Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Game ball to Gus Bradley

chad72

Gus Bradley reached coached his butt off. Playing less of Blackmon and more of Rodgers to go with it made us look like a different team out there. 

That, along with special teams, kept the Colts in the game and all it took was 1 real good drive by Matt Ryan and the offense. Props to Gus Bradley for bucking the trend vs Mahomes. The game never felt out of hand, despite the offensive sub-par performance. Great win for the Colts!!! :thmup:

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Gus Bradley reached coached his butt off. Playing less of Blackmon and more of Rodgers to go with it made us look like a different team out there. 

That, along with special teams, kept the Colts in the game and all it took was 1 real good drive by Matt Ryan and the offense. Props to Gus Bradley for bucking the trend vs Mahomes. The game never felt out of hand, despite the offensive sub-par performance. Great win for the Colts!!! :thmup:

Did Blackmon ever come back after his injury?

3 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Blackmon playing less wasn't really a choice, he got injured. However, it seems they benched Nick Cross. Rodney Thomas and McCloud seemed to play the majority. Thomas looked really competent from what I saw.

Bradley definitely did something right. Defense was excellent.

Thomas is a la few years older and might be more ready and mature as far as the football game goes.

2 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Did Blackmon ever come back after his injury?

Thomas played Better than Blackmon & cross. He looks more natural as center fielder in cover 3 always was close to deep balls 

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

No he did not.  

That was a good think tbh he was killing us the last 2 games , thomas played way better being the deep safety 

45 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Blackmon playing less wasn't really a choice, he got injured. However, it seems they benched Nick Cross. Rodney Thomas and McCloud seemed to play the majority. Thomas looked really competent from what I saw.

Bradley definitely did something right. Defense was excellent.

We just need to see less Moore who got beat a lot and got away with a few PI calls and less Franklin , when shaq comes back if he is still shaq we gonna look good at LB with shaq , speed and Bobby. Rodgers need to be that 3rd corner tbh but Bradley might not have the stones to bench a pro bowler (popularity contest) for guys who can actually fit his scheme. Moore definitely not gonna get a new contract he doesn’t fit Gus scheme at all

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Hopefully Bradley figured some things out today. We should use the same game plan against Wilson and even Tannehill. Bradley got rid of the single high safety today knowing it would get him clobbered.

Yea and he played a lot more man coverage today , I have to go back and watch the game 2-3 times but from what I saw today everyone look more comfortable in the man calls and was relatively close to the ball except linebacker and Moore on a few plays. Thomas looked well playing that deep safety and Rodney threw out his career has been a decent cover safety 

3 hours ago, IinD said:

He does get kudos for today. Kept the best QB in the league in check.

Heard a sports reporter comment the Chargers was still in Chiefs game until they blitzed and Mahomes burned them.  The whole game we only rushed four.  Somebody has been paying attention

Just now, Farns01 said:

Heard a sports reporter comment the Chargers was still in Chiefs game until they blitzed and Mahomes burned them.  The whole game we only rushed four.  Somebody has been paying attention

Yeah you don’t blitz MaHomes just like you don’t blitz Rodgers or Manning.  They will eat you alive.  You have to get to them with your front four.

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

We are better with Blackmon not playing single high safety.  It’s pretty clear.

Just now, AwesomeAustin said:

Looks like Yanick got his first sack and only one for the team today. 

He did.  One thing that doesn’t show up in the box score (at least this one) is QB pressures and him and the rest of the front four had MaHomes running around all day.  He’s just a really hard QB to sack.

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

They were doubling him and Buckner actually took advantage and got a ton of pressure. I don’t care too much about sacks. It’s about pressure and affecting the QB.

They were also double and triple teaming Buckner at times.  What really encouraged me is you saw guys like Dayo and Paye (who pretty much lined up in the backfield all day but won’t show up in the box score) were also getting pressure.  Like you said it’s not all about sacks.  With that said I don’t think @AwesomeAustin was taking a shot at Yannick.  I think they were just observing Yannick got his first sack and it happened to be the lone one the Colts got.  

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

They were also double and triple teaming Buckner at times.  What really encouraged me is you saw guys like Dayo and Paye (who pretty much lined up in the backfield all day but won’t show up in the box score) were also getting pressure.  Like you said it’s not all about sacks.  With that said I don’t think @AwesomeAustin was taking a shot at Yannick.  I think they were just observing Yannick got his first sack and it happened to be the lone one the Colts got.  

Yup, just making an observation.  I think there was a thread last week saying Yannick trade was a bust. Was nice to see him get one in the box score.  I was personally impressed with Paye. He is turning into a really good player. 

13 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

the no duh statement of the week much better than 3 pressures on 30 passes.  I said last week if this team has heart you would see a better effort today.  I wasn’t confident that would be enough for a W but I am happy the effort was better and that it was enough!

Today was definitely a positive day for the team. Was 100% expecting an L so it was nice having that good feeling as a fan at the end of the day.

Just now, IinD said:

Today was definitely a positive day for the team. Was 100% expecting an L so it was nice having that good feeling as a fan at the end of the day.

This right here.  It wasn’t pretty and there is a lot to improve and that’s fine to talk about but an ugly W is so much better than an ugly L or an ugly tie!  Enjoy it!

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

We are better with Blackmon not playing single high safety.  It’s pretty clear.

Thats how Bradley got burnt while he was with the Raiders vs Chiefs.

I never understood it because you make the elite QBs move it methodically, especially if they’ve speed like Tyreek. Bengals showed it can be done vs Chiefs. This year, the JuJu-MVS experiment has backfired on the Chiefs so far.

Archived