Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

There's a chance, with a new HC

EastStreet

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not super excited on QBs, I'll take Stroud though.... Young is #1 on BB pre-reason. Decent too. 

Stroud - 70+%, 11/0, 208 PR

Young  - 68%, 9/2, 162 PR

Ohio St. and Bama QBs scare me to death. W. Levis is starting to climb draft boards, but has got accuracy issues. 

• Shive changed the title to There's a chance, with a new HC
4 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Ohio St. and Bama QBs scare me to death. W. Levis is starting to climb draft boards, but has got accuracy issues. 

Agree a little (fear) on OSU and Bama. But Stroud has real talent. Good roster, absolutely. So how much talent? IDK... elite stats though. 

McKee (Stanford) was high pre-season, but bad so far... 3 TDs, 3 INTs... lol...

I like Levis, but mixed.... 

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Super weak AFCS

IMO, roster is same or better than 2021. 

We stepped on our ducks after Game 15 last year.

Easily a playoff team despite starting a rough season, and if not end. 

Either try a shot with a new HC or interim, or tank.... 

giphy.gif

Too early for the coaching change to happen IMO.  While we are waiting move Pryor to RG start Raiman at LT and start Rodgers over Moore.  I'm expecting Leonard, Pittman and Pierce to return this week as well.  Let's see if that helps out. 

Tank! This team is not good enough. It never was good enough. We need SERIOUS additions at premier positions. And we need to find our QB of the future. Just tank and get your guy in the draft. We need to stop hald-assing this roster building. We need to stop with the bandaids! 

I actually think the roster is the much bigger issue, especially on the offensive side of the ball. The most important positions (pass blocking and receiving weapons) have gotten worse (obviously QB is important, but Ryan won't be able to do anything until he has some pass blocking). 

Ballard's roster construction, especially on offense, is just so gross. It doesn't matter how good our LG is if we don't have a serviceable LT. It doesn't matter how accurate our QB is if we don't have open receivers (or time to throw).

It's really hard to judge Reich with the team that has been fielded the first two weeks. I'd like to see his team come out with more discipline and motivation, but that's a nearly impossible thing to judge as a bystander. He has fielded a top 10 offense almost every year with well-below top 10 talent, I don't think this bottom tier offense is on him

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Too early for the coaching change to happen IMO.  While we are waiting move Pryor to RG start Raiman at LT and start Rodgers over Moore.  I'm expecting Leonard, Pittman and Pierce to return this week as well.  Let's see if that helps out. 

Why too early....

This team will never be great with Reich. Locker room is lost. Fan support is lost. 

Sadly i dont think any changes will be made until the end of the season where we will probably end with 6-9 wins. Around pick 10-15.

If ballard is still the gm he probably trades down for more picks instead of up for a qb.

Will try to be the smartest in the room once more by drafting a qb 3rd round and saying he is going to develop.

35 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Sadly i dont think any changes will be made until the end of the season where we will probably end with 6-9 wins. Around pick 10-15.

If ballard is still the gm he probably trades down for more picks instead of up for a qb.

Will try to be the smartest in the room once more by drafting a qb 3rd round and saying he is going to develop.

If Reich remains all year, and we are sub 500, fans will drag the team all year. Media is joining now finally.

And tix sales will again suffer. Worse this time. Fans won't hear "hope" bull anymore... 

24 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If Reich remains all year, and we are sub 500, fans will drag the team all year. Media is joining now finally.

And tix sales will again suffer. Worse this time. Fans won't hear "hope" bull anymore... 

You think Irsay breaks character and makes changes mid season?

2 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

You think Irsay breaks character and makes changes mid season?

I wouldn't call it breaking character...

No GM wants to make changes in early season, or mid. But early is better mid lol... 

I'd guess Irsay wasn't 100% happy with Reich end of 2021 season... never know.. 

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I wouldn't call it breaking character...

No GM wants to make changes in early season, or mid. But early is better mid lol... 

I'd guess Irsay wasn't 100% happy with Reich end of 2021 season... never know.. 

By character break I mean he has never done it before. This feels different though. Slow starts have been a normal thing under Reich and everyone knew we would pull it together. This time im not sure.

2 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

By character break I mean he has never done it before. This feels different though. Slow starts have been a normal thing under Reich and everyone knew we would pull it together. This time im not sure.

Very few owners/GMs do. 

Slow starts. And a horrible end last season. 

So agree, different. 

It's going to take time to do 'due dilligence' in finding a good HC. Reich was a panic mode selection. Hope we don't make that mistake again.

But the whole organization needs to do some deep soul searching. Trashcan the cheesy pop psychology. Learn what it takes to make an excellent football team. We seem to be good at doing just the opposite.

Just now, CoachLite said:

It's going to take time to do 'due dilligence' in finding a good HC. Reich was a panic mode selection. Hope we don't make that mistake again.

But the whole organization needs to do some deep soul searching. Trashcan the cheesy pop psychology. Learn what it takes to make an excellent football team. We seem to be good at doing just the opposite.

Yup. 

Not in the 1st round (hire), and not early on 2nd round... 

It's why I want to start early.... 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. 

Not in the 1st round (hire), and not early on 2nd round... 

It's why I want to start early.... 

It's not a bad thing to have coordinators with different philosophies - people who will honestly challenge "the boss" for the betterment of the team. Don't just take their word for it, make them prove it.

Archived