Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Match Up Better with KC

Nickster

than we do JAX.

The strength, cap allocation, and draft/trade capital of our team is in the lines.  

The reason we look so bad v. them is very simple.   Their lines are better than ours on both sides of the ball.  Period.

We will look better than this this year, and this week will be one of those weeks IMO.

I think we are going to get beat, but I don't think we will look godawful incompetent.

I will be there with my brother and 2 of our good friends having a good time. 

At least until the end of Q1 lol. 

2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

than we do JAX.

The strength, cap allocation, and draft/trade capital of our team is in the lines.  

The reason we look so bad v. them is very simple.   Their lines are better than ours on both sides of the ball.  Period.

We will look better than this this year, and this week will be one of those weeks IMO.

I think we are going to get beat, but I don't think we will look godawful incompetent.

0-2-1 doesn’t look so bad now. Enjoy the game. :thmup:

We are going to see what this team is made of this week. I questioned their heart yesterday and I don’t think I am the only one who feels that way.  They got embarrassed Sunday and are going to be dragged through the ringer this week as they should.  A team with any heart and pride will respond Sunday with a much better performance.  If they don’t buckle up it’s going to be a long year headed towards a rebuild from top to bottom.

8 minutes ago, Nickster said:

than we do JAX.

How is Kelce doing this year?  Last year, I thought he showed some signs of coming off his peak.  

I think we got dominated the last time we played them.  And Mahommes doesn't seem to have a problem with Gus' defense.

Did we block Chris Jones last time?

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

After all my bellyaching, and complaining - I really do think we have a good shot to beat the Chiefs.  

Contain PM.  Our run defense is decent.  Their receivers (while better than ours, minus MPJ) aren't elite.  Their D isn't great.

Colts win.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

17 minutes ago, Nickster said:

than we do JAX.

Normally I agree with you Nickster, but not on this one.  I think KC is going to show us how done Stephon Gilmore is next week. 

So, are we going to be the Titans of the Manning years counting “almost wins” and “happy we were competitive against an elite team”???

Is that the new bar we are setting? I’m fine with that because that’s the track we’re heading towards. :dunno:

Rebecca Wisocky Reaction GIF by CBS

25 minutes ago, DougDew said:

How is Kelce doing this year?  Last year, I thought he showed some signs of coming off his peak.  

I think we got dominated the last time we played them.  And Mahommes doesn't seem to have a problem with Gus' defense.

Did we block Chris Jones last time?

Dominant.  Taking up slack for Hill's departure it looks like. 

Doug come on man, I'm trying to be positive here.   

I bet we don't get shut out and beat by more than 23.5 pts.  lol.  We will look competitive at some point during the game. 

4 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Man, the boos are going to be loud Sunday. 

Only if we go down 31-7 or 42-10 etc. but I feel we will be competitive to the extent of 17-27 or something like that at home, an “almost win”.

We have to remember - Jaguars beat the Bills at home last year too. That’s why pouring it out on Wentz was knee jerk, IMO.

7 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I bet we don't get shut out and beat by more than 23.5 pts.  lol.  We will look competitive at some point during the game. 

Yep.  And then the coin toss will be complete.

9 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Our pass rush seems to show up more against KC.  And we never really gave up the big play to Hill, who isn't even here anymore.

And we can probably run right at Jones.  If we get Pitt and AP back, the offense should look better.  

Stay positive and enjoy the game.

9 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Colts won in KC the last time we played, with Jacoby handing off to Mack all game 

Yeah, I felt our OL was better then with Castanzo in it in 2019. Also, Mahomes’ ankle got rolled on by his OL guy, so his trademark movements outside the pocket were limited after a half.

37 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He's having an okay year, but he's not as dominant as he once was. Against the Cardinals he had 120+ yards and 1 TD and was really good. Against the Chargers he was relatively quiet with 57 yards 0 TDs (I have him on my fantasy team). 

31 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Hmm.  I remember that game.  It was when Mahommes had an ankle?  I thought we played them since.   Maybe not.  

IIRC, both of his ankles were jacked up. 

Brissett threw for like 30 yds. in the 2nd half and people were lauding his "game management" skills lol. 

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

After all my bellyaching, and complaining - I really do think we have a good shot to beat the Chiefs.  

Contain PM.  Our run defense is decent.  Their receivers (while better than ours, minus MPJ) aren't elite.  Their D isn't great.

Colts win.

I agree.  Their defense isn’t great.  Rookies in the secondary.  If Leonard, Pittman and Pierce play I think we match up well.  Hopefully Rodgers sees the field this week.  He’s a playmaker.

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

He's having an okay year, but he's not as dominant as he once was. Against the Cardinals he had 120+ yards and 1 TD and was really good. Against the Chargers he was relatively quiet with 57 yards 0 TDs (I have him on my fantasy team). 

Derwin James was mainly limiting Kelce that last game. He’ll probably be fine against our soft zone defense

Looking at the Chargers KC game, KC's rebuilt Oline completely shutdown Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack.

Chris Jones on their DL was unblockable and gave Justin Herbert fractured ribs.

I have a feeling Matt may have a long day if something drastic doesn't happen soon.

Matt Ryan after the game...

cast GIF

Archived