Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Parris Campbell

lollygagger8

3 catches in the Texans game for 37 yards. 

0 catches in the game against Jax. 

He finally seems healthy, and made it through training camp, but has yet to make a difference.

Is he simply having issues creating separation, not being "schemed open", or is he yet another player being used improperly? 

How does he not step up when the #1 WR goes down? 

I'm trying to find excuses for the guy. Help! 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even when he's been healthy he hasn't produced. I don't know why Ballard or the fans had any huge expectations for him. He has under 400 yards in 3 years and 17 games. That's practically one season combined over 3 seasons of football. If I told you a receiver had 390 yards over a season you would never put that receiver as a no. 2 receiver on a contending team. And that's what he is for the Colts and that's why we are not a contending team. 

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

Campbell has the talent to be very good. He would excel in the Eagles system easily. 

he would be very good for many teams, but Reich's flaws are being exposed more than ever.  Campbell is the choice for slot but Reich is out of his element.  

We have so many issues right now:

1. The O-line cannot pass block. At all. This will result in most of our WRs having fewer opportunities and low pass catching numbers. See Parris Campbell.

2. Since we cannot pass block, our passing game is less effective. This allows defenses to play up and focus on stopping our rushing attack, and our short passing attack.

3. Since we cannot pass block, or run effectively, our play calls are limited. We can't use longer pass plays that require 5 and 7 step drops, because they have led to Ryan being sacked almost every time. We pass it short, allow the defense to make the tackle after a 2-3 yard gain, and then go 3-and-out.

And don't get me started on the defense.....

3 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

1. The O-line cannot pass block. At all. This will result in most of our WRs having fewer opportunities and low pass catching numbers. See Parris Campbell.

2. Since we cannot pass block, our passing game is less effective. This allows defenses to play up and focus on stopping our rushing attack, and our short passing attack.

3. Since we cannot pass block, or run effectively, our play calls are limited. We can't use longer pass plays that require 5 and 7 step drops, because they have led to Ryan being sacked almost every time. We pass it short, allow the defense to make the tackle after a 2-3 yard gain, and then go 3-and-out.

This is so sad, because its true. You try to think oh next week or next month we'll be okay. But how can we fix these issues? :( We absolutely can't pass protect anymore. So if we don't have a lead early, we probably aren't winning games

25 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

What do you do if your having trouble pass blocking? Get the ball out quick. Campbell is perfect for that short slot and getting the ball out quick. 

41 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

I agree.  But you don't have to pass block for long if you have quick hitters.  Parris and Hines would both be too fast for the LB to follow on a quick slant.

Lawrence made a living on those quick hitters.  Frank needs to quit thinking he has the 2018 O line and study the Jags playbook.

2 hours ago, MPStack said:

Campbell has the talent to be very good. He would excel in the Eagles system easily. 

Yes sir! The system that's getting mad love for being multifaceted and wide open under Nick S as hc / play caller. A stark contrast from this basic unimaginative offense that does not utilize its players skillset in which Nick was oc in title only under Frank Reich. Hmmm....

43 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

RIGHT ON !       This is biggest offense's  problem right now is the OL, and/or OL coach.

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Then the oline is playing so bad Ryan can’t even get the ball out on a play like this that is designed to get it out quick. The oline is getting best on all kinds of twists and stunts. 

I really think it’s time to do some oline shuffling. Probably let Rainmann play at LT and live Pryor to RG.

That was an awfully slow quick hitter.

37 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I agree.  But you don't have to pass block for long if you have quick hitters.  Parris and Hines would both be too fast for the LB to follow on a quick slant.

Lawrence made a living on those quick hitters.  Frank needs to quit.

Fixed it for you. haha

34 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Then the oline is playing so bad Ryan can’t even get the ball out on a play like this that is designed to get it out quick. The oline is getting best on all kinds of twists and stunts. 

I really think it’s time to do some oline shuffling. Probably let Rainmann play at LT and live Pryor to RG.

Really thought we would see some changes monday, at least fire Strausser. The Oline has regressed every year since he took over. 

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Really thought we would see some changes monday, at least fire Strausser. The Oline has regressed every year since he took over. 

Hopefully some shuffling this week in practice. In 2018 it took them a bit to figure out the best oline with injuries and other issues.  Pinter keeps getting best could use a bigger body at RG that can move people.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Hopefully some shuffling this week in practice. In 2018 it took them a bit to figure out the best oline with injuries and other issues.  Pinter keeps getting best could use a bigger body at RG that can move people.

Doubt we will see any personel changes or moves regarding the Oline. Won’t be until after week 4 at the earliest. 

56 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

This place loves loves loves to over inflate certain ppl on this roster. Time and Time again. 

Campbell is one he goes on the list with

Rock Ya-Sin

Marlon Mack

Hines

MAC

Blackmon

Campbell just isn’t good. Pittman seems to have no issues producing when he plays. But when Campbell is actually healthy he’s being “misused” somehow. He’s another Phillip Dorsett IMO. A splash play here or there but he’s just a guy with explosive play ability that will never fully manifest.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Campbell is one he goes on the list with

Rock Ya-Sin

Marlon Mack

Hines

MAC

Blackmon

Campbell just isn’t good. Pittman seems to have no issues producing when he plays. But when Campbell is actually healthy he’s being “misused” somehow. He’s another Phillip Dorsett IMO. A splash play here or there but he’s just a guy with explosive play ability that will never fully manifest.

Thank you! I get the want for the guys to succeed cuz it helps the team but at some point you have to call it what it is. 

59 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Was that Pryor at LT ?

That was terrible

Face it colt fans he is a bust. He does not have the shiftiness and quick feet to get open as a slot receiver. And since his injuries he seems to be playing scared on the field worrying about getting injured again. All he has is speed which is not going to cut it in the nfl. You need to have shiftiness and be able to run good patterns and not afraid to catch balls over the middle.

Parris was drafted to be a slot receiver and I believe has been used that way for the most part.  Don't know what happened vs JAX. 

Some think that he should be on the outside replacing TY.  Maybe that's what they are trying to do.

5 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Pittman seems to have no issues producing when he plays.

This is so obvious, I'm glad that somebody else said it but me.  

Archived