Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should we sell this season

Boondoggle

I admit this might be premature but I am a frustrated fan right now.  I try to control my base instincts when things don't go the way I expect but this team is straight killing me.  And as I look at this roster I wonder whether some of these guys are not better served being moved to playoff contenders and give us some pick return that will assist in finding a signal caller.

"Shaq" for instance.  He is 27 years old now.  If this team can't pull out of this I have to wonder what the value is of keeping him around for the next two seasons if they end up reloading under a new regime.  If he were put on the market before the deadline there would be some competition for him.  Teams would desire him.  Or we could rebuild and hope he continues to mature, but he'll probably be almost 30 by the time this team is back in real contending range.

So I don't know.  Maybe I'm just letting the loss to the Titans affect me too much.  But I am at the end of my rope right now in my ability to put hope in this year's team.  Someone throw me a lifeline here.

9 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

I admit this might be premature but I am a frustrated fan right now.  I try to control my base instincts when things don't go the way I expect but this team is straight killing me.  And as I look at this roster I wonder whether some of these guys are not better served being moved to playoff contenders and give us some pick return that will assist in finding a signal caller.

"Shaq" for instance.  He is 27 years old now.  If this team can't pull out of this I have to wonder what the value is of keeping him around for the next two seasons if they end up reloading under a new regime.  If he were put on the market before the deadline there would be some competition for him.  Teams would desire him.  Or we could rebuild and hope he continues to mature, but he'll probably be almost 30 by the time this team is back in real contending range.

So I don't know.  Maybe I'm just letting the loss to the Titans affect me too much.  But I am at the end of my rope right now in my ability to put hope in this year's team.  Someone throw me a lifeline here.

the only poblem is the Oline. we could/should make some changes or at least switch some around the qb would be better the wr and te's can dowith them but this oline is gonna get Jt AND MATT KILLED. THIS IS on  the coaches

8 minutes ago, ruf said:

the only poblem is the Oline. we could/should make some changes or at least switch some around the qb would be better the wr and te's can dowith them but this oline is gonna get Jt AND MATT KILLED. THIS IS on  the coaches

Yes and No. Matt is clearly not calling the right protections. The OL is playing like crap as well. The OL coach needs fired

2 minutes ago, ruf said:

I disagree with the bolded sentiment. 

QB has been a problem and it's a problem going forward.  Ryan has to play with more consistency and be the veteran presence.  I assume at some point he will do that but what will our outlook be.  I admit it's still early but it feels like this team will be fighting against the current just to get a wildcard.

And it goes beyond the QB too.  WRs don't scare anyone.  TE's either.  I enjoy seeing the rook but there are no real threats in the pass game other than the top two which most teams can remove.

Every game is going to be a dogfight for this roster and I think the players share that blame with the coaching.  The way it's going the coaches will pay the price for sure, but then again they usually do.  Just feels like this team is going nowhere.

3 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

And it goes beyond the QB too.  WRs don't scare anyone.  TE's either.  I enjoy seeing the rook but there are no real threats in the pass game other than the top two which most teams can remove.

WR and TE looked great today. 

TE 11/11 and 2 TDs... wow, finally used well.

Campbell and Dulin played well, when we stopped forcing to Pittman and RBs.

8 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

I disagree with the bolded sentiment. 

QB has been a problem and it's a problem going forward.  Ryan has to play with more consistency and be the veteran presence.  I assume at some point he will do that but what will our outlook be.  I admit it's still early but it feels like this team will be fighting against the current just to get a wildcard.

Every game is going to be a dogfight for this roster and I think the players share that blame with the coaching.  The way it's going the coaches will pay the price for sure, but then again they usually do.  Just feels like this team is going nowhere.

Lose Thursday and we are done. Would be 1-3-1 with 3 conference losses. Somehow win and you’re still in decent shape. 

TE, WR and even DL are looking better, so no need to sell everybody.

But coaching needs to go.. HC and OL coach.

And I have supported Ballard long time, but an 15 year old kid knew we needed a LT and OL back up, DL back up and a Veteran WR so you dont need to wait half a season to click.

And lies on him all this QBs, he's the  ultimate personel responsible.

I forsee the Colts tanking for Marvin Harrison Jr and Arch Manning in the near future! Maybe TY Hiltons kid in a few years down the road! So, these next few years may be torturous! Ive contemplated wearing the Brown paper bag to games until our current regime is canned!

Sad Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

49 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

WR and TE looked great today. 

TE 11/11 and 2 TDs... wow, finally used well.

Campbell and Dulin played well, when we stopped forcing to Pittman and RBs.

Yeah our young TE room is solid,people though would be an issue and is not among top 5 concerns. Pierce is looking good and a 1-2 with Pittman for the foreseeable future.

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Yeah our young TE room is solid,people though would be an issue and is not among top 5 concerns. Pierce is looking good and a 1-2 with Pittman for the foreseeable future.

Pittman/Campbell would be a nice 1-2 if we used Parris correctly. And simply stopped forcing to Pitt

1 hour ago, Boondoggle said:

I think u would be very surprised how much teams would not value him. A play off team going for it all would most likely not go after a lb. 

20 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

I forsee the Colts tanking for Marvin Harrison Jr and Arch Manning in the near future! Maybe TY Hiltons kid in a few years down the road! So, these next few years may be torturous! Ive contemplated wearing the Brown paper bag to games until our current regime is canned!

Sad Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

If we wait long enough and keep sucking maybe one of our last 5 qbs will produce a vaunted college qb and we can go after him ?lol

2 hours ago, Boondoggle said:

Who would buy it for more than a small McDonalds fries?

2 hours ago, Boondoggle said:

100% 

Trade Leonard

Trade Kenny

Trade Buckner

Trade Nelson

Trade Hines

Load up on picks. Tank. Draft a QB, LT, WR, CB with our 1st 4 picks. Hopefully all in the 1st & 2nd round.

I dont think we have to tank intentionally, this could be a 5-6 win season

Matts arm isnt that good, we cant protect him or the ball and we dont have the receivers to make defenders back off

Our defense is keeping us in games but no one is scared of our offense 

25 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Me either. Stroud would pull an Elway and refuse to play for us.

We are not that bad lol

Qbs have been drafted high and gone to worse places than this 

Rob Irsay was a bad person.  Josh allen went to a team that had been a revolving door of qbs for decades 

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Reich is really holding us back right now.  I’m not really happy with the game plans either.  So the OC is a concern for me as well.  I would like us to make a change and make Fox the HC for the remainder of the season but realistically I don’t expect it to happen.  

Do you mean Frank Reich who out-coached Andy Reid? That Reich?

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

Do you mean Frank Reich who out-coached Andy Reid? That Reich?

Out coached him? Ha. Only in the sense that it appeared the Chiefs didn’t prepare for the Colts game at & all.

Heck look @ them right now & try to say Reich out coached Reid with a straight face.

4 hours ago, ruf said:

This is not fixable by coach change...you need to change personnel (O-line)...that can't happen until next year.

16 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Out coached him? Ha. Only in the sense that it appeared the Chiefs didn’t prepare for the Colts game at & all.

Heck look @ them right now & try to say Reich out coached Reid with a straight face.

But, but…I thought around here, if the team loses, that means the HC was outcoached? 

18 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

If Ballard still Our GM even if we have the top five picks he will still draft down and get additional picks. And use them to draft a quarterback in the later round and wait for development. 

Ha, ha...yeah you are right....Ballard is a stubborn bonehead and a creature of habit...to the Colts detriment.

Archived