Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 4 Games


RollerColt
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

What is that pink-colored vapor? Is that a stinkpot?

I love Peyton, with him we had the division cliched by Thanksgiving. I remember being at moms one year for Thanksgiving and saying Colts are already in the playoffs and have HFA, my mom said HUH = lmao . I said yeah it is already over with a month to go. That was back in 2009. The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we don't make the playoffs or come out of the AFC, I am rooting for my guy Jimmy G. So I can say I told you so, just joking but people saying he can't win a SB is a joke. He has the team to do it and he is better than the Dilfer's and Brad Johnson's of the world. I would take him over Flacco and Foles even when they were in their prime. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You come up with the funniest stuff, please explain?

 

I looked it up. She may be right. Apparently to reveal the gender of an unborn baby, people will have smoke bombs with colors to reveal the gender. I think that is what I read. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we don't make the playoffs or come out of the AFC, I am rooting for my guy Jimmy G. So I can say I told you so, just joking but people saying he can't win a SB is a joke. He has the team to do it and he is better than the Dilfer's and Brad Johnson's of the world. I would take him over Flacco and Foles even when they were in their prime. 

Wouldn’t it be hillarious if they win the SB. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai Tyler Higbee would have been a good pickup. 

Yeah, someone picked him in last round of the draft, as a backup to Tj Hock. But Higbee doesn't get much though, he gets the targets when Cooper Kupp is completely covered. Other than Kupp, their receivers aren't using the opportunities much, and Van Jefferson is injured, so Stafford targets his TE. Higbee's targets would be reduced when Jefferson comes back, Higbee isn't a reliable option week in and week out even now. 

 

I missed Everett in the beginning of the fantasy waivers, Herbert has given him TD in 3 of 4 weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With all the complaining on here about the Colts receiving room, the Rams receiving room is worse and that was before the Jefferson injury. Rams looked bad last night against a team we demolished last season.  Funny how in the past 12 months Ballard has forgotten how to build a team and Reich has forgotten everything about coaching. Atleast according to some people on here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm referring to the whole room. Kupp gets 14 catches because no one else can get open or catch the ball. Maybe Sean Mcvay is a bad coach? Kupp had a lot of catches last season for the same reason, and the gm didn't do anything about it this past offseason, maybe he should be fired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Two_pound said:

I'm referring to the whole room. Kupp gets 14 catches because no one else can get open or catch the ball. Maybe Sean Mcvay is a bad coach? Kupp had a lot of catches last season for the same reason, and the gm didn't do anything about it this past offseason, maybe he should be fired.

 

The issue is - Allen Robinson was signed and he is not a separation guy, more of a "go and get it or just comeback routes" guy, his work with Trubisky showed that. Van Jefferson is banged up and not available. OBJ is unsigned. So there is not much firepower as we think there is on paper. Their run game is not scaring many folks and Stafford is pressing, elbow injury or not (he has been known to press and throw INTs before). Add to that, a team that always gave them fits in the 49ers, even with OBJ, Jefferson available, and it was expected, IMO (like the Bucs went 0-2 in the regular season and beat the Saints in the playoff game in 2020, Rams went 0-2 in the regular season and beat the 49ers in the NFCCG in 2021).

 

Jimmy G needed to play smart and not make mistakes, and let his D pounce on mistakes, that is what they did. There is more continuity on the 49ers for Jimmy G and more subtractions for Stafford on the offensive side, especially now that Kittle is back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

O.K, so that is a reasonable take and explanation on the situation(and I'm sure no one is panicking in L.A.) So,why are Ballard and Reich under so much fire on this forum? Does anyone on this forum realize we out gained 2 of our opponents by over 130 yards this year and tied one of them and lost one of them. The Chiefs outgained us by 80 yards I think, but we won that one.This team is a lot better than they've played, and it could only take two minor adjustments to make a big difference: 1, bench Kenny Moore-he isn't even trying, 2, bench Ryan Kelly- I think his line calls are not good enough, there's too much confusion. Just my opinion, and I'll remind everyone I am not a coach!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Two_pound said:

O.K, so that is a reasonable take and explanation on the situation(and I'm sure no one is panicking in L.A.) So,why are Ballard and Reich under so much fire on this forum? Does anyone on this forum realize we out gained 2 of our opponents by over 130 yards this year and tied one of them and lost one of them. The Chiefs outgained us by 80 yards I think, but we won that one.This team is a lot better than they've played, and it could only take two minor adjustments to make a big difference: 1, bench Kenny Moore-he isn't even trying, 2, bench Ryan Kelly- I think his line calls are not good enough, there's too much confusion. Just my opinion, and I'll remind everyone I am not a coach!

 

It is because of history. History of bad starts year after year (chicken or egg, is it Ballard or Reich that is the issue?) that puts us in a hole that it gives you little margin for error down the stretch, which cost us last year. That way, the ceiling of a high seed in the AFC is never realized, and both times with Luck and Rivers, it was a wild card for us. For a GM and coach that emphasize trench play, having your trenches beat up like that in Jacksonville year after year, and versus the Titans consistently too recently, again makes you wonder if you have the right coaches coaching up the players (again, is it Ballard or Reich?). 

 

Rams don't have the same history of bad starts except with the 49ers who are a bad matchup for them like the Chargers were for us during the Peyton era. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...