Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Danny Pinter

lollygagger8

Pff grade 51.1 

Pinter is an absolute liability. He got manhandled throughout the game (and other 2 games), and doesn't have the strength to play RG. 

Did Strausser vouch for Pinter and say yeah Ballard, he is as good as Glow so let Glow go? Or did Ballard just not want to pay Glow? (more probable). 

Crazy stat of the day: Glowinski pff grade is 48.8 (not defending the grade because Giants O-Line isn't awesome, but he was a 70.1 while on the Colts) 

Whoever made the decision to go with Pinter at RG owes Matt Ryan an apology and step in and make a correction. 

I realize that Braden Smith is getting trucked quite often (not sure what's going on with him) but I do feel Kelly (66.7 pff grade) and Smith's (60.7 pff grade) regression is due to trying to cover for Pinter not doing his job. 

Regardless of reason, get Fries in there or even try Raimann. Shake it up already. I'm still shocked we let Chris Reed go. 

These missed assignments and not picking up the blitzes are going to get Ryan killed. Give the guy a chance to throw the ball! 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Pff grade 51.1 

Pinter is an absolute liability. He got manhandled throughout the game (and other 2 games), and doesn't have the strength to play RG. 

Did Strausser vouch for Pinter and say yeah Ballard, he is as good as Glow so let Glow go? Or did Ballard just not want to pay Glow? (more probable). 

Crazy stat of the day: Glowinski pff grade is 48.8 (not defending the grade because Giants O-Line isn't awesome, but he was a 70.1 while on the Colts) 

Whoever made the decision to go with Pinter at RG owes Matt Ryan an apology and step in and make a correction. 

I realize that Braden Smith is getting trucked quite often (not sure what's going on with him) but I do feel Kelly (66.7 pff grade) and Smith's (60.7 pff grade) regression is due to trying to cover for Pinter not doing his job. 

Regardless of reason, get Fries in there or even try Raimann. Shake it up already. I'm still shocked we let Chris Reed go. 

These missed assignments and not picking up the blitzes are going to get Ryan killed. Give the guy a chance to throw the ball! 

That was strange.  He was relatively cheap and was really good depth.  Not sure if he's getting playing time with the Vikings.

If Raimann can take the starting LT spot, then they can move Pryor inside.  Although Pryor is definitely not the week link on that line.

• Like 1

Pryor is posting a 58.6 grade at LT which is somehow worse than Fisher last year @ 68.2 

I didn't think he was playing that poorly, but he must be flying under the radar since Pinter is playing so bad. 

If Raimann isn't ready, Fisher is still out there as an option for LT and move Pryor to RG like you said. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Pff grade 51.1 

Is Chris Reed starting for the Vikings? How is his rating?

On the game winning TD pass, Chris Jones absolutely bullied Pinter. It resulted in Ryan being clobbered. Luckily we know the end result but we got Lucky there. 

One quick note is we tend to grade out offensive lineman individually but in reality it’s a unit. 5 guys acting as 1. One chink in the armor can cause the whole to fail.

• Like 1

Pinter needs to sit no doubt.  Bradley made a switch at safety yesterday with McLeod over Cross.  Made a huge difference.  Offense needs to do same with Pinter.  I suggested bringing in Fisher for a workout.  If he looks good let him rotate with Raiman and move Pryor to guard.  Fisher already is familiar with the offense.  We need a replacement for Pinter that’s for sure.  

58 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I'm still shocked we let Chris Reed go.

46 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

That was strange.  He was relatively cheap and was really good depth.  Not sure if he's getting playing time with the Vikings

He actually took less money and went back home. (I had seen it somewhere, at some time? No link)

He is from Minnesota though, that is easy to confirm.

Back to Pinter though, he is definitely over matched in there and Smith and Kelly are having to help to much, throwing the whole line out of whack.

@EastStreet

You ever to find those PFF numbers for Pryor at RT and RG separate?

I just don't think Pryor is the answer a RG, definitely an upgrade from Pinter at the moment right now though.

Pinter will continue to get bull rushed from the top DTs in the league.

Having a hard time digesting the thought of Jeffrey Simmons wreaking havoc this week.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Pinter needs to sit no doubt.  Bradley made a switch at safety yesterday with McLeod over Cross.  Made a huge difference.  Offense needs to do same with Pinter.  I suggested bringing in Fisher for a workout.  If he looks good let him rotate with Raiman and move Pryor to guard.  Fisher already is familiar with the offense.  We need a replacement for Pinter that’s for sure.  

I do like the idea of bringing Fisher in for LT. I do think Fisher's run blocking was outstanding and enough sacks were because Wentz held the ball for long as well. So, a combination of quick hitters for Ryan, putting Fisher at LT and moving Pryor to replace Pinter at RG would be a logical fix, IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, w87r said:

Having a hard time digesting the thought of Jeffrey Simmons wreaking havoc this week.

Yeah, I did forget about him. We will see how it plays out. You can't wait till it is too late to make the change, down a home game to a division rival that counts as 2, IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It's a shame Pinter isn't panning out. I'm biased as a Ball State alum hoping he'd do enough to make the team and be a quality starter I guess. He did decent last year, but perhaps his ceiling is being a rotational guy. 

...as a center maybe??

• Like 1

Start Raimann at LT, move Pryor to RG, put Pinter as a backup C. That would be my attempt to fix the line. Worst case scenario if Dennis Kelley is recovered from his injury(is he?) put him at LT until Raimann is deemed ready... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stitches said:

Start Raimann at LT, move Pryor to RG, put Pinter as a backup C. That would be my attempt to fix the line. Worst case scenario if Dennis Kelley is recovered from his injury(is he?) put him at LT until Raimann is deemed ready... 

Im sticking with my thoughts.

I just don't like Pryor at RG(100% an upgrade over Pinter though). Hoping eaststreet can pull the PFF numbers for RG only.

Just seems awkward and out of place there, and performed much worse than elsewhere on the line. If my memory serves me correctly. Definitely aging, but that seems to sit rather freshly in my memory for some reason.

Plus Pryor is coming off of like a 78 PFF rating this week at LT.

If he can lock that up, Raimann could be intriguing at RG maybe?

If not we need to get Fries in there and try him out. 

Dennis Kelly?

Idk? But they got some work to do.

Teams watch game film and do what they see work. So I expect to see over blitzing until we can do something about.

• Like 1

Will Fries has a couple of inches on Pinter to handle those stunts and probably has good experience playing guard too. If the Colts don't want to change anything else or bring anyone else in, put Fries in for Pinter, can't hurt as long as they feel Fries is up to par with the playbook since he is a year later than Pinter on the playbook being drafted in 2021.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

If not we need to get Fries in there and try him out. 

Dennis Kelly?

We both had the same thoughts with Fries.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Will Fries has a couple of inches on Pinter to handle those stunts and probably has good experience playing guard too. If the Colts don't want to change anything else or bring anyone else in, put Fries in for Pinter, can't hurt as long as they feel Fries is up to par with the playbook since he is a year later than Pinter on the playbook being drafted in 2021.

We both had the same thoughts with Fries.

Fries is listed at 309 pounds.  Two more than Pinter.  Too light in my opinion.  You need big fellas at guard.  Pryor is 330.  If they don't want to move Pryor we have a problem for sure.  Time to start looking for a veteran Guard.  Another teams practice squad or trade. 

13 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Fries is listed at 309 pounds.  Two more than Pinter.  Too light in my opinion.  You need big fellas at guard.  Pryor is 330.  If they don't want to move Pryor we have a problem for sure.  Time to start looking for a veteran Guard.  Another teams practice squad or trade. 

If that is the case, I see the only solution is to try Dennis Kelly who is listed at 321 out there, his experience and bulk should help there. Raimann can serve as swing tackle for us in case of an injury while Dennis Kelly gets played at RG. Being a bit long in the tooth might make him a better candidate for guard than tackle at this stage in his career.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Pff grade 51.1 

So now we’re blaming Pinter because Kelly and Smith are struggling?   Wowza.   Let’s not forget, Pinter graded well last year.   I don’t pretend to know why the OL is a complete mess this year, but it is.   I just find it hard to believe that it’s all Pinter’s fault.  

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So now we’re blaming Pinter because Kelly and Smith are struggling?   Wowza.   Let’s not forget, Pinter graded well last year.   I don’t pretend to know why the OL is a complete mess this year, but it is.   I just find it hard to believe that it’s all Pinter’s fault.  

One thing is for certain, an OL can only be as good as its weakest link in the middle unless the weakest link can be helped like a tackle with a chip. Let us hope they figure things around before the next divisional game coming up.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You may be right about other issues, but there is no denying that Pinter was abused time and again yesterday. That lift and slam by Frank Clark as he ran over Pinter was as ugly as anything I’ve seen from an O lineman. 
He’s a major liability at RG and they need to find a solution immediately or our aging QB is literally going to get killed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Two_pound said:

I don't think it's Pinters fault the Chiefs got so many free runs at Matt yesterday, being up the middle or from the outside. The line needs to pick up blitzes better, which they haven't done at all these first 3 games.

Your right about the blitz pickup. But wrong about Pinter he got beat consistently in the game.   

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Lol

Let's not forget Pinter graded well at Center spot-start duty in 2021, not guard, with a 74.7 overall grade 

33 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Your right it's not all Pinter's fault but his liabilities are definitely part of the problem.  

17 minutes ago, Hoose said:

You may be right about other issues, but there is no denying that Pinter was abused time and again yesterday. That lift and slam by Frank Clark as he ran over Pinter was as ugly as anything I’ve seen from an O lineman. 
He’s a major liability at RG and they need to find a solution immediately or our aging QB is literally going to get killed. 

Im fine if we switch to Fries.   I think he’s the only real viable candidate.    Otherwise, I think Pinter is going to have to step up and perform as he did last year.   I don’t think we have a lit of options.  

2 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Lol

Let's not forget Pinter graded well at Center spot-start duty in 2021, not guard, with a 74.7 overall grade 

You’re telling me Pinter played no snaps at guard last year?    I’m going from memory,  but that’s not what I recall. 

Breaking news just now that the Chargers have lost their all pro LT for the season.   Eric Fisher is still a FA.  Tackle injuries are starting to happen.  If the Colts are thinking about bringing him back they might want to bring him In asap.  He could find a team sooner than later.

15 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Lol

Turns out, you’re right.   All of Pinter’s snaps last year were at Center.  None at guard.   My bad.   Good catch. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Im fine if we switch to Fries.   I think he’s the only real viable candidate.    Otherwise, I think Pinter is going to have to step up and perform as he did last year.   I don’t think we have a lit of options.  

IMO Fries is too light.  He’s only 309 just two pounds heavier than Pinter.  We need big boys at guard.  Pryor is 330 or so.  I don’t see much upside with Fries.

4 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Pryor is posting a 58.6 grade at LT which is somehow worse than Fisher last year @ 68.2 

I didn't think he was playing that poorly, but he must be flying under the radar since Pinter is playing so bad. 

If Raimann isn't ready, Fisher is still out there as an option for LT and move Pryor to RG like you said. 

I wouldn’t be opposed to giving Fisher a shot - assuming the Chargers haven’t nabbed him already.

I just can’t help but wonder if his poor play last year had something to do with the Achilles not being 100%.  Maybe it’s better now?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

IMO Fries is too light.  He’s only 309 just two pounds heavier than Pinter.  We need big boys at guard.  Pryor is 330 or so.  I don’t see much upside with Fries.

You’re telling me what you want.   I’m telling you what we have.   We don’t have what you want.  Not available unless we make a trade or a PS claim from another team. 

As for weight,  Glow was 310 and he was mostly solid.   Some players can perform at a lighter weight with good technique and an understanding of leverage.  It’s not only about raw strength. 

22 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

I wouldn’t be opposed to giving Fisher a shot - assuming the Chargers haven’t nabbed him already.

I just can’t help but wonder if his poor play last year had something to do with the Achilles not being 100%.  Maybe it’s better now?

Fisher’s poor play last year was all about his Achilles.   Entirely.   He was a solid LT for about 6-7 years before that.   

Whether Fisher would want to come back to the Colts is a different question.   I don’t think it was an amicable breakup when he left.  

• Like 2

So many options to fix this.  
1) Raimann to LT (once he’s back), Pryor to RG

2) Fries to RG, Pinter to bench.

3) Fries or Dennis Kelly to RT, Smith to RG, Pinter to bench.

4) Pinter to C, Ryan Kelly to RG.

There are other permutations, but Strausser’s got to be brave enough to try one…

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Fisher’s poor play last year was all about his Achilles.   Entirely.   He was a solid LT for about 6-7 years before that.   

Whether Fisher would want to come back to the Colts is a different question.   I don’t think it was an amicable breakup when he left.  

Right now, he's unemployed.  I have to imagine he'd put any lingering resentment behind him if we called.

That said, I certainly can't say for sure he's the best option available on the FA market.  I don't really know.  What I do know is that what we're doing right now isn't working.  And I hope that yesterday's victory doesn't lull the FO into thinking that it is.