Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matty Ice

joeb

It doesn't matter who plays QB right now...Foles would be as bad or worse...these guys are no better than Wentz...QB is not the main problem...maybe a mobile QB (Ehlinger) would work better.

We have some grossly overpaid players on the team...especially the O-line (and other positions).

It looks like the Colts are headed for a 1-4-1 start and a poor season...when will things change?

6 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

It doesn't matter who plays QB right now...Foles would be as bad or worse...these guys are no better than Wentz...QB is not the main problem...maybe a mobile QB (Ehlinger) would work better.

We have some grossly overpaid players on the team...especially the O-line (and other positions).

It looks like the Colts are headed for a 1-4-1 start and a poor season...when will things change?

I do think QB play is a problem.  Ryan is not playing well.  He is a veteran and should be playing conservatively which is to say I don't think he has been careful enough with the ball.  But also his weapons are poor.  Not an excuse either, as there's plenty of blame to go around for both sides of that coin as well as the line.

At some point you do have to look at QB and ask yourself if you're better served using the game time during this season to get a look at Ehlinger and see what he can do.  I don't think it will be pretty due to the above.  But at least if you're going to look bad on offense you're finding something out about a young signal caller to help you make the best decisions this upcoming offseason.

We're probably not at that point yet.  But if we drop this game it puts us near it.  This year's team looks fragile mentally, like the type of squad that is ready to quit on the coach.  Three division games in now and if we lose this one I have to ask myself what the plan is.  Jax looks like a team on the rise with a young stud QB.  Titans seem to have our number again.  I generally don't like throwing the towel in early in the season because I've had teams rebound and make me feel stupid, but it sure feels like this team isn't up to snuff.

39 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Since we’re not going anywhere (again) this season see what Ehlinger can do. He can do no worse than what we’re experiencing right now. 

While I understand wanting to put a young guy in there, Matt Ryan has a 30m cap hit next year.  We have to let him right the ship this season bc he will be starting for us next season as well.  Hopefully just to bridge for whoever we draft next April. 

I was a big Ryan proponent, and while I’m not jumping ship yet, this is just depressing. He’s got to know to take care of the ball. It’s putting the d in awful situations or putting us behind the chains killing drives. 1/4 of the season is gone now. Time to take a hard look at what we can do and try and fix it. Some highly paid players need to do some soul searching, including Ryan, because they aren’t playing up to snuff.

I think Ryan’s completion rate in second half was falsely inflated due to

some magical stretch out or back peddling catches by our receivers and tight ends. He had more protection in second half and still didn’t throw the ball with precision. That is quite worrisome. 

9 hours ago, joeb said:

Has melted. He is not much better now than Curtis Painter. The play calling is a joke. We look like a team that will be picking in the top 10 maybe 5. Time for a new Qb.

I think in defence of Ryan. I think he came here expecting to be protected by a very good Oline. The Oline is trash. I don't see many 37 year old qbs could play behind that Oline. The play has been horrendous and all we hear from this group is that  we got to play better. These are not rookies.  I always felt they were over rated but man's this is utterly deplorable.

16 minutes ago, Matty Ice-Ice Baby said:

I did notice that will fries was at rg in the second half, I wonder if Pinter was hurt or maybe benched 

Well his feelings were probably hurt as I bet he got benched!!!

Archived