Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Danny Pinter

lollygagger8

12 minutes ago, Archer said:

So many options to fix this.  
1) Raimann to LT (once he’s back), Pryor to RG

2) Fries to RG, Pinter to bench.

3) Fries or Dennis Kelly to RT, Smith to RG, Pinter to bench.

4) Pinter to C, Ryan Kelly to RG.

There are other permutations, but Strausser’s got to be brave enough to try one…

Any of those.  But more importantly - COACHING!  It's hard to believe they couldn't even call out the pass protection.  That's on Matt and Kelly.

They had issues with stunts last week and could not handle a blitz this week.  Coaching has to be held accountable, as well as the players.

2 hours ago, Archer said:

So many options to fix this.  
1) Raimann to LT (once he’s back), Pryor to RG

2) Fries to RG, Pinter to bench.

3) Fries or Dennis Kelly to RT, Smith to RG, Pinter to bench.

4) Pinter to C, Ryan Kelly to RG.

There are other permutations, but Strausser’s got to be brave enough to try one…

Any combination with Pinter going to the bench is and improvement lol 

Pinter has been trucked in all 3 games so far. He doesn't have the core strength to neutralize big DT's.

Kelly, helping Pinter, left a door open in the A gap that didn't go unnoticed by the Chiefs. Expect much more now.

This is both a personnel & a coaching issue - no matter how much deflection or shine they intend to rub on it.

You can blame Ballard for letting Glowinski go. He is one of the reasons the Giants are doing well so far. Glowinski was credited by the NY press. Ballard's mantra and highest priority was establishing the OL and DL. Today he stands without a OL and as Reich says, you are as strong as the weakest link. Irsay needs to call Ballard onto the carpet before the season gets away from us. We will lose Matt Ryan to injury. This line is worst than then what he had with the Falcons. 

8 hours ago, w87r said:

Back to Pinter though, he is definitely over matched in there and Smith and Kelly are having to help to much, throwing the whole line out of whack.

@EastStreet

You ever to find those PFF numbers for Pryor at RT and RG separate?

I just don't think Pryor is the answer a RG, definitely an upgrade from Pinter at the moment right now though.

Pinter will continue to get bull rushed from the top DTs in the league.

Having a hard time digesting the thought of Jeffrey Simmons wreaking havoc this week.

Will figure it out later tonight (Pryor). 

IMO though, not really a great factor regardless. All good grades (all spots, IIRC 70ish). 

We all knew Pinter needed S&C (and time) for G duty. Still needs more lol.. Technique is fine, strength is weak. 

Pryor played well last game, so not a fan moving him now. Prefer Dennis Kelly at G, or Dennis at RT, and bumping Smith in. Smith has been bad at RT so far. Can't blame Pinter for everything. Smith simply got (1 on 1) beat several times. 

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Will figure it out later tonight (Pryor). 

IMO though, not really a great factor regardless. All good grades (all spots, IIRC 70ish). 

We all knew Pinter needed S&C (and time) for G duty. Still needs more lol.. Technique is fine, strength is weak. 

Pryor played well last game, so not a fan moving him now. Prefer Dennis Kelly at G, or Dennis at RT, and bumping Smith in. Smith has been bad at RT so far. Can't blame Pinter for everything. Smith simply got (1 on 1) beat several times. 

I guess I'm in the camp that they HAVE to try something different. I'd rather see Pinter replaced by either Fries or Kelly, keeping the rest of the line intact. Lets see if things get better overall with stronger play at RG. But even if it means moving Pryor to G or RT, with whatever corresponding moves that requires, it has to be better than keeping Pinter as a starter. He's the weak link and has to sit. 

3 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I guess I'm in the camp that they HAVE to try something different. I'd rather see Pinter replaced by either Fries or Kelly, keeping the rest of the line intact. Lets see if things get better overall with stronger play at RG. But even if it means moving Pryor to G or RT, with whatever corresponding moves that requires, it has to be better than keeping Pinter as a starter. He's the weak link and has to sit. 

LT - if working, don't mess it with. Played good G1 vs a stud DE. in G3 2nd highest grade vs Clark. 

LG - obviously

-------------don't mess with left side---------------

C - Ryan Kelly is looking better than last year. But, to be fair, Pinter outplayed him at C last year. So I could go either way.

--------------------- need to figure out right side ----------------------

Fries is not good.... sorry, he's not.

Either bench Pinter or move to C. Prefer to bench unless Ryan Kelly starts plays worse

Try Dennis Kelly at RG or RT. If RT, bump Smith to RG.

Best scenario is Dennis can play RG, and OL plays good and together. 

And fire Strausser. 

11 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Pinter needs to sit no doubt.  Bradley made a switch at safety yesterday with McLeod over Cross.  Made a huge difference.  Offense needs to do same with Pinter.  I suggested bringing in Fisher for a workout.  If he looks good let him rotate with Raiman and move Pryor to guard.  Fisher already is familiar with the offense.  We need a replacement for Pinter that’s for sure.  

Alex, give me “Things that will never happen for $1000.”

8 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Breaking news just now that the Chargers have lost their all pro LT for the season.   Eric Fisher is still a FA.  Tackle injuries are starting to happen.  If the Colts are thinking about bringing him back they might want to bring him In asap.  He could find a team sooner than later.

Hey, that's a good point, perhaps he is fully healed now.

Pinter is another one of these guys that I’m not sure how they “earned” a starting role. We’ve seen this in the Ballard era a few times where we’ve had a guy who was a great starter but departs in FA and is replaced by a drafted player who isn’t as good. Okereke replacing Walker is another example.

I find it really hard to believe that Pinter was the best RG in camp. To me it shows some favoritism and a lack of true competition. He’s not good at all. TBH I’d put Smith at RG and Rainman at RT. Dennis Kelly at LT once he’s healthy. This off-season if not this season, they need to bring in serious competition at RG, LT, and Center IMO. It’s inexcusable for our GM to say that Pryor and Pinter were the best they could get at LT and RG.

Archived