Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shaq Leonard general status

Chucklez

There have been a number of people throwing the idea around that Leonard is done and drawing correlations to the Luck injury. While the Colts have not exactly been the most transparent with the handling of these sorts of injuries and player status' in the past, Leonard did not look like the type of person who is mentally checked out while he was on the sideline yesterday. 

I really think that adding him to this defense will provide a big spark, it's just a matter of when will that be? He has been a full participant in practice for a few weeks now, is his anticipated return going to be vs the Titans? We obviously won't know the answer to that until he actually takes the field and isn't ruled out, 

The good news is that, even if he misses the Titans game too, our defence currently has the lowest YPC allowed in the NFL a 2.6, which is quite frankly phenominal. We are almost built to take care of the Titans this year since they have lost AJ Brown and Henry is their most dangerous option. Also, while our offense has looked bad, the Titans' offense has been just as bad, if not worse. Their YPC on offense is at 3.5 and they have 100 less passing yards total as well through 3 weeks... and that is with us completely cratering vs Jax too.

All in all though, my main point is that Leonard doesnt look like someone who is about to retire or quit playing the game, and even if he isnt back yet, we should be good on paper (geez how dangerous has that phrase been so far this season though) without him for another week.

25 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

There have been a number of people throwing the idea around that Leonard is done and drawing correlations to the Luck injury. While the Colts have not exactly been the most transparent with the handling of these sorts of injuries and player status' in the past, Leonard did not look like the type of person who is mentally checked out while he was on the sideline yesterday. 

I really think that adding him to this defense will provide a big spark, it's just a matter of when will that be? He has been a full participant in practice for a few weeks now, is his anticipated return going to be vs the Titans? We obviously won't know the answer to that until he actually takes the field and isn't ruled out, 

The good news is that, even if he misses the Titans game too, our defence currently has the lowest YPC allowed in the NFL a 2.6, which is quite frankly phenominal. We are almost built to take care of the Titans this year since they have lost AJ Brown and Henry is their most dangerous option. Also, while our offense has looked bad, the Titans' offense has been just as bad, if not worse. Their YPC on offense is at 3.5 and they have 100 less passing yards total as well through 3 weeks... and that is with us completely cratering vs Jax too.

All in all though, my main point is that Leonard doesnt look like someone who is about to retire or quit playing the game, and even if he isnt back yet, we should be good on paper (geez how dangerous has that phrase been so far this season though) without him for another week.

Time will tell. Honestly, on the D side of the ball, I’ve not had many concerns. We’re not playing great but not bad either.  If our O can get themselves figured out, we may have a chance. Darius or no Darius 

The problem without Leonard is, we aren't creating turnovers. We had 1 at the end of the game yesterday but that was a desperation throw by Mahomes with 7 seconds left. Imagine how good we would be if we were getting 2 or 3 Turnovers a game. Wentz had the golden ticket last year. We created over 30 turnovers with Leonard and Taylor had over 1800 yards and Wentz still crapped the bed. 

I’m just not buying the storyline he is checked out. I think he was hurt and it was serious and taking him time to recover.  For some reason I was thinking it was a nerve issue that went down to his ankle.  If it is, nerve injuries are weird.  It takes awhile for it to regenerate and when it does it feels like it happens overnight.  In my early 20s I damaged a nerve in my shoulder and couldn’t lift or feel my arm for months. In the matter of a week I went from no usage or feeling from my neck to elbow to being able to swing a tennis racket and serve 100mph again. It was really hard mentally bc I kept thinking I may have lost use of my arm to all of a sudden I was back to normal. I think something similar happened with Peyton Manning as well. 

2 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I’m just not buying the storyline he is checked out. I think he was hurt and it was serious and taking him time to recover.  For some reason I was thinking it was a nerve issue that went down to his ankle.  If it is, nerve injuries are weird.  It takes awhile for it to regenerate and when it does it feels like it happens overnight.  In my early 20s I damaged a nerve in my shoulder and couldn’t lift or feel my arm for months. In the matter of a week I went from no usage or feeling from my neck to elbow to being able to swing a tennis racket and serve 100mph again. It was really hard mentally bc I kept thinking I may have lost use of my arm to all of a sudden I was back to normal. I think something similar happened with Peyton Manning as well. 

I have no knowledge of this or am I doctor but I am sure he will be back within the next 2 or 3 games. He wants to play. I seen him jumping around on the sideline yesterday so he still loves the game.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:59 AM, Chucklez said:

He isn't done for sure.

He had back surgery and they are not going to send him out until 100%

3 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Well if we're going to pay him a 100 million dollars to be a cheerleader he should at least dress the part.

Hopefully next game he'll have his pom poms ready to go !

He definitely wants to come back now imo but after his surgery they won't let him back until 100%

5 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Well if we're going to pay him a 100 million dollars to be a cheerleader he should at least dress the part.

Hopefully next game he'll have his pom poms ready to go !

It's is frustrating too me as well what Ballard is paying for this team and it is bad..

Can't blame just Leonard, they willing to pay it take it. JMO

Leonard had surgery what's the OL excuse???

On 9/26/2022 at 12:40 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The problem without Leonard is, we aren't creating turnovers. We had 1 at the end of the game yesterday but that was a desperation throw by Mahomes with 7 seconds left. Imagine how good we would be if we were getting 2 or 3 Turnovers a game. Wentz had the golden ticket last year. We created over 30 turnovers with Leonard and Taylor had over 1800 yards and Wentz still crapped the bed. 

As Quagmire said what is a Cobra without venom? A belt. That's our defense without Leonard. lmao

I am sure I am reading too much into this, but it's what I do. Reich said he doesn't look he's ready to playing winning football.

While that reads like coach speak, it also reads like the surgery/rehab is limiting or holding him back in some way...to the point that he won't be able to perform well on the field. Perhaps a step slower or more gun-shy than before....I don't know. But hopefully it's just an issue of time and rehab...and not some lasting issue.

But if a player is practicing and not on the injury report, but isn't playing, what is usually the reason? 

5 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

They Decided not to put him on the PUP list for a reason right? So he should play before week 6..

You can't practice while on the PUP.   Which would take longer to get into game shape I guess, but it seems more than physical with the talk. 

24 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

I am sure I am reading too much into this, but it's what I do. Reich said he doesn't look he's ready to playing winning football.

While that reads like coach speak, it also reads like the surgery/rehab is limiting or holding him back in some way...to the point that he won't be able to perform well on the field. Perhaps a step slower or more gun-shy than before....I don't know. But hopefully it's just an issue of time and rehab...and not some lasting issue.

But if a player is practicing and not on the injury report, but isn't playing, what is usually the reason? 

The problem is between his ears...not his back. I doubt we see him on the field again.

Shaq will return to the field when he is cleared to do so.  I don't want him out there until he is 100% and "ready to rumble"!!

The Colts would be *s to "announce" when he will return - because that will give our opponent that week time to prepare for his presence.

Honestly - as amped up as he is on the sideline - I expect an "explosion" of nuclear proportion waiting for the remaining teams on our schedule this year!!

BOOM BABY!!

On 9/26/2022 at 11:25 AM, csmopar said:

Time will tell. Honestly, on the D side of the ball, I’ve not had many concerns. We’re not playing great but not bad either.  If our O can get themselves figured out, we may have a chance. Darius or no Darius 

I think the Turnovers are missing without him. EJ has done a good job though.

Archived