Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

possible solution

ruf

Activate Sam E if we are looking back at half time bring him in and let him play the 2nd half

here is why: if we are down it will be because of the Oline not opening holes up and the qb receiving too much pressure

Sam can run around some which will extend plays and help our wr's have a little more time to create space

also we just may get to see what we have in him in real time and if he is worth being on the 53 going forward

thoughts

I am not sure Ehlinger is the solution but I do agree that he has a skill set that could be incorporated. into our offensive scheme and we can insert him in certain situations. I am not sure Foiiles is needed so why not trade him and let Sam be the back up and use him for certain schemes. He would provide a dimension to the offense that could be useful

I like what I’ve seen from Sam but doesn’t mean it will translate to the real deal, but I like the idea. 

if I had my druthers, I’d give Frank and Matt 2 more weeks. If they don’t show big improvements in the next two games with being competitive in both and winning at least one of them, I would fire Frank and bench Matt.  I’d trade him if I could but if the next two weeks are anything like yesterday, he would next to nil. 

If that happens I start Sam. If he performs, great, gives us something to be excited about, if he stinks, fine, we will pick in the top 3-5 range and can draft a QB. Either way it gives us an answer at what we have at QB. A cheap QB gives us one year to eat the dead cap by moving on from our expensive underperformers and then the cap space to build around a young cheap QB of the future. 

If Frank and Matt are able to turn it around, Frank shows he can make needed adjustments and Matt is less pitiful, the. Maybe this season instant dead.  

but either way I’d give them 2 weeks. That gives them a chance to fix it against good AFC teams and if they can’t, gives us time to shop around any players we have that may have trade value to start our rebuild before the trade deadline. 

My desire is to see them turn it around the next two weeks and put us back into a competitive position, but if they don’t, that’s what I would do.  

1 hour ago, coltsfanej said:

I like what I’ve seen from Sam but doesn’t mean it will translate to the real deal, but I like the idea. 

if I had my druthers, I’d give Frank and Matt 2 more weeks. If they don’t show big improvements in the next two games with being competitive in both and winning at least one of them, I would fire Frank and bench Matt.  I’d trade him if I could but if the next two weeks are anything like yesterday, he would next to nil. 

If that happens I start Sam. If he performs, great, gives us something to be excited about, if he stinks, fine, we will pick in the top 3-5 range and can draft a QB. Either way it gives us an answer at what we have at QB. A cheap QB gives us one year to eat the dead cap by moving on from our expensive underperformers and then the cap space to build around a young cheap QB of the future. 

If Frank and Matt are able to turn it around, Frank shows he can make needed adjustments and Matt is less pitiful, the. Maybe this season instant dead.  

but either way I’d give them 2 weeks. That gives them a chance to fix it against good AFC teams and if they can’t, gives us time to shop around any players we have that may have trade value to start our rebuild before the trade deadline. 

My desire is to see them turn it around the next two weeks and put us back into a competitive position, but if they don’t, that’s what I would do.  

Not to defend Frank or Matt, but we should have won week 1. Do you think Ehlinger makes any difference last week being down 2 starting WRs with the O-line playing like garbage?

11 hours ago, FanOutOfTown said:

Not to defend Frank or Matt, but we should have won week 1. Do you think Ehlinger makes any difference last week being down 2 starting WRs with the O-line playing like garbage?

No, I don’t thing so. I doubt he’s an improvement. He may help with his mobility in dealing with the protection issues and that may help give receivers time to get open. That’s best case. It’s very possible that he’d be in over his head. 

my thought of making a switch in two weeks if we continue being pitiful is to hit the reset button, understanding we are not in position to compete right now and to plan for the future. 

I doubt Sam makes us better but it allows us to see what he’s got. And probably secure a top 5 pick.  I’d rather stink this year and clean house for a re-build than to scrape together 7 wins and continue down mediocrity road. 

im under no delusion of Sam being the QB of the future. But at least we could see if he could compete for the job next year or get a good pick.  

but my plan would only go into place if we continue to flounder the next two weeks. 

maybe Frank and Matt will get it figured out and be able to compete for the division. 

Archived