Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Congratulations

Arodgers12

Thanks man!!! The football gods smiled on us and our team gave the Chiefs all they could handle, we are of course happy about the win.

Actually, I was very impressed with how the Packers played. Finally, the rookie wideout(s) got involved and that is a good thing. The Bucs' D was at full strength and if not for Aaron Jones' fumble, you would have gone 21-3 up on them, instead it became 14-6. That is the Tom Brady effect. He won't make mistakes easily but will make sure to make you pay for every single mistake and turnover your team makes even if it is driving down 99 yards after a cough up at the goal line by the opposing team.

Same thing last year - Rams are up comfortably for 3 quarters in that playoff game in Tamps, and then Akers fumbles at the goal line, Cooper Kupp fumbles and before you know the game is tied vs the Rams and thanks to a superb pass from Stafford to Kupp, the Rams beat them with a FG in the final seconds. Expect to play 60 minutes down to the wire to beat a Tom Brady led team. That 60 minute philosophy trickles down to his teammates on D and ST too. Typically, mistakes are easy to overcome against any other QB led team in history, just rarely against Tom Brady led teams.

Rodgers will need this kind of team support from D and special teams that did very well if he has to make noise in the playoffs and not be another 1-and-done. The #2 vs #3 seeding (or #1 vs #2) might come down to this game when it is all said and done, I feel.

Good win for you guys!!! Now Brady lost 2 in a row in 2006 and next in 2020, and he will have Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and Julio Jones all available. I feel for the Chiefs. In any pick'em I am betting against the Chiefs against a hungry Brady and that Bucs' D.

25 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Thanks man!!! The football gods smiled on us and our team gave the Chiefs all they could handle, we are of course happy about the win.

Actually, I was very impressed with how the Packers played. Finally, the rookie wideout(s) got involved and that is a good thing. The Bucs' D was at full strength and if not for Aaron Jones' fumble, you would have gone 21-3 up on them, instead it became 14-6. That is the Tom Brady effect. He won't make mistakes easily but will make sure to make you pay for every single mistake and turnover your team makes even if it is driving down 99 yards after a cough up at the goal line by the opposing team.

Same thing last year - Rams are up comfortably for 3 quarters in that playoff game in Tamps, and then Akers fumbles at the goal line, Cooper Kupp fumbles and before you know the game is tied vs the Rams and thanks to a superb pass from Stafford to Kupp, the Rams beat them with a FG in the final seconds. Expect to play 60 minutes down to the wire to beat a Tom Brady led team. That 60 minute philosophy trickles down to his teammates on D and ST too. Typically, mistakes are easy to overcome against any other QB led team in history, just rarely against Tom Brady led teams.

Rodgers will need this kind of team support from D and special teams that did very well if he has to make noise in the playoffs and not be another 1-and-done. The #2 vs #3 seeding (or #1 vs #2) might come down to this game when it is all said and done, I feel.

Good win for you guys!!! Now Brady lost 2 in a row in 2006 and next in 2020, and he will have Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and Julio Jones all available. I feel for the Chiefs. In any pick'em I am betting against the Chiefs against a hungry Brady and that Bucs' D.

Yes I expected to lose in Tampa. Huge win!

1 minute ago, Arodgers12 said:

You guys expect the Colts to win the AFC South?

Perhaps! Our younger guys need to get a lot better though for it to happen. This weekend's game against Tennessee will be a true test on what type of season we'll be having. Good to hear from you, and hopefully the Packers have a good season!

21 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

You guys expect the Colts to win the AFC South?

Can't say I expect anything yet.  The season is young and this team has some issues to figure out.  Seems to me right now the biggest issue is the Oline performance.  I think the young receivers will improve with time, but Matt has to have some time to throw.  

I sure did enjoy watching the Packers beat Brady and the Bucs though!

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

Typical Colts under Frank. 

- Shaky play calling

- Cant win week 1

- Cant win in Jacksonville

- Play down to the bad teams

- Play up to the good teams

Every time we play you guys we lose lol.

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Perhaps! Our younger guys need to get a lot better though for it to happen. This weekend's game against Tennessee will be a true test on what type of season we'll be having. Good to hear from you, and hopefully the Packers have a good season!

I picked you guys to beat Tennessee this week. It’s in Indy so I think you guys will win.

10 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

On the huge win last Sunday! What’s your impressions of the Colts so far this season? My boys look shaky but we’re still 2-1. I’m concerned though. 

Hey Packer guy!      Hey I have some Packer tickets I can buy.    Thinking of buying for my nephew and his dad (ex Bro in Law. GREAT dude and amazing guitar player). 

Anyway.   What game would you recommend thinking about competition and weather?

Thanks in advance 

2 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

You guys think you have a playoff team?

We absolutely have a playoff team….at times. We just beat the Chiefs. Our team can be inconsistent and make weird errors or coaches call dumb plays at crucial moments. I’m hoping a lot of this is cleaned up as the year goes on.  We have a 3 game stretch coming up that will decide a lot on if we win the division or not.  I hope we can string some wins together and not trying to play catch up the rest of the season.  

I feel like I’m watching the same team year in and year out. Beating KC felt good, but under Frank they do this every year. I suppose it’s “progress” we got a tie in the opener, and only lost 1 game and didn’t go on an 0-4 losing streak to start the season. 

regardless. I have little faith in frank to lead this team to the promised land. 

On 9/27/2022 at 9:08 PM, ChuggaBeer said:

Hey Packer guy!      Hey I have some Packer tickets I can buy.    Thinking of buying for my nephew and his dad (ex Bro in Law. GREAT dude and amazing guitar player). 

Anyway.   What game would you recommend thinking about competition and weather?

Thanks in advance 

How bout the Cowboys game November 13th or the Jets game October 16th?

On 9/27/2022 at 8:29 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Your packers will be ok until they face brady(a.k.a. the cheater) in a post season game.

Your probably right. We choke in the playoffs it seems.

On 9/27/2022 at 7:18 PM, Arodgers12 said:

You guys think you have a playoff team?

ABSOLUTELY! The Colts have not played up to their potential yet and with Ryan, JT, Pittman & others on offense, the defense and special teams, they have the players to go deep into the playoffs. The biggest concern (for most) is the play of the Oline.

As far as the NFC, I’m rooting for you guys (I can’t stand the Eagles and there’s not many Colts fans that would root for Brady). But there’s probably a lot of Colts fans that don’t mind the Eagles (if they met some Eagles fans, they’d probably change their minds)!

4 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

As far as the NFC, I’m rooting for you guys (I can’t stand the Eagles and there’s not many Colts fans that would root for Brady). But there’s probably a lot of Colts fans that don’t mind the Eagles (if they met some Eagles fans, they’d probably change their minds)!

Packers have been my NFC team since the first NFL game I was really into 2004 Colts vs Packers shootout. Absolutely won't cheer for the BUCS. And don't mind the Eagles. 

On 10/1/2022 at 3:12 PM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Packers have been my NFC team since the first NFL game I was really into 2004 Colts vs Packers shootout. Absolutely won't cheer for the BUCS. And don't mind the Eagles. 

I’ll never forget that game. I remember it was a gorgeous Fall afternoon watching that game between Manning and Farve. I think it was 38-31 with 5 minutes to go wasn’t it? We lost 45-31 in the end but both quarterbacks were on fire.

Archived