Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's time.

cdgacoltsfan

It's time to go into full tank mode  We need to get a top 3 pick and we need Sean Payton making the picks. I think Payton wants full control and hopefully Irsay will do the right thing and clean house and hire Payton as coach/GM. 

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

It's time to go into full tank mode  We need to get a top 3 pick and we need Sean Payton making the picks. I think Payton wants full control and hopefully Irsay will do the right thing and clean house and hire Payton as coach/GM. 

If we have to trade or  pay a kings ransom to NO then so be it.

10 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I do NOT want a coach GM combo. There’s only one franchise that has EVER made that work, that being the Patriots with Hoodie

9 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

i would not trade anything for him on;y won 1 sb with breez and should have lost that one

25 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I do NOT want a coach GM combo. There’s only one franchise that has EVER made that work, that being the Patriots with Hoodie

And it’s not working so well now that Brady is gone. Dude put Patricia in as his offensive play caller…

First step....       Fire Reich (now)

Second step.... Fire Strausser (now)

Third step...      Tell Fox he'll be interim, only... And fire anyone who doesn't respond. 

Forth step...     Bring DeGug back to coach OL. Free pass to hurt feelings.

Fifth step...      Assign homework to Chris. Subject: tell us why we/he sucks. What the plan to un-suck. And who should be new HC

Sixth step..      Grade homework, and fire Ballard if needed

Seventh step.. Give Payton what he wants

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Third step...      Tell Fox he'll be interim, only... And fire anyone who doesn't respond. 

Fifth step...      Assign homework to Chris. Subject: tell us why we/he sucks. What the plan to un-suck. And who should be new HC

Honestly, Reich and Ballard are connected. If one goes the other most likely will as well. This is a failure at all levels. Extremely frustrating because the South is not that strong and is a winnable. But we have blown the opportunity. 

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Honestly, Reich and Ballard are connected. If one goes the other most likely will as well. This is a failure at all levels. Extremely frustrating because the South is not that strong and is a winnable. But we have blown the opportunity. 

I don't see them connected. 

Reich was not Ballard's guy. 

Reich was not in 1st round interviews.

And only hired late 2nd round once we missed on others.

And Irsay was at min 50% part of decision on Reich. 

Put Payton on the sideline tomorrow, we could still win the AFCS... 

Just now, EastStreet said:

Ballard signed off on him. He interviewed him. The circumstances suck, but he’s the one running the team. If Irsay was 50%, then Chris was the other 50%. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Agree.  But I am having a hard time seeing Payton and Ballard working together as an effective team.  Who knows.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Not that I’m aware of but I think Payton is going to want full control like the hoodie.  I can see him wanting that now at this stage of his coaching career.  JMO.

Honestly, if Ballard would stick to scouting and overall management I think Payton/Ballard could work. Don’t think Ballard wants that though. 

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Not that I’m aware of but I think Payton is going to want full control like the hoodie.  I can see him wanting that now at this stage of his coaching career.  JMO.

Don't see him like that.

Sure, he'll want say (who would blame for him), but I don't see him as BB-like. 

If anything, Frank is too soft. We need a stronger, more driver type, coach... 

Regardless, no reason IMO to worry Ballard/Payton combo. 

He'd bring experience, and a much much better O mind. 

I’m torn on this. I’ve seen a lot of Saints games, and it’s undeniable Payton is a smart offensive mind. He did however have a Hall of Fame QB playing for him and his teams seemed to continually crap the bed in the playoffs. If he hadn’t won that Super Bowl he would have been run out of New Orleans with 3-4 subpar consecutive seasons.

Let me ask a reasonable question. How successful was Payton in New Orleans? In all those years there he had what, 5 or 6 playoff appearances? One sb title, lot's of post season failures. More times not in the playoffs than he actually made them. Frank has made the playoffs 2 out of 5 seasons, that is probably around the same rate as Payton made it in his career in New Orleans. So why would anyone think we could bring him here and he would suddenly be wildly successful and get the Colts to the playoffs every year? Here's a news flash folks we don't have Peyton Manning at qb anymore. Another question, how good was the Colt defense in Mannings years? I say not very good, we won because we outscored the opponents 35- 30. And when we played a team that got away with holding every offensive player on every play we lost by about a 24- 14 score. I just don't see how a coaching change will make any difference. Fifty two years of history has shown me that.

37 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Let me ask a reasonable question. How successful was Payton in New Orleans? In all those years there he had what, 5 or 6 playoff appearances? One sb title, lot's of post season failures. More times not in the playoffs than he actually made them. Frank has made the playoffs 2 out of 5 seasons, that is probably around the same rate as Payton made it in his career in New Orleans. So why would anyone think we could bring him here and he would suddenly be wildly successful and get the Colts to the playoffs every year? Here's a news flash folks we don't have Peyton Manning at qb anymore. Another question, how good was the Colt defense in Mannings years? I say not very good, we won because we outscored the opponents 35- 30. And when we played a team that got away with holding every offensive player on every play we lost by about a 24- 14 score. I just don't see how a coaching change will make any difference. Fifty two years of history has shown me that.

The Saints would have been in 2 Superbowls but the refs decided to let the Rams go to the SB instead. Remember?

13 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Ballard Payton rap battle

B: 

Sean Payton, you're lame man, Drew made your job a Brees

1 SB title, cause Hank couldn't keep the ball in his Baskett, while he was on his knees

Geez

For real though

On a real note

I want to fly you in

Let you Circle the City

Next road to promise land, starts in Indy

P:

Ballard you mad, cause that title came against the blue

Every one knew

That Hank Baskett blew

Ooh...

You seem to have a problem with coaching

Whatever will you do?

You want to fly me through?

Send the jet

I'll be ready around 2

Woo

I'll take a Nap and rest my Dome

Contemplate if I want to be a Hoosier

And make the Town of Indy my home

Naptown

Circle City

Hoosier Dome

Smh....:peek:

Michael Sheen GIF by ProdigalSonFox

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

This sounds awfully good to me...it is too logical...maybe after we are 1-4-1 or worse they might change.

But probably they (Irsay) will waste the rest of the season instead of starting the fix-up this year.

The O-line salaries vs performance has been a disaster, especially Ryan Kelly and Braden Smith...this is on Ballard.

I wonder if Nelson will turn into an incompetent too, after getting a big payday.

16 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

This sounds awfully good to me...it is too logical...maybe after we are 1-4-1 or worse they might change.

But probably they (Irsay) will waste the rest of the season instead of starting the fix-up this year.

The O-line salaries vs performance has been a disaster, especially Ryan Kelly and Braden Smith...this is on Ballard.

I wonder if Nelson will turn into an incompetent too, after getting a big payday.

Half of me - thinks Irsay is mad and serious... and we'll sack Reich. 

Other half... - thinks Irsay bull'd us with all the "chips" stuff, or is hoping a tank for the draft... 

Yea, I clearly remember that I'm one of the posters on here who think the nfl isn't always above board on "fairness". It probably is just a coincidence but since Stan Kronke shelled out 3 billion dollars of his own money to build that stadium in L.A. he has gone to 2 sb's, one with Jarrad Goff at qb.

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Half of me - thinks Irsay is mad and serious... and we'll sack Reich. 

Other half... - thinks Irsay bull'd us with all the "chips" stuff, or is hoping a tank for the draft... 

We can only hope that the most bold move by the team is not just cutting the kicker. There is a sufficient body of work here to base decisions on. 

1 hour ago, Dobbinblitz said:

We can only hope that the most bold move by the team is not just cutting the kicker. There is a sufficient body of work here to base decisions on. 

Yup. Plenty of body.... 

Maybe we'll cut the long snapper?

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

It’s not the players or the GM……it’s the coach. He has lost the locker room!

since early Jan.. 

11 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Reich didn’t cause Ryan to fumble.

Of course he didn't - he is causing $hitty first halves with his high school play calling and leaving far too many points on the field with his ridiculous let's go for it on 4th down plays instead of taking the 3 points like a lot of smart coaches do.....

The team has been flat every game dating back to the Raiders game last year......that is a by product of losing the locker room and his voice isn't being heard anymore.

Archived