Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South Standings as of week 3 ((MERGE))

runthepost

3 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Jacksonville has assembled good talent and they have one heck of a coach.  Pederson is the closest thing to Andy Reid and should have success with the super talented Trevor Lawrence. Lawerence struggled bc he was a rookie and Urban Meyer is a joke and new from day one he wouldn’t make it in the pros. When the Jags signed Doug P, my heart sank a bit bc I knew he was the perfect fit for that team. I’m not saying they will be playing for SBs, just that they will be competing for this division for the foreseeable future. 

The AFC South is about to be a dog fight these next few years. Going to be a tough division to beat. 

You vastly overrate Doug Pederson.  He will be great building them up, because that's what he does.  Him winning a SB though, was more about his support staff than it is with other coaches..... 

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

No. If the jags blow out the eagles then they might be unstoppable.

Eagles' D is better than advertised. It would be hard enough beating them, let alone blowing them out.

No style points in the NFL, that is only for college. So, if the Jaguars beat the Eagles, I will definitely take them seriously. The rushing QB in Hurts does give the Eagles an advantage, match up wise.

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Eagles' D is better than advertised. It would be hard enough beating them, let alone blowing them out.

No style points in the NFL, that is only for college. So, if the Jaguars beat the Eagles, I will definitely take them seriously. The rushing QB in Hurts does give the Eagles an advantage, match up wise.

True plus the eagles are healthier than the chargers and colts when they faced them. Honestly the eagles might be the toughest team left on our schedule

19 minutes ago, Stephen said:

True plus the eagles are healthier than the chargers and colts when they faced them. Honestly the eagles might be the toughest team left on our schedule

The old adage goes "it is not who you play, it is when you play them". As the season goes on, the Colts will not be the only team that would have healthier players and figure out the right personnel. The Cowboys could have Dak back and buzzing when we play them, so could the Chargers be healthier. The Raiders, we all want to win so bad for the Josh McDaniels factor, but they might be playing desperate later too. The Giants, we will find out tonight, if their D restricts the Cowboys to no more than 20 points. On paper, they should, given their performances vs both the Titans and the Panthers. 

It is truly 1 game at a time in the NFL and any given Sunday.

This is fun stuff! The Jags being good makes it fun. I thought we would overtake the Titans this year and I think we beat them next week but the Jags throw a whole new wrinkle in. The Tie against the Texans was ok, it was at their place and they played well. A tie is much better than a loss. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

1 hour ago, Jackie Daytona said:

You vastly overrate Doug Pederson.  He will be great building them up, because that's what he does.  Him winning a SB though, was more about his support staff than it is with other coaches..... 

It also meant he surrounded himself with the right support staff and not just a bunch of yes men, it goes both ways. When Foles suggested the "Philly Special", it takes a lot of confidence and trust for a coach to let his QB suggest that play and call it on a critical 4th down play in a SB for a TD before the half.  He scrapped what was not working with Foles the last 2 games of the regular season and immediately went to what he would be good at, that was when the Eagles were working with HFA in the NFC with a few games to go when Wentz went down for the season vs the Rams. Everything screams he is a good coach to me. I strongly disagree.

But then, for the Jaguars, if they first wanted to be built up like Dungy built the Bucs, I am sure they will take it over being the laughing stock year after year. Once they get there, they will take it from there. Not everyone can win a SB.

• w87r changed the title to AFC South Standings as of week 3 ((MERGE))
19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jacks looks like they may be a problem but let me introduce them to my friend, snaps fingers Maniac Leonard GIF by Indianapolis Colts

I think your team spirit is awesome. lol

We can survive without Maniac a hand full of games. 

IMO, OL needs fixed is more crucial. 

I'll have to give the Jaguars credit, injuries or no injuries they embarrassed the Colts when they played in week two,  I think Lawrence is only going to get better with time and with an improved defense and new coaching philosophy they are going to give just about anyone on their schedule a hard time.  The Jaguars and the Dolphins have been the surprise teams so far in the NFL this year.

On 9/26/2022 at 10:21 AM, chad72 said:

The old adage goes "it is not who you play, it is when you play them". As the season goes on, the Colts will not be the only team that would have healthier players and figure out the right personnel. The Cowboys could have Dak back and buzzing when we play them, so could the Chargers be healthier. The Raiders, we all want to win so bad for the Josh McDaniels factor, but they might be playing desperate later too. The Giants, we will find out tonight, if their D restricts the Cowboys to no more than 20 points. On paper, they should, given their performances vs both the Titans and the Panthers. 

It is truly 1 game at a time in the NFL and any given Sunday.

Well we all know teams play their ball right when they about to play us

Archived