Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nyheim Hines

CanuckColt

Why do we need this guy on the field?

He is a small, short, lightweight running back...nobody needs one of these on their team.

We could use an extra TE to block for JT, or an extra WR, or use Granson as a FB to catch passes and block for JT,

or have an extra larger RB to spell JT.

I don't see where he adds anything to the other 10 guys on the field.

39 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

He's our 2nd best WR**. Change his number to teens or eighties, use him as a WR and stop pretending he's a RB.

**Pierce gave me hope today that he will soon be our 2nd best WR. He made a couple plays, almost a 3rd that our receivers don't make.

He's our 2nd best receiving RB, I will give him that.

He is over paid and the team tries to get him involved more because of it. 

Really tired of seeing him in the 2 minute offense over Taylor.

13 minutes ago, w87r said:

He's clearly the best receiving RB. He should be used like a shifty slot WR, not as the gadget RB. 

22 minutes ago, w87r said:

As much as I agree, Taylor was being worked on for part of that two minute offense. Had his ankle being checked out

1 hour ago, CanuckColt said:

He is a small, short, lightweight running back...nobody needs one of these on their team.

We could use an extra TE to block for JT, or an extra WR, or use Granson as a FB to catch passes and block for JT,

We might be better using Campbell in all Hines roles , he used to do it at OSU , jet sweeps and stuff cause Hines is a waste of a play ….. at least he made a guy miss a tackle today 

1 hour ago, jbaron04 said:

We might be better using Campbell in all Hines roles , he used to do it at OSU , jet sweeps and stuff cause Hines is a waste of a play ….. at least he made a guy miss a tackle today 

Yeah I think your right here. Hines is fine there on occasion and still needs to be on the field but I think Campbell can give us more there. Campbell had been used as a decoy a lot this season.

2 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Are you trolling?

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

He has the speed and elusiveness to be very close

Hines not shifty like Darren and his 40 speed doesn’t show on the field , like Rodgers speed u can see that’s a guy that run 4.3 Hines u barley ever see him turn the corner on run and LBs all ways on him tight on passes 

5 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Come on…. Someone is trying to punk me, right?

10 hours ago, w87r said:

Taylor is really bad in passpro.  Really bad.  

7 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

Hines not shifty like Darren and his 40 speed doesn’t show on the field , like Rodgers speed u can see that’s a guy that run 4.3 Hines u barley ever see him turn the corner on run and LBs all ways on him tight on passes 

Hines hasn’t shown that upfield burst much for a while.  Used to see it, but not much now.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hines is close enough when used properly.   He was used properly in 18 and 20.   And even his off years in 19 and 21 weren’t bad.  

This is classic fan over-reaction. 

You are right that it is an over reaction. Hines is a good but not great player.  Half of it is usage and the rest is I don’t think he has improved much either. I think his standout seasons were a product of great QB play more than his talent.  Hines deserves to get snaps and he should get his 5-8 touches a game.  If he is having success feed him more.  He isn’t a game changer so people need to lower their expectations or it brings on threads like this one here. Hines is a really good #4 or 5 option on offense but some believe he should be producing like a  #2 

11 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

i agree, that could add a whole nother element to our offense. someone who knock out a lb  on a solid lead block. and blocking te. thatd be unstoppable cause our wrs can block too

4 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Yea it’s like his legs are moving quick but he is not going no where , you can see what I’m talking about if u watch him punt return 

Not many can move north south with vision like Devin Hester. :)  Hines does better with space in front of him but he doesn't have the lateral juke in a crowd as much while maintaining speed. That works better when you have slower LBs and safeties at the second level in space and outside the tackle runs or slot pass catching routes. However, KR or PR coverage normally has speedy wideouts and CBs in KR coverage to even the playing field. 

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Not many can move north south with vision like Devin Hester. :)  Hines does better with space in front of him but he doesn't have the lateral juke in a crowd as much while maintaining speed. That works better when you have slower LBs and safeties at the second level in space and outside the tackle runs or slot pass catching routes. However, KR or PR coverage normally has speedy wideouts and CBs in KR coverage to even the playing field. 

He doesn’t make guys miss often in space , he normally get tackled and slammed or runs towards the sidelines trying to get to first

He has the second most touches on the team (behind Taylor) and second most receptions (behind Pittman) with 6 more catches than the third guy (Dulin). 

The Colts use him a ton and he is a matchup nightmare for linebackers in the slot. 

He is not a Pro Bowl caliber player, but he is very valuable to the Colts

16 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

He's our 2nd best WR**. Change his number to teens or eighties, use him as a WR and stop pretending he's a RB.

**Pierce gave me hope today that he will soon be our 2nd best WR. He made a couple plays, almost a 3rd that our receivers don't make.

If you can rewatch the winning TD, you can see how Pierce was able to separate and had a clear path  for the TD.  Impressive.  But Woods also separated and was closer to the goal line.  Given time these guys are really going to help us

Archived