Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Game 3: Chiefs @ Colts, Sept. 25th, 1PM

NFLfan

Your Indianapolis Colts will host their first regular season game. Their opponent will be the high-flying Kansas City Chiefs.

The Colts defense will have to be a lot better than they have been in their first two games to stop a potent Chiefs offense. They have to do it without Leonard who is OUT another game. Rookie OL Raimann will also sit this one out. The Colts offense probably will have to keep the Chiefs on the sidelines to win this one. JT is ready.

Football Nfl GIF by Indianapolis Colts

Final Injury Report 

How to watch and listen to Colts games.

Good luck! Enjoy the game. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thanks again for opening the thread, NFLfan!

Hoping the real team in blue shows up today. If you’re not up for this game the year is over.

28 - 20 Chiefs, but we compete until the last 5 minutes of the game and Frank keeps his job for another week.

Go Colts!  All day.  Every day.  :coltshelmet:

• Like 2

Tough matchup, IMO Mahomes is the best QB in the league, Reid is a top 5 coach right now. It will be interesting to see if we can keep up with these guys. I can't see us playing worse than last week.

As much as many may think, this isn't a must win. If we lose we fall to 0-2-1, then play Tennessee here, at Denver, and have Jags here = I think our chances are decent at winning all 3 of those if we start playing better. If we do lose today, the sky is not falling at least in my eyes simply because the other teams in the division aren't that good. Yeah we got smoked at Jacks last week but don't we always. I honestly can't see the Jags winning more than 8 games, if Tennessee loses today and starts 0-3, that has 8-9 written all over it. The Texans will be lucky to win 5 games. Most people in here are great posters but some just simply lose it or bash the team when we lose. Remember it is a 17 game season, long way to go even after today.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tough matchup, IMO Mahomes is the best QB in the league, Reid is a top 5 coach right now. It will be interesting to see if we can keep up with these guys. I can't see us playing worse than last week.

As much as many may think, this isn't a must win. If we lose we fall to 0-2-1, then play Tennessee here, at Denver, and have Jags here = I think our chances are decent at winning all 3 of those if we start playing better. If we do lose today, the sky is not falling at least in my eyes simply because the other teams in the division aren't that good. Yeah we got smoked at Jacks last week but don't we always. I honestly can't see the Jags winning more than 8 games, if Tennessee loses today and starts 0-3, that has 8-9 written all over it. The Texans will be lucky to win 5 games. Most people in here are great posters but some just simply lose it or bash the team when we lose. Remember it is a 17 game season, long way to go even after today.

Hope the team loses out. They need a franchise quarterback so maybe they can get lucky in the draft. Winning this division means nothing as making the playoffs is only making the playoffs. I would like for the Colts to win a championship. That is not happening by winning enough games to draft in the middle of the pack. Ballard won’t trade up so they need to draft high. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Hope the team loses out. They need a franchise quarterback so maybe they can get lucky in the draft. Winning this division means nothing as making the playoffs is only making the playoffs. I would like for the Colts to win a championship. That is not happening by winning enough games to draft in the middle of the pack. Ballard won’t trade up so they need to draft high. 

Who would you like to draft? 

Just now, Blueblood23 said:

Will Levis looks good to me so far. I have no way of knowing if he has it between the ears without being able to interview him. If he does then take him. 

I am just going to be more patient with people when they say stuff like we should tank, Matt is done, or fire Frank or fire Ballard. I just want people's opinions on what they think is the right answer. IMO, I truly think most of the naysayers will never be happy in here unless we win the SB and in doing that I doubt anyone in here has the right answer. Lets just tank in 2025 and draft Arch Manning, then hire a young coach at that point like a McVay type. Maybe Peyton could be GM by then?? I just think most of the negative people in here will never be happy because IMO Frank is a lot better than Chuck, and Ballard is a lot better than Grigson. Both Chuck and Grigson got ripped in here as well.

10 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Want to see some fire from these guys today! Hopefully Ryan’s talks were productive. There will be absolute anarchy if we come out flat today. GO COLTS!!

Hopefully Ryan was giving himself a kick as well as a good talking to.

michael jackson lyrics GIF

24 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I have to work 1130 to 530 so will unfortunately miss the game 

Someone please post the Gif thread after the game for me

If you want to start the thread I can hide it and open it later.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As bad as we've looked in the last few games, if we win this one, we'll probably be in 1st place going into next weekend's game against Tennessee.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am just going to be more patient with people when they say stuff like we should tank, Matt is done, or fire Frank or fire Ballard. I just want people's opinions on what they think is the right answer. IMO, I truly think most of the naysayers will never be happy in here unless we win the SB and in doing that I doubt anyone in here has the right answer. Lets just tank in 2025 and draft Arch Manning, then hire a young coach at that point like a McVay type. Maybe Peyton could be GM by then?? I just think most of the negative people in here will never be happy because IMO Frank is a lot better than Chuck, and Ballard is a lot better than Grigson. Both Chuck and Grigson got ripped in here as well.

we just want a young franchise QB  that is all .   you dont miss watching manning or luck ?    its hard to win a ring without a top ten QB look back at the last 20 superbowl winners  most of them had that guy except philly in 2017 who had to rebuild shortly after and the ravens but even in those games their QBs went off in the post season . i dont know in matt ryan is that guy  i wouldnt even care if frank and ballard stayed next year i just want a young QB .   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, w87r said:

Hopefully Ryan was giving himself a kick as well as a good talking to.

Ryan has been far from perfect, but if a few of his teammates did their jobs a little better (mainly the o-line & receivers) then his performance,and that if then tire team would look a whole lot better and we would've won at least 1,  if not both of our prior games.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chuck was better than Frank. Frank has cost the Colts games due to in game decisions and lack of motivation. Chuck the team played hard for him and he didn’t directly cost the team to many games. Irsay should have fired Frank instead of giving him an extension. It’s really not that hard to see.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Ryan has been far from perfect, but if a few of his teammates did their jobs a little better (mainly the o-line & receivers) then his performance,and that if then tire team would look a whole lot better and we would've won at least 1,  if not both of our prior games.

No one is without blame that is for sure.

4 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Chuck was better than Frank. Frank has cost the Colts games due to in game decisions and lack of motivation. Chuck the team played hard for him and he didn’t directly cost the team to many games. Irsay should have fired Frank instead of giving him an extension. It’s really not that hard to see.

Chuck wasn't a bad coach but was average at best. He had Andrew Luck at his best from 2012-2014, that would be pretty tough to screw that up and not win 11 or 12 games with Andrew. What do you think Frank's record would be with Andrew? He had him 1 year and went 10-6 and won a playoff game.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chuck wasn't a bad coach but was average at best. He had Andrew Luck at his best from 2012-2014, that would be pretty tough to screw that up and not 11 or 12 games with Andrew. What do you think Frank's record would be with Andrew? He had him 1 year and went 10-6 and won a playoff game.

I think the difference here is that - if I remember correctly - Chuck gave Andrew the ability to call his own plays, whereas I don't know that Frank has been as supportive of his QB'Ss.  I  would be wrong on that though?  I just see Frank as much more controlling of the offense.  Chuck was  D guy.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chuck wasn't a bad coach but was average at best. He had Andrew Luck at his best from 2012-2014, that would be pretty tough to screw that up and not win 11 or 12 games with Andrew. What do you think Frank's record would be with Andrew? He had him 1 year and went 10-6 and won a playoff game.

franks team in 2018 was better than anything chuck ever had to be honest ......     that offensive line in 2018 didnt give up sacks  the defense had  more talent also .    chuck had to have the worst offensive line in football outside of AC  no run game and older washed up veterans on defense .      with chuck in 2018 colts might of not started off so weak .   i watched chuck win games with a horrible roster and no luck  the roster frank had post andrew luck is better than anything chuck had .  

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Really hard for me to say. There’s so many different circumstances of how each game plays out. For me, Frank is one of the worst head coaches in the league. In game decisions and the team not playing hard for him substantiates my belief. 

• Thanks 1