Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Weekly Game: Colts + AFC South + Bonus (W4)

EastStreet

Weekly Game: Colts + AFC South + Bonus (W4)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Titans at Colts (-3.5) Outcome - W, Tie, or L (not vs line)

• Colts win (1 pt, home favorite)
    • Tie (5 pts)
    • Titans win (2 pts, road underdog, close line)
  2. 2. AFCS: Jax at Eagles (-6.5)

• Jax win (3 pts, road dog, decent line)
    • Tie (5 pts)
    • Eagles win (1 pt, home favorite)
  3. 3. AFCS: Chargers (-5) at Texans

• Chargers win (1 pt, favorite)
    • Tie (5 pts)
    • Texans win (2 pts, home dog, close line)
  4. 4. Bonus: Commanders at Cowboys (-3.0)

• Commanders win (2 pts, road dog)
    • Tie (5 pts)
    • Cowboys win (1 pt, home favorite)
  5. 5. Bonus: Chiefs at Bucs (even)

• Chiefs win (2pts)
    • Tie (5 pts)
    • Bucs win (1 pt)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2022 at 05:00 PM

Simple Game

• 5 games. Always Colts and AFCS games. Will always focused on Colts, and AFCS teams and division race.
    • Bonus games to make 5. Either teams with relevance (previous Indy coaches or players), or big games. 
  • Choices: Win Team "A", Tie, or Win Team "B"
  • You win points with correct pick
    • Point value are listed (each choice)
  • In short.... pick winner (not on line). But you may get more points due to home/away, or line (listed clearly)
  • Self reported total. Please add and post in thread end of Monday night. I'll carry over and post in next week's thread (Wed or Thurs each week)
  • Winner for week.
    • And for those who play weekly, add points week to week (for season total)
  • Will keep going if we get players. 

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Picked

• Colts 1pt
  • Eagles 1pt (almost picked Pederson for 3pts lol)
  • Chargers 1pt
  • Commanders 2pts (taking Wentz over Rush lol)
  • Bucs 1pt

6 potential points

All lines under 7, so should be mostly close games. 

I have:

Colts win

Eagles win

Chargers win

Cowboys win

Chiefs win

-So we disagree on the final 2, I think Chiefs win big after losing to us. I don't think Tampa is as good in years past. I rarely bet against Brady but Mahomes played pretty bad against us. Cowboys are at home so I have to go with them, they get a lot of QB pressures, Ol' Wentz will have his hands full with that D. Micah Parsons is licking his chops.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have:

Colts win

Eagles win

Chargers win

Cowboys win

Chiefs win

-So we disagree on the final 2, I think Chiefs win big after losing to us. I don't think Tampa is as good in years past. I rarely bet against Brady but Mahomes played pretty bad against us. Cowboys are at home so I have to go with them, they get a lot of QB pressures, Ol' Wentz will have his hands full with that D. Micah Parsons is licking his chops.

Last two should be close.

Dallas has the better roster, but without QB, I'll take WA. 

TB and KC, both teams have ?s on WRs (banged up), but I'll take home Goat. 

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Last two should be close.

Dallas has the better roster, but without QB, I'll take WA. 

TB and KC, both teams have ?s on WRs (banged up), but I'll take home Goat. 

When I said Chiefs will win big, it probably will be close in reality but it would not surprise me if the Chiefs didn't pull away and win by 10-14 points. On the pick'em thread I only have Chiefs winning by 3. Something doesn't seem right with Brady, I still think they will win their division but Mahomes is like Peyton in September, he rarely loses. How we won that game last week was a miracle. I did pick us though and even bet on it haha . Won 400 on it, just that football gut feeling I get at times The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When I said Chiefs will win big, it probably will be close in reality but it would not surprise if the Chiefs didn't pull away and win by 10-14 points. Something doesn't seem right with Brady, I still think they will win their division but Mahomes is like Peyton in September, he rarely loses. How we won that game last week was a miracle. I did pick us though and even bet on it haha . Won 400 on it, just that football gut feeling I get at times 

TB has played 3 pretty Ds...

All 3 top 7 pass Ds. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Tampa's D, especially pass D, is good too. 

So easy guess for me. 

It will be an interesting discussion between you and I after that game is completed. Fun discussion no doubt. I had GB beating them, I nailed that one but it was close. If someone would've told me that Aaron would only score 14 and GB would have won, I would have laughed though and said no way. To me Brady is the GOAT, even over Peyton who is top 3 IMO but something isn't right with that team. Mahomes will eventually become a top 10 QB of all-time if he stays healthy, his record in September and October is like Peyton's and Brady's. That is why our win against them last week was titanic.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It will be an interesting discussion between you and I after that game is completed. Fun discussion no doubt. I had GB beating them, I nailed that one but it was close. If someone would've told me that Aaron would only score 14 and GB would have won, I would have laughed though and said no way. To me Brady is the GOAT, even over Peyton who is top 3 IMO but something isn't right with that team. Mahomes will eventually become a top 10 QB of all-time if he stays healthy, his record in September and October is like Peyton's and Brady's. That is why our win against them last week was titanic.

Just a guess.

KC had a ton of bad luck last week. 

Perhaps TB has bad luck this week. 

If both play well, TB IMO. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Just a guess.

KC had a ton of bad luck last week. 

Perhaps TB has bad luck this week. 

If both play well, TB IMO. 

KC made a lot mistakes last week I will admit but we earned that win as well. Tampa seems like they are not focused. I could be flat wrong and Tom may come out and put 30 on them and win the game.

55 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

No one taking Pederson over Nick so far.... 

Almost did. 

Hurts vs Lawrence should be fun too. 

Philly looks really good on both sides of the ball.  I watched a couple of their halves.  SOS is questionable so far, but they look like a really tough team to,match up with.

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

Philly looks really good on both sides of the ball.  I watched a couple of their halves.  SOS is questionable so far, but they look like a really tough team to,match up with.

Yeah I have to take Philly in this one, I think the Jags are a better team compared to last year but Philly is on a roll. 

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

KC made a lot mistakes last week I will admit but we earned that win as well. Tampa seems like they are not focused. I could be flat wrong and Tom may come out and put 30 on them and win the game.

IDK.. bad luck, penalties, missed FG, drops, etc... 

Feeling earned... IDK... had a lot help. 

21 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I love Hurts. As a guy/competitor. Not saying he's elite, or a great passer. But great kid. Will cheer for him always. 

Love what Nick is doing. Letting Hurts play (like in OK year). Going aggressive with WR personnel. Of source he's going hard with Brown, but allowing Smith (soph) be an athletic. And let's 6R rook go deep (Quez). 

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

IDK.. bad luck, penalties, missed FG, drops, etc... 

Feeling earned... IDK... had a lot help. 

but that happens in almost every game when a team loses or wins. They played sloppy but the only real break we got was when they fumbled the punt and we turned into 7 points. I can make excuses to why every team loses every week and point out 2 or 3 plays in every game that was close. We tied the Texans because we couldn't make a 43 yard FG. 

I can counter and say we played average in reality, Taylor only had 71 yards, not only that KC caught 2 huge breaks, Taylor not getting a first down on 4th and a foot when we had a good drive going and when we got cheated on the 2 pt conversion. That 2 should not have counted, the league even said so. I will admit KC didn't play their normal game but not giving us any credit for the win is MEH. We stopped their run and kept it close, Matt Ryan was great on the final drive, they gave us a chance to win and we delivered. End of story.

-  Colts - It's going to be really close, but I have us winning because of homefield.

-  Jax - It's a reach, but I think it's going to be close and Jax might surprise.

-  Chargers

-  Cowboys - They've been getting it done even with Rush. Also, homefield.

-  Chiefs - Bucs offense seems sluggish and the Chiefs want to bounce back after losing to us.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

but that happens in almost every game when a team loses or wins. They played sloppy but the only real break we got was when they fumbled the punt and we turned into 7 points. I can make excuses to why every team loses every week and point out 2 or 3 plays in every game that was close. We tied the Texans because we couldn't make a 43 yard FG. 

I can counter and say we played average in reality, Taylor only had 71 yards, not only that KC caught 2 huge breaks, Taylor not getting a first down on 4th and a foot when we had a good drive going and when we got cheated on the 2 pt conversion. That 2 should not have counted, the league even said so. I will admit KC didn't play their normal game but not giving us any credit for the win is MEH. We stopped their run and kept it close, Matt Ryan was great on the final drive, they gave us a chance to win and we delivered. End of story.

Both teams played sloppy. We got breaks. They had bad luck. 

3 hours ago, Solid84 said:

-  Colts - It's going to be really close, but I have us winning because of homefield.

-  Jax - It's a reach, but I think it's going to be close and Jax might surprise.

-  Chargers

-  Chiefs - Bucs offense seems sluggish and the Chiefs want to bounce back after losing to us.

I think Bucs pull it out with Mike Evans back and maybe Godwin

4 hours ago, Solid84 said:

-  Chargers

FYI - Bucs have played vs 3 good pass Ds. 

All games should be close. Fun day. Unless Indy loses lol. 

Archived