Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL.com - Reason for Hope for the Indianapolis Colts

sb41champs

45 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It would still get our foot inside the door and what we do with it from there is up to us with everyone starting at 0-0 then. Remember the 8-8 Chargers kicking our 12-4 butts in San Diego?? Yes, winning a lousy division with a lousy record is MUCH better than having no chance in the playoffs at all.

And then there was Philly last year, who looked like they didn't belong and was a charity gift because the division format.  Not saying the NFL should just rank teams by won-lost record, but there will be better teams not getting into the playoffs if we get in by virtue of winning the division. 

I think going far in the playoffs will depend upon QB, LT, Flanker, and EDGE play being very good.  I don't see that, but maybe Paye starts to light it up and AP starts to stretch the field.  Lots of good things can happen around them if those two get going.

58 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It would still get our foot inside the door and what we do with it from there is up to us with everyone starting at 0-0 then. Remember the 8-8 Chargers kicking our 12-4 butts in San Diego?? Yes, winning a lousy division with a lousy record is MUCH better than having no chance in the playoffs at all.

I agree 100%. Ask any Steelers fan about last year, they were elated they got in at 9-7-1. Making the playoffs or winning your division is still a good season no matter what happens in the playoffs. Why would anyone even watch if winning the SB was the only thing that would make them happy? Let me stress winning the SB is the ultimate goal but if some are banking on that every year than they may as well pick up a new hobby lmao . Even the Patriots went from 2005-2013 without winning the SB. We only won 1 and went 2 with Peyton. 

I at least want to see a competitive team at worse that can win the division. That in itself is a good season. I love your Chargers example.

I agree.  Sure, the ultimate goal is winning SB but 31 of 32 teams can't do it.  As long as Colts are winning games, it would still give us happiness.  The win might not come this weekend but I am pretty confident we will beat Titans the week after and start to make a run.

14 minutes ago, Perks2022 said:

I agree.  Sure, the ultimate goal is winning SB but 31 of 32 teams can't do it.  As long as Colts are winning games, it would still give us happiness.  The win might not come this weekend but I am pretty confident we will beat Titans the week after and start to make a run.

That is exactly what I think as well, that we will start winning divisional games moving forward and a lot will be forgotten. 

I see 4-4-1 after 9 games. We will see where we stand then.

3 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I think Ballard may have to take a look at Free agency or scour the practice squads and bring in a real LT.

The pryor experiment is not working.

Not only that, he should gamble a bit and go after guys like Cole Beasley or bring TY back for 1 year, or bring in OBJ. If Tampa Bay can bring in Cole for cheap, we could've easily. Also when Von Miller was available I was all over that/yelling for it bringing him in for pass rush, nothing though from Ballard?? Build through the draft but bring in key Free Agents that can put you over the top. Rams did it last year, Buffalo is doing it now. No reason why we can't.

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Because once you get into the playoffs anything can happen. Everyone is 0-0. The Giants won the SB at 9-7 by beating the Pats in 2011. In 1995 we should've been in the SB at 9-7. I would rather make the playoffs and have fun watching this team doing so than tank, that is just me. By your logic, you would've never been able to enjoy our 1995 team when we at one point almost had no chance to make the playoffs.

Never said they should tank, and I would love to see the somehow magically get into the playoffs. But this team is currently one of the worst teams in football, let alone a playoff caliber team. 

A report on the Chiefs pass rush through two games:

"Veteran DL Chris Jones and rookie first-round edge rusher George Karlaftis lead the team with 12 and nine QB pressures, respectively, and have anchored a pass rush that currently ranks fifth in pressure rate (40.4 percent). Kansas City's front seven made its presence felt against the Chargers, pressuring Justin Herbert 11 times and hitting him five times (with one sack) in the second half as the Chiefs mounted their comeback. If the Chiefs can maintain this sort of consistent pressure, they'll be one of the most complete teams in the NFL."

https://www.chiefs.com/news/power-rankings-week-2-where-do-the-chiefs-rank-following-thursday-s-victory

4 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Never said they should tank, and I would love to see the somehow magically get into the playoffs. But this team is currently one of the worst teams in football, let alone a playoff caliber team. 

They are playing like one of the worst teams in football but I still think we have a good roster and a good QB, so I can see us getting it together. Really a team shouldn't be judged until after week 4. Week 2 is a little early to say a team sucks and is going to suck all year. I think Cincy has a good team and they are 0-2, lost to 2 teams they should have beat.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They are playing like one of the worst teams in football but I still think we have a good roster and a good QB, so I can see us getting it together. Really a team shouldn't be judged until after week 4. Week 2 is a little early to say a team sucks and is going to suck all year. I think Cincy has a good team and they are 0-2, lost to 2 teams they should have beat.

While I agree that they could turn the season around, it is still very disappointing, embarrassing and devastating to start 01-1 and most likely be 0-3-1 or 1-2-1 after week 4.   We lost arguably 2 of our 3 easiest games on the schedule. 

As for Cincy, losing to the Steelers and Cowboys by 3 points each is still much better than how the Colts look.  

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

While I agree that they could turn the season around, it is still very disappointing, embarrassing and devastating to start 01-1 and most likely be 0-3-1 or 1-2-1 after week 4.   We lost arguably 2 of our 3 easiest games on the schedule. 

As for Cincy, losing to the Steelers and Cowboys by 3 points each is still much better than how the Colts look.  

Cincy lost to a QB I have never heard of last week. Trevor is much better than Cooper Rush, Davis Mills is even better. Whether you lose by 3 or 20 it really doesn't matter. Having said that I can with confidence say we have a really good shot at beating Tennessee, Denver, and Jags here. The 1st 2 teams have looked bad and Jags never win here, they won't sweep us. It is just too early to have a funeral for the Colts. If after week 4, we are 0-3-1 and lose to Tennessee then I will change my tune. Cincy had no business losing to Pitt at home either, Pitt won't even be a .500 team.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cincy lost to a QB I have never heard of last week. Trevor is much better than Cooper Rush, Davis Mills is even better. Whether you lose by 3 or 20 it really doesn't matter. Having said that I can with confidence say we have a really good shot at beating Tennessee, Denver, and Jags here. The 1st 2 teams have looked bad and Jags never win here, they won't sweep us. It is just too early to have a funeral for the Colts. If after week 4, we are 0-3-1 and lose to Tennessee then I will change my tune. Cincy had no business losing to Pitt at home either, they won't even be a .500 team.

I think this post is mostly rubbish.

The Cowboys and Bengals are much better than the Texans and Jags.  No question.

It does matter if you lose by only 3 instead of 20.   I am sure the players will tell you the same.  The loss to the Jags has a killer because they didn't even put up a fight and looked bad in every aspect of the game.  

I bet Cincy finishes with a better record than the Colts but they will not make the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think this post is mostly rubbish.

The Cowboys and Bengals are much better than the Texans and Jags.  No question.

It does matter if you lose by only 3 instead of 20.   I am sure the players will tell you the same.  The loss to the Jags has a killer because they didn't even put up a fight and looked bad in every aspect of the game.  

I bet Cincy finishes with a better record than the Colts but they will not make the playoffs.

I think both teams will win about the same amount of games. My post isn't rubbish, you win or you lose. Nobody in general cares if you outplay a team for 59 minutes but then lose by 1 point on a fluke, or if they lose by 20. We had Houston beat but because our FG missed an easy kick, this team got trashed in here because it ended in a tie. Had we won, nobody says crap.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cincy sucks too then lol 

53 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think both teams will win about the same amount of games. My post isn't rubbish, you win or you lose. Nobody in general cares if you outplay a team for 59 minutes but then lose by 1 point on a fluke, or if they lose by 20. We had Houston beat but because our FG missed an easy kick, this team got trashed in here because it ended in a tie. Had we won, nobody says crap.

You don't think it will matter to the players if we go toe to toe with the Chiefs on Sunday but lose 35-32 to them as opposed to getting beat 35-0 to them and put up a similar effort that we did to the Jags?

Just now, Myles said:

You don't think it will matter to the players if we go toe to toe with the Chiefs on Sunday but lose 35-32 to them as opposed to getting beat 35-0 to them and put up a similar effort that we did to the Jags?

You either win or lose. Do you think the 20 or so posters that trash this team weekly will care if we lose 41-40, they won't. They will pile on and say we lost again, Frank sucks. They will just say fire everyone and we are 0-2-1. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You either win or lose. Do you think the 20 or so posters that trash this team weekly will care if we lose 41-40, they won't. They will pile on and say we lost again, Frank sucks. They will just say fire everyone and we are 0-2-1. 

I don't worry about the posters that feed on negative.   Players will care and so will I.   I think the Colts will lose to the Chiefs but will still be rooting for them.  If they put up a good effort and lose by a few, I will have hope.   If they play like they did against the Jags, I won't feel the same.   

On 9/22/2022 at 2:14 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have stayed away for 3 days from reading any posts and almost everyone in here seems to just be throwing this team under the bus. Reich, Matt, our D just getting ripped to shreds. That is fine because we played like doo doo against Jacks. It doesn't even bother me anymore, it is just strange True Colts fans have no hope when it is just 2 games into the season. After this week we will be in 1st place because we will upset KC and the other 3 teams will lose looking at the schedule. Jags aren't winning here nor are the Titans or Texans. This place has absolutely imploded with the bashing of this team after I have read at least 4 or 5 different threads. SMH from Irsay wanting to buy guitars so he doesn't care about football, Matt having a noodle arm, Reich needs to be fired, Ballard needs to go, etc.. chuckling homer simpson GIF

On 9/22/2022 at 3:21 PM, Chucklez said:

If this Colts team, from where they have come from in week 1 and week 2 (against arguably on paper two of the worst teams in the NFL), comes out and beats the Kansas City Chiefs, I will buy you a beer.... I'm not sure how, seeing as I live in the UK, but I will find a way to buy you a beer, and I'll even throw in a packet of peanuts as well.

I'd also point you to my post above, I'm already on the record saying that this team if it finds it's form and starts playing competently, is far from out of the conversation of winning the division and making the playoffs. But we have to see it before we can just brashly say "Colts are going to be fine and win against KC"..... If we come out and look as inept against KC as we did the Jags and how we looked for the majority of the Texans game, then this team is going to implode.

Well sir.... how we gonna do this?

21 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Well sir.... how we gonna do this?

Don't worry about it my friend. I just get in my rants because some count us out at times but when I have this guy on my side = The Simpsons Homer GIF by FOX TV- we got this with his 900 pound bench press, 1400 pound squat, and 4.0 40. I just knew we would win, I really did, when you believe in something deep it happens. I won 400 dollars today as well because I took the Colts straight up. Matt Ryan is a leader - cheers = Wedding Party Cheers GIF by Zola- Homer is like Kitt to me like he was to Hasselhoff, I knew we had to put that puppy to bed and it happened :thmup:. Like when Kitt got repaired.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don't worry about it my friend. I just get in my rants because some count us out at times but when I have this guy on my side = The Simpsons Homer GIF by FOX TV- we got this with his 900 pound bench press, 1400 pound squat, and 4.0 40. I just knew we would win, I really did, when you believe in something deep it happens. I won 400 dollars today as well because I took the Colts straight up. Matt Ryan is a leader - cheers = Wedding Party Cheers GIF by Zola- Homer is like Kitt to me like he was to Hasselhoff, I knew we had that puppy to bed and it happened :thmup:

A gentleman to not hold my feet to the fire.

It was messy as all hell, but a win is a win is a win! Matt Ryan needs to stop fumbling the football, but today was a step in the right direction.... even with KC seemingly doing everything they could to help us win the game.

Gotta beat TN next week now and we are in a good spot... Them Jags look feisty though.

3 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

A gentleman to not hold my feet to the fire.

It was messy as all hell, but a win is a win is a win! Matt Ryan needs to stop fumbling the football, but today was a step in the right direction.... even with KC seemingly doing everything they could to help us win the game.

Gotta beat TN next week now and we are in a good spot... Them Jags look feisty though.

Jacksonville is impressing me, they look good.

We can keep winning like this, but the OL need to step up and give Ryan some time.   One play where Kelly let that guy come through untouched and sacked Ryan....Kelly moved over to help double team one chief's defender where I don't think was necessary.  Oh well they'll point that play out on the meeting Monday I guess. But a great team win overall, stay focus Colts!!

Archived