Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 PFF: Colts Offense (G2)

EastStreet

General Offense Comment

• Sad.. very sad... 

General Group Comments

• QB - he didn't sign up for this lol. Regardless, not good from him. 
  • RB - very meh
  • TE - very meh, still playing Granson too much
  • WR - Dulin graded well again. Personnel plan is confusing... lol. Can Parris play outside and vert? Maybe?? lol
  • OL - The OL has allowed 29.2% pressure rate (year).... Ouch...  I don't see them overpowered, I see horrible communication and scheme....  Of 5 sacks, only credited to OL?? 3 sacks came from the right side... but 0? Blitz. QB faulted... Need to rewatch the sacks, but will be painful. no desire to rewatch lol.. 

• QB
    • Ryan (75 - 2021 PFF)
      • Snaps% - 100/96/
      • PFF - 59-1 INT/55-3
      • PR (90) - 83/34/
      • QBR (46) - 48/6/
      • Note - never seen a QBR that low... lol
    • Foles (60) - NA
    • Ehlinger - NA
  • RB
    • Taylor (87)
      • Snaps% - 76/74/
      • PFF - 69/67/
      • Note - still meh (comparable) grading, but only 9 carries and 1 only target? 13 total RB carries. 
    • Hines (73)
      • Snaps% - 28/30/
      • PFF - 66/68/
      • Notes - IDK... 
    • Jackson
      • Snaps% - NA/4/
      • PFF - NA/53/
  • TE1
    • Alie-Cox (66)
      • Snaps% - 54/54/
      • PFF - 71/59/
      • Note - drop
  • TE2
    • Granson (59)
      • Snaps% - 55/54/
      • PFF - 45/50/
      • Note: still meh
    • Woods (rook)
      • Snaps% - 9/16/
      • PFF - NA/53/
  • WR1
    • Pittman (78)
      • Snaps% - 98/NA/
      • PFF - 78/NA/
    • Dulin (60)
      • Snaps% - 35/64/
      • PFF - 71/78/
      • Note: good again. 5 of 7, and 79 yards. SOOOOOO better than Pascal last year
  • WR2
    • Campbell (63)
    • Snaps% - 77/86/
    • PFF - 60/53/
    • Note - hated calls. let him play outside, and vert. Waste of speed and agility
  • WR3
    • Pierce (rook)
      • Snaps% - 51/NA/
      • PFF - 40/NA/
    • Strachan (62)
      • Snaps% - 12/70/
      • PFF - 88/74/
      • Note - did they turn him into Pascal... 
    • Patmon (65)
      • Snaps% - NA/48/
      • PFF - NA/55/
      • Note - 6 targets? for a guy didn't dressed last week..... 
  • LT
    • Pryor (77-0 Sacks)
      • Snaps% - 87/70/
      • PFF - 65/59-1/
      • Note: drop and +1 sack
    • Raimann (rook)
      • Snaps% - 17/30/
      • PFF - 73/73/
      • Note - little more snaps, still likely extra OT/eligibility, and good grade! Keep in mind last week they called plays to other side when he was in... don't know this week.
  • LG
    • Nelson (69-1)
      • Snaps% - 100/100/
      • PFF - 82/75-1/
      • Note - not bad, but drop and +1 sack
  • C
    • R Kelly (57-3)
      • Snaps% - 100/100/
      • PFF - 69/67/
      • Note: same, but saw a few pressures min.. 
    • French - NA/
  • RG
    • Pinter (75-0)
    • Snaps% - 100/100/
    • PFF - 57/51/
    • Note - going backwards lol. Thought he had allowed a sack, but didn't (credited). 
    • Fries - NA/
  • RT
    • Smith (81-4)
      • Snaps% - 100/100/
      • PFF - 58-1/61/
      • Note - not much better. not credited with another sack??? Out of 5 sacks, only 2 credited to OL... 
    • D Kelly - NA/
    • Tenuta - NA/

Good: 70+ (bold blue)
Average: 55-69 (normal)
Bad: Less 55 (bold red)

FYI 
Separated O and D grades (2 threads) this year. Too much (info/lines) last year. 
Snaps and PFF grades rounded (no XX.XX)
Snaps - per game (%, not # snaps)
PFF grade - not per game, current year's total grade
Color/bold text (good vs bad, and range) changed - see bottom

Thanks for continuing this compilation.  A few thoughts:

• Raimann looks good.  Still need to ease him in.  Don't play him a whole lot more yet, just because he's doing well in spot duty.  From 17 to 30 snap% is a nice trajectory.
  • Dulin looks better.  Needs to find a more steady spot to play...a place he can contribute consistently.  Coaching is probably still figuring that out a bit looking at game tapes.  Can almost pencil him in as being somebody reliable. 
  • Target numbers?  Can't really make much out of them.   Lots of mayhem out there.  A cluster.  Ryan trying to find somebody.  He was running a lot and probably off of his first read frequently.
  • JT, yeah. more touches, but would it have mattered?

Overall, TEs, WRs, and Oline graded like we expected.  Dulin and Raimann have been bright spots in a pretty dim beginning to the season.

Parris.  Drafted in 2019.....has traits.  Same as Benogu, lol

Smith was drafted to be a G.  Maybe he's simply coming back to earth after a nice ride.

29 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Thanks for continuing this compilation.  A few thoughts:

• Raimann looks good.  Still need to ease him in.  Don't play him a whole lot more yet, just because he's doing well in spot duty.  From 17 to 30 snap% is a nice trajectory.
  • Dulin looks better.  Needs to find a more steady spot to play...a place he can contribute consistently.  Coaching is probably still figuring that out a bit looking at game tapes.  Can almost pencil him in as being somebody reliable. 
  • Target numbers?  Can't really make much out of them.   Lots of mayhem out there.  A cluster.  Ryan trying to find somebody.  He was running a lot and probably off of his first read frequently.
  • JT, yeah. more touches, but would it have mattered?

Overall, TEs, WRs, and Oline graded like we expected.  Dulin and Raimann have been bright spots in a pretty dim beginning to the season.

Parris.  Drafted in 2019.....has traits.  Same as Benogu, lol

Smith was drafted to be a G.  Maybe he's simply coming back to earth after a nice ride.

Raimann's grade.... needs context... 

Here's the clear situation from last week.

• played as an extra 6th/eligible OL on a good amount of snaps
  • got extra help (with TE)
  • didn't call plays to his way. runs went right, and QB moved to right on passes

Haven't seen his snaps this year, but I did last week clearly... I posted vid of all snaps 

So his great grades are misleading... 

Hope he is good.

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

And personnel usage and call playing (routes) with Parris is horrible (coaching)... 

This is not a Parris issue. 

His knock out of OSU was he was a gadget type Percy Harvin, Cordarelle Patterson type of guy.  And that appears to be the case.  

Looking like a horrendous move by Ballard even without injury.  He’s fast but he’s a JAG.

I reserved judgment on the kid for bad luck with injury, but there are 3 star receivers taken after him.

Ballards 2019 draft is looking like an organizational disaster including the 1st round trade for a slightly better than average elitely paid DT.

we needed pass catchers and there were a lot of studs I

in that class.  Terrible job by Ballard.  Handcuffed the team.  Mediocre corner RYS turned into a 230 lb defensive end with a 47 PFf last year.

coulda had Debo I stead of Bangui too.

2019 was a bad bad year for Chris Ballard.

12 hours ago, Nickster said:

His knock out of OSU was he was a gadget type Percy Harvin, Cordarelle Patterson type of guy.  And that appears to be the case.  

Looking like a horrendous move by Ballard even without injury.  He’s fast but he’s a JAG.

I reserved judgment on the kid for bad luck with injury, but there are 3 star receivers taken after him.

Ballards 2019 draft is looking like an organizational disaster including the 1st round trade for a slightly better than average elitely paid DT.

we needed pass catchers and there were a lot of studs I

in that class.  Terrible job by Ballard.  Handcuffed the team.  Mediocre corner RYS turned into a 230 lb defensive end with a 47 PFf last year.

coulda had Debo I stead of Bangui too.

2019 was a bad bad year for Chris Ballard.

Sorry, bad usage...... very obvious. 

It's like running a Ferrari on a short figure 8 track....

MQT_xF.gif

QB: has enough to do the job if protections are good and we get healthy at wideout.  QB2 is quality.  I like the QB3.

RB: elite talent and good backup.

TE: low talent level plus inexperience.

WR: quality nosedives after top two, which includes a rookie.

OL: good talent across the board they'll be fine.

Summary: line will improve a ton as we go forward but the QB is going to have to work harder than his peers, level of weapon quality is subpar.

They need to get Granson off the field. We need explosive plays on offense. Get Woods on the field and let him figure it out. MAC is slow and Granson should only be playing ST’s tbh.

Give Dulin more snaps in the slot and give Campbell less once the other receivers are healthy.

20 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Always said... Dulin at Slot...

Nice... at slot... 

More yards than Kirk (even Kirk had 1 more catch)

So..... 5-79.... after separation complaints lol... 

route-chart_DUL521764_2022-REG-2_1663533

Needs to be in the game more even with Pitt and Pierce. Have Paris spell him a bit and be the main kick and punt returner. Use Strachan to spell Pitt and Pierce. Paris can be the 4th WR going vertical.

BTW I still think Smith needs to be RG. Not a major overhaul just alot of tweets.

I know this week's PFF was hard on you but ty.

31 minutes ago, Matabix said:

Needs to be in the game more even with Pitt and Pierce. Have Paris spell him a bit and be the main kick and punt returner. Use Strachan to spell Pitt and Pierce. Paris can be the 4th WR going vertical.

BTW I still think Smith needs to be RG. Not a major overhaul just alot of tweets.

Our depth/rotation should be

X               slot                   Z

Normal           Pitt             Dulin                Campbell (not Pierce)

Strachan     Coutee             Pierce

Big line up      Strachan     Pitt                   Pierce

Speed (deep)  Pierce         Pitt                   Campbell

Peirce isn't good enough yet (for starter reps). He should be allowed to run 9s and deep slants, which he ran in college, and was fantastic at.

Patmon, IMO, isn't good enough to be a #2 in other position. Pitt and Strachan, the easily best Xs. He doesn't have speed for Z (Campbell and Pierce are both faster). And he doesn't "my ball" demeanor, so not really a choice for tradition slot, or a 50/50 guys (slot or Z).

41 minutes ago, Matabix said:

and separate response on Smith...

Smith was great at RT before this year.

No clue why he sucks this year. Likely not believing... like many others...  

He is making too much for RG. 

He needs a kicking to the butt. 

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

They need to get Granson off the field. We need explosive plays on offense. Get Woods on the field and let him figure it out. MAC is slow and Granson should only be playing ST’s tbh.

Give Dulin more snaps in the slot and give Campbell less once the other receivers are healthy.

MAC and Granson usage is bad. And routes (chosen) are bad. 

Granson is bad regardless. But he needs different routes, and different routes.

MAC usage and routes are a joke. Wasted. 

22 hours ago, EastStreet said:

and separate response on Smith...

Smith was great at RT before this year.

No clue why he sucks this year. Likely not believing... like many others...  

He is making too much for RG. 

He needs a kicking to the butt. 

We've seen some of Pinter's struggles so far and I can't help but wonder if Smith's issues are related to him trying to handle his assignment and help Pinter, which just won't work. I honestly haven't paid close enough attention to the OL thus far, but if you don't trust the guy next to you, it can really hurt your play as well.

2 hours ago, Shive said:

We've seen some of Pinter's struggles so far and I can't help but wonder if Smith's issues are related to him trying to handle his assignment and help Pinter, which just won't work. I honestly haven't paid close enough attention to the OL thus far, but if you don't trust the guy next to you, it can really hurt your play as well.

Most issues I've seen are pure Smith. On skates on pass pro. Just losing outside. And a pop and stunt beat him. 

Pinter has struggled at times, but expected early.

My expectations on both Pinter and Pryor were early struggles, but better mid season. 

I was very happy with Pryor in G1 though. Did great vs Greenard, who was a stud last season.

But OL is not playing well "together", that's obvious. Not a fan of OL coach. 

On 9/22/2022 at 7:05 PM, Matabix said:

Need Flowers to be the punt and kick returner,kid is dynamic and we can use the spark. 

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Any way we can generate field position and points is solving a problem at this point,lol.  Hines everyone holds their breath hoping no bobble and we have already seen it deep inside our 10 this season luckily it didnt cost us.

Dice roll with rook... IDK lol.. 

If I did make a change, Rodgers, Dulin, Campbell, or Coutee. 

Archived