smart, he'll call up Lindsay anyway - Taylor may start the game and not be able to continue (if they're really smart, they'll rule JT out and let him rest his ankle for about 2 weekends) so If I'm coaching this team, both Hines & Lindsay get all of the practice snaps and are both active on Thursday and besides, there's the extra motivational factor of Lindsay having been born in Denver, and having made the Broncos team as an UDFA, and playing there for 3 seasons as their featured RB.

Broncos lead 14-0 after the first quarter. One early TD is scored directly off of a Matt Ryan fumble. A lot of punts are exchanged in for the remainder of the first half. At halftime: Broncos 14, Colts 3.

The Colts score one TD in the third. And a second TD early in the 4th quarter. The Colts are midway through the 4th and driving with momentum when we face a 4th and 1 at midfield. Reich goes with a "surprise play" and runs Hines up the middle of the line for no gain.  (Dang! Foiled again!) The Broncos use another short field to score a TD and lead 21-17. With time waning in the game, the Colts march down the field helped by a great catch by Pierce and gutsy 3rd down conversion by Pittman. Matt Ryan is then intercepted in the red zone to end the game. 

Final. 

Colts 17

Broncos 21

Frank said something today that I noticed. He wants the run game to succeed instead of going with whats working. 

I think if JT misses Thursday it might be a good think so Frank can start passing the ball. The Colts have the players. 

1 minute ago, strt182 said:

Frank said something today that I noticed. He wants the run game to succeed instead of going with whats working. 

I think if JT misses Thursday it might be a good think so Frank can start passing the ball. The Colts have the players. 

Yep been saying this since finding out he might not play. 

Archived