Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The AFC South

danlhart87

2 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

2 games in and people are freaking out! There’s a lot of football to play. I wish people would just R-E-L-A-X

Its not just that we have lost and tied, its how terrible we have looked in the process, the only spark we have seen through two games was when Houston Texans defense (Maybe one of the worst in the league), took their foot off the gas and went into prevent.

15 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Its not just that we have lost and tied, its how terrible we have looked in the process, the only spark we have seen through two games was when Houston Texans defense (Maybe one of the worst in the league), took their foot off the gas and went into prevent.

It is that. If we looked good and just had bad luck or something on some plays that is one thing, But we got out coached and out played by them

5 minutes ago, IinD said:

I don't remember but if this trend continues for the South will it be worse than that stretch the NFC West had years ago where every team stunk??

What an Lol it would be too have a 6/7 game division winner.

Basically the 2020 nfc east lol.

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

Houston defense gave denver trouble to. It is their offense that is bad

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

2 games in and people are freaking out! There’s a lot of football to play. I wish people would just R-E-L-A-X

This and this division are why I said the Colts weren’t going to fire Reich regardless of what happened in the Jags game.  It’s just too soon.  Despite what some think the season is not over.

Should the Colts be hammered for how they played yesterday?  Without question.  Are there major alarm bells going off because there are major problems?  Yes.  Outside of one quarter vs the Texans has this team shown anyone any reason to have faith?  No.

Thats all true and that’s why I take no issue with anyone calling for peoples jobs or being angry or upset or questioning this team right now.  People have every reason to do so.  

With that said, and this is just speaking for me I am not going to tell others how to be a fan, I just want the Colts to win.  I don’t care if it’s with Chris Ballard and Frank Reich or with Ryan Grigson and Jim Bob Cooter.  So personally, I won’t pull against my team.  I watch every week hoping to see them play well and win.  If they don’t of course I want change and I have faith that Irsay will make that change happen if he needs too.  Still I want to see them win so rather it’s the current guys or news guys I don’t care.  So I just pull for my team.  Some seem to just want Frank and Ballard gone and if that means they have to lose to have that happens great.  I am sorry that’s just not me.  The goal is to win so if they win with Frank and Ballard who cares if they are winning?  

Now like I said before, the issue is right now they aren’t winning.  Again, all the criticism they are getting is fair and deserved.  If things continue and they don’t improve I fully expect and will support changes at the end of the year.  I’d expect Irsay to hit the rest button and blow it all up at the end of the year if things don’t improve.  

Still if they do get things turned around and start winning I’ll be happy because they are winning.  That’s just me but I get the feelings some here won’t be happy with that because they just want Frank and Ballard gone.  That’s fine they are entitled to feel that way and after the past four games I get why people may feel that way.  It’s just not me.  So personally I am hoping they figure it out and turn it around as they have in the past under Frank.  If you want my honest opinion as to will they?  Right now I’d have to say no they won’t and it’s a fools errand to hope they will.  However, to me welcome to being a fan of a team.  You are with them through thick and thin and sometimes that means hoping for things that are probably not going to happen.  

Again, not calling anyone out.  Not saying anyone has to think what I think or feel how I feel.  I fully get why people are mad and feel that’s all fair right now.  Just saying how I view things.  

I think the Jags are the team in our division, and not just for this season.. They have the Best QB in the division and he may progress up to Josh Allen, Burrows type of qb. And their HC is already a proven SB winner.

The Titans best days may be behind them if they can't run Henry like seasons past.. Tannehill is ok but not a QB you want to rely on every week to pass you to victory. But at least their fans can hope that uber talented Willis will develop to his potential and also throw his hat in the ring of outstanding AFC qbs in a couple years. 

Unfortunately for the colts, we don't have a potential future stud QB to possibly carry this franchise. (Unless you think it's Ehrlinger). We have a aging QB that has not looked good so far, but are depending on him to lead us to be competitive in a weak division for a year or two. 

That seems to be our window, to be competitive in our weak division for the next season or two( if Ryan pans out).

Outlook: I think the colts & titans will fight it out to be runner ups to the Jags. 

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think the Jags are the team in our division, and not just for this season.. They have the Best QB in the division and he may progress up to Josh Allen, Burrows type of qb. And their HC is already a proven SB winner.

The Titans best days may be behind them if they can't run Henry like seasons past.. Tannehill is ok but not a QB you want to rely on every week to pass you to victory. But at least their fans can hope that uber talented Willis will develop to his potential and also throw his hat in the ring of outstanding AFC qbs in a couple years. 

Unfortunately for the colts, we don't have a potential future stud QB to possibly carry this franchise. (Unless you think it's Ehrlinger). We have a aging QB that has not looked good so far, but are depending on him to lead us to be competitive in a weak division for a year or two. 

That seems to be our window, to be competitive in our weak division for the next season or two( if Ryan pans out).

Outlook: I think the colts & titans will fight it out to be runner ups to the Jags. 

Ehrlinger is the GOAT

2 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

That’s not really true though. We ran up and down the field on Houston. Had over 500 yards of offense. We just had very sloppy play that cost us points. Now the Jags game was a different story.

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think the Colts have the potential to be able to turn things around I just don’t have faith they will.  I hope I am wrong and they do though.

I think morale is LOW and Frank isn’t the type of a leader who can’t get the players believing again. The team captains are going to have to step up now. 

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

This and this division are why I said the Colts weren’t going to fire Reich regardless of what happened in the Jags game.  It’s just too soon.  Despite what some think the season is not over.

Should the Colts be hammered for how they played yesterday?  Without question.  Are there major alarm bells going off because there are major problems?  Yes.  Outside of one quarter vs the Texans has this team shown anyone any reason to have faith?  No.

Thats all true and that’s why I take no issue with anyone calling for peoples jobs or being angry or upset or questioning this team right now.  People have every reason to do so.  

With that said, and this is just speaking for me I am not going to tell others how to be a fan, I just want the Colts to win.  I don’t care if it’s with Chris Ballard and Frank Reich or with Ryan Grigson and Jim Bob Cooter.  So personally, I won’t pull against my team.  I watch every week hoping to see them play well and win.  If they don’t of course I want change and I have faith that Irsay will make that change happen if he needs too.  Still I want to see them win so rather it’s the current guys or news guys I don’t care.  So I just pull for my team.  Some seem to just want Frank and Ballard gone and if that means they have to lose to have that happens great.  I am sorry that’s just not me.  The goal is to win so if they win with Frank and Ballard who cares if they are winning?  

Now like I said before, the issue is right now they aren’t winning.  Again, all the criticism they are getting is fair and deserved.  If things continue and they don’t improve I fully expect and will support changes at the end of the year.  I’d expect Irsay to hit the rest button and blow it all up at the end of the year if things don’t improve.  

Still if they do get things turned around and start winning I’ll be happy because they are winning.  That’s just me but I get the feelings some here won’t be happy with that because they just want Frank and Ballard gone.  That’s fine they are entitled to feel that way and after the past four games I get why people may feel that way.  It’s just not me.  So personally I am hoping they figure it out and turn it around as they have in the past under Frank.  If you want my honest opinion as to will they?  Right now I’d have to say no they won’t and it’s a fools errand to hope they will.  However, to me welcome to being a fan of a team.  You are with them through thick and thin and sometimes that means hoping for things that are probably not going to happen.  

Again, not calling anyone out.  Not saying anyone has to think what I think or feel how I feel.  I fully get why people are mad and feel that’s all fair right now.  Just saying how I view things.  

I want to win. First priority! But I also want Frank and Ballard gone at the end of the season unless we make a DEEP playoff run. I just don’t believe they will get us anywhere. 

People keep looking at the Colts and Titans records and are just overlooking the Jags, they could be legit halfway decent if Trevor Lawrence takes that next step...

Granted, the Colts defences have always managed to have a knack for making even terrible QBs look hall of fame worthy  so let's take last Sundays performance with a grain of salt. My point is,  don't sleep on these Jags to take a terrible division crown if they can eek out 9 wins or so.

After week 3 I think the Colts may be at the bottom at 0-2-1.  

Houston has a chance to win against Chicago.   Titans have a chance at home against the Raiders.  I don't think the Jags will win at the Chargers.  I give the Colts almost no chance against the Chiefs.  

Thank Goodness we are in the AFC South. Listening to Grover this week, he has chaulked this loss as no big deal.  His attitude is that we will win the division and then life is good again. We are in the playoffs. He maybe right, so maybe we should just be "cool " about it until November/December. :woah:

16 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

This team has looked completely R E L A X E D so far. We have looked like an NFL team for exactly one quarter against 2 bad teams. And these two performances came after an emphasis on a quick start to the season. Now the schedule gets tougher .

On 9/19/2022 at 7:22 PM, danlhart87 said:

It's insane how bad this division is

Somebody could win it with 7 wins 

anchor man GIF

7 wins?   Not likely.   

8 wins?    Not likely. 

9 wins?    Probably more likely.   

A 17 game schedule is incredibly long.   Teams will get better.  And it’s likely that J’Ville is much better than many here think. 

4 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Of course.  They will struggle with playoff caliber teams.  Why I think they are a year or two off. They will be competing for the division soon.  Probably will win it at least a couple times over the next 7-8yrs. 

I really don't think so. Trevor isn't what he was supposed to be, and I'm not sure he ever will be. He and the Jags only look good against us for some insanely weird reason.

On 9/19/2022 at 10:36 PM, Nesjan3 said:

The afc south being bad is part of the problem , cause frank gonna win 6 games and the division is gonna be won with 7-8 wins and they gonna say we was close 1 game and we would win etc… and that buys frank another year 

5 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

We'll definitely miss the playoffs with Reich and his bonehead play calling.  If Reich still at the helm by end of the season, we'll be lucky to win 5 games... Take that to the bank..

You right on the dot , I think tbh the offense is more of a problem than the defense , cause when you turn the ball over 4-5 times a game what defense can with stand that. So far the turn over margin is nuts colts have what 1 turn over and turned it over 10 or so times approximately 

On 9/19/2022 at 10:36 PM, Nesjan3 said:

Granted, the play has been poor at times (I say “at times” because in both games, there were some plays that were well executed, i. e. tackles for loss from the defense).

I think what people are neglecting is that the issues can be corrected as the team plays together. 

Shaq coming back should help. The secondary needs to play with better technique (per Gus) because the teams are hitting “quick hitters”. The Oline may need to be shuffled (maybe Raimann at LT and Pryor at RG), or they may just need time together and to just play better.

Even if the Colts lose this game, they will be 0-2-1 and in the AFC South, they will be in the hunt. I just look for improvement as the season goes on. 

Archived