Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 things... (what you want, on O, and D)

EastStreet

ME...... 

• I want on D
    1. Likely a lot more 5 DB sets, maybe even dime this week.... so.... Moore zero at outside CB, and ONLY at NB.... Especially Kelce needs attention from a NB, and Juju at slot. 
    2. Rodgers please, on Hardman (4.33)... 
    3. More Speed, less Franklin. Likely more 4-2-5 this week, Speed on Mike and Oke at WILL, or even opposite. Wouldn't mind 5-1-5 or 4-1-6
    4. DL stunting, and creative blitzes (or with Speed as 2nd LEO / 5th DL, and with Cross)
    5. More man with Gilmore and Rodgers. 
  • I want on O
    1. KC leads the NFL in pressures (40+% wow)..... Jones (DT) has 8, rotational Dulap (RDE) has 7, and rook LDE Karlaftis has 6.... Q and Kelly need strong games vs Jones. Good games from both Ts.... more worried about Smith TBH vs the rook... 
    2. More slot snaps from Dulin. More than 30ish%. 
    3. Attack Fenton (CB) with outside verts/speed, ideally with Campbell, and with Pittman on deep slants and 50/50s. 
    4. Outside runs (both Taylor and Hines)
    5. Taylor more targets

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

ME...... 

• I want on D
    1. Likely a lot more 5 DB sets, maybe even dime this week.... so.... Moore zero at outside CB, and ONLY at NB.... Especially Kelce needs attention from a NB, and Juju at slot. 
    3. More Speed, less Franklin. Likely more 4-2-5 this week, Speed on Mike and Oke at WILL, or even opposite. Wouldn't mind 5-1-5 or 4-1-6
    4. DL stunting, and creative blitzes (or with Speed as 2nd LEO / 5th DL, and with Cross)
  • I want on O
    1. KC leads the NFL in pressures (40+% wow)..... Jones (DT) has 8, rotational Dulap (RDE) has 7, and rook LDE Karlaftis has 6.... Q and Kelly need strong games vs Jones. Good games from both Ts.... more worried about Smith TBH vs the rook... 
    3. Attack Fenton (CB) with outside verts/speed, ideally with Campbell, and with Pittman on deep slants and 50/50s. 
    5. Taylor more targets

I have a feeling this weekend will officially mark the end of the Ballard/Reich era. Will they get fired? Probably not but I think it will only show the failures of this front office and that it will be a long season. Who's the top qb in the draft? Lol.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

I have a feeling this weekend will officially mark the end of the Ballard/Reich era. Will they get fired? Probably not but I think it will only show the failures of this front office and that it will be a long season. Who's the top qb in the draft? Lol.

Reich might get fired, but bet you whatever you want, Ballard survives. 

I won't list 5 but here is what I want to see.

On defense:

Better scheming to get pressure on the QB.   I believe we have the talent on the line but we have a d-line coach who doesn't know how to use them.  

On offense:

Reich needs to give up the play calling and focus on the game as a whole so that he can direct his team better.  

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

ME...... 

• I want on D
  • I want on O
    5. Taylor more targets

They need to hire you lol , every thing you said is spot on like I can tell u been watching the issues. I agree with all if rookie wasnt out this week I would like to see the switch with him at LT and  with Pinter benched 

Like any very good team has at any level of football, I want a:

O: 

• QB
  • LT
  • Flanker WR
  • TE
  • An assistant coach who Coordinates the passing game to match up the proper receivers to the proper roles, both during practice and in games, since the HC has other responsibilities during those times.

So, for the Colts, we still need all 5 things since we don't really have any one thing.  I'd like to see some positive signs in these areas this week and the rest of the season.

D:   

• EDGE
  • EDGE Setter
  • 3T
  • 1 Dog CB
  • 1 Dog S or MIKE

Pass rush with zone coverage in the backend is fine, as long as the talent is there.  For the Colts, we need 3 more of the 5 (possibly only 2 more if Leonard plays well at MIKE).   I'd like to see positive signs in these areas in the coming weeks.

For any NFL team, that's only 9 positions of the starting 22 that need to be allocated premium capital.  A competent person should be able to keep that rolling for several years under the NFL draft rules and salary cap limits. 

Offense

1)Moore snap and target for Woods

2)Playing time on O line from Dennis Kelly

3)More runs from Ryan when no rec open as opposed to hold too long and sack or forced throws

4)Pierce to get his first career catch

5)Taylor more then 9 carries

Defense

1)More Dayo snaps

2)Kwity with multiple sacks

3)Gilmore with an int

4)1 fumble recovery

5)A Domann sighting in base D

3 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

They need to hire you lol , every thing you said is spot on like I can tell u been watching the issues. I agree with all if rookie wasnt out this week I would like to see the switch with him at LT and  with Pinter benched 

Thanks. Be cautious on Raimann. His snaps aren't what you think. Decent % of 6th OL, and didn't run much his side, and rolled out from his side in passing. Zero in G1 (runs). Haven't re-watched everyone of his snaps in G2, but saw similar live. 

3 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

What I want?

Make it a game for 4 quarters, does not matter if we lose, just make then earn it.

Quick question: The 40% pressure ia coming from winning 1:1's or creative stunts and others?

If the answer is the second, it's going to be an long afternoon again.

Simple pure pressure %

They are #17 blitz % (we re #12??? lol wut)

I gave ind #s, and given that they are avg in blitz, guessing mostly 1 gap and stunt. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Simple pure pressure %

They are #17 blitz % (we re #12??? lol wut)

I gave ind #s, and given that they are avg in blitz, guessing mostly 1 gap and stunt. 

Tks

Dont know if it's just playing time, but our OL look unable to pick up stunts and pass a guy to next man, firing the last OL coach was one of the most stupid decisions

26 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

Tks

Dont know if it's just playing time, but our OL look unable to pick up stunts and pass a guy to next man, firing the last OL coach was one of the most stupid decisions

Smith is just bad at pass pro this year. Outside rush, and stunting... so sad lol... 

I don't understand it... 

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Yeah and Ballard should be the 1st to go. I know Reich has issues. However do u really think Ballard has given him weapons? I mean the neglect of te an wr is embarrassing and neglectful on the GM's part.

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yeah and Ballard should be the 1st to go. I know Reich has issues. However do u really think Ballard has given him weapons? I mean the neglect of te an wr is embarrassing and neglectful on the GM's part.

Do you know what Reich asked for? Nope, we don't....

We do know though Reich is a bad play caller... 

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

If this does indeed happen, and I was Irsay, I would keep Ballard for the season and demand he look into some trades to acquire more draft picks.  Then, consider replacing Ballard with Brown.  I wonder if Indy would still get two compenatory picks for promoting him?  Not really sure how that Rooney rule works, tbh?

7 hours ago, LiveAndLetAddai said:

If this does indeed happen, and I was Irsay, I would keep Ballard for the season and demand he look into some trades to acquire more draft picks.  Then, consider replacing Ballard with Brown.  I wonder if Indy would still get two compenatory picks for promoting him?  Not really sure how that Rooney rule works, tbh?

IMO, Ballard is likely 100% safe. 

9 hours ago, Nickster said:

I want better football players in both sides of the ball in positions that matter.

I agree 100% with nickster comment. We need consistency on both sides of the ball and High dollar players we our paying right now are not the answer.

Neither is the coach and GM.

This team is needing a overhaul.. JMO

Go Colts and I respect everyone's opinions and comments. 

Keep them coming love reading them!

Just now, EastStreet said:

200.gif

Well I guess we shall see who is right . When Reich gets canned, the next coach will walk right into this loaded team and win a super bowl. Better yet, Payton will see the untapped talent and take his show to Indy. Trust me if this regime falls apart, the critics will descend  upon this team after the season and pick it apart for its lack of talent. Book it.

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Well I guess we shall see who is right . When Reich gets canned, the next coach will walk right into this loaded team and win a super bowl. Better yet, Payton will see the untapped talent and take his show to Indy. Trust me if this regime falls apart, the critics will descend  upon this team after the season and pick it apart for its lack of talent. Book it.

lol

giphy.gif

On 9/24/2022 at 8:24 AM, holeymoley99 said:

Offense

1)Moore snap and target for Woods

2)Playing time on O line from Dennis Kelly

3)More runs from Ryan when no rec open as opposed to hold too long and sack or forced throws

4)Pierce to get his first career catch

5)Taylor more then 9 carries

Defense

1)More Dayo snaps

2)Kwity with multiple sacks

3)Gilmore with an int

4)1 fumble recovery

5)A Domann sighting in base D

Got most my o wishes....

You left out special teams. Football is a team game and other than D, our ST (and mistakes by their ST) won this game for us.

Sky Moore muffed 2 punts, one which led to a TD for the Colts in a low scoring game where points were precious. Then a missed FG and PAT by their kicker filling in for Harrison Butker that was injured (boy am I glad we got Chase McLaughlin, think the Chiefs made a bad call with Matt Amendola when he was available).

This is probably one of the worst special teams performance I have seen from the Chiefs in a long time. 3 times, I think their guys thought they could get to the 20 or 25 yard line from fielding a kickoff and failed, thus field position considerably favored us thanks to our coverage units which were STELLAR. 

The team takes on the personality of the head coach.

Reich is a very "'laid back" person...the team tends to be laid back instead of fired up.

Reich relies on his analytics to make his decisions for him...he leans on it like a crutch.,,that way, he doesn't have to decide what to do. I don't know whether he is comfortable making decisions and living with the consequences, but a Head Coach needs to do this and have a good track record.

Reich has deficiencies that a GOOD head coach should not have.

On 9/24/2022 at 10:45 AM, Moosejawcolt said:

I know it’s just one game, but what do you think about Woods?

Archived