Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 KC at Indy Injury Report (W3)

EastStreet

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Colts1324 said:

I have said it many times. Luck & Castonzo retiring early (& Doyle) has set a precedent for players on this team to quit. I’m sure they all still talk. The days of players playing because the sport is their passion are coming to an end. 

I also wonder if this Colts mental health campaign makes players overthink their love for football. 

just trade leonard get a 1st and move on colts are 4-3 without him he isnt a premium position anyway .   i am over this teams soft attitudes .  frank babies players  skips mini camps  and practices all the time to baby these guys .  its obvious he made the players softer for pampering them

8 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

just trade leonard get a 1st and move on colts are 4-3 without him he isnt a premium position anyway .   i am over this teams soft attitudes .  frank babies players  skips mini camps  and practices all the time to baby these guys .  its obvious he made the players softer for pampering them

I agree with you on the skipping mini camps and practices thing. These guys weren’t ready for week 1 - they need more practice not less. 

2 hours ago, philba101 said:

The only upside to that is that he would be on a cheaper rookie salary and not breaking the bank like the rest of the under-achieving O-line is currently doing.

if you have the chance to draft your future at QB and you draft LT, there is no bright side. Only a jobless Ballard. 

16 minutes ago, philba101 said:

I am pretty sure it is this line of thinking that has the Colts in the current situation they are in.

Yep. Every game is must win. This isn’t baseball or basketball where there are a million games. There are only 17. One loss early in the season may very well stop us from going to the playoffs. If we had won say two of our first four games last year we clinch playoff spot with 2 games left. 

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

no idea what the heck that even means other than it sounds awfully familiar to Irsay saying Luck’s issue was between the ears before he missed the full season.

I predicted Leonards heart is no longer into it and he's done. ( I said this back in August) But hey...getting paid millions to take part in soft practices isn't a bad gig if you can get it.

Think we finally see Dennis Kelly with Rainman out and Pryor struggling.

Some roster changes coming after this game. Tenuta may be getting waived and hoping he passes through waivers and onto P.S. Since we claimed him he had to be on active roster first 3 games but inactive first 2. McLaughlin if he kicks well may find way to regular roster,if he doesnt stays on p.s and we look for another kicker.

Coutee likely gets called up from p.s this week but may be elevated in place of someone (Patmon perhaps ?).

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

Take that up with the CBA . The coaches and teams MUST follow this.  Maybe its not the coaches who are soft its some of the players who have agreed to be "soft" collectively as a league. Look at all the RULE CHANGES in the league to make the game SOFTER 

Disclaimer: not saying anybody is or isn't soft. 

I hate to be THAT kind of fan, but I truly dont expect to win this game

We always seem to "get it together" by mid season and we are in a week division

This team should round out....... and compete for a playoff spot at the end

But again..... dont expect much this weekend  (I hope Im wrong)

1 hour ago, strt182 said:

Take that up with the CBA . The coaches and teams MUST follow this.  Maybe its not the coaches who are soft its some of the players who have agreed to be "soft" collectively as a league. Look at all the RULE CHANGES in the league to make the game SOFTER 

Disclaimer: not saying anybody is or isn't soft. 

its not in the cba to skip mini camp and do pad less practices instead .  frank goes way above and beyond the cba and it carries over to the team being soft . hes way to player friendly there needs to be a mix

17 hours ago, coming on strong said:

No one is giving a 1st for Shaq and his contract.  Conditional 3rd perhaps.

15 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

A hungry ,before the extension, Darius Leonard would be playing by now. His alter ego ...Shaq Leonard... has plenty of money and 0 motivation to play the game. I expect him to be put on IR soon and retire after the season.

I feel a “rap career” in his future.  Going in a different direction to purse his art lol.

16 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

A hungry ,before the extension, Darius Leonard would be playing by now. His alter ego ...Shaq Leonard... has plenty of money and 0 motivation to play the game. I expect him to be put on IR soon and retire after the season.

I stick to my belief that the Colts will have buyers remorse on that Leonard contract. 

Archived