Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

it is now time to consider this change

ruf

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

You can't evaluate the oline properly under these conditions.  Defenses will stack the box and attack the oline and Qb until the offense makes them pay for that.  No oline would hold up under that level of constant attack.   And the LBs and DBs crash down on the receivers when they are also not attacking the LOS.

How do you make them pay?  Throw more vertical routes to our fast Receivers and TEs?

Gets to the heart of the issue - outside of Pittman we do not have the offensive weapons on the outside to force any defense to not pin their ears back and stuff the run and load the box to take away the short passing game. Has been the issue, is still the issue, and has not been properly addressed despite the obvious and blatant exposure.

19 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Gets to the heart of the issue - outside of Pittman we do not have the offensive weapons on the outside to force any defense to not pin their ears back and stuff the run and load the box to take away the short passing game. Has been the issue, is still the issue, and has not been properly addressed despite the obvious and blatant exposure.

They dont use the weapons right strachan should have been targeted before the 4th quarter. Parris needs to do more. Pierce needs to be good when he comes back

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

They dont use the weapons right strachan should have been targeted before the 4th quarter. Parris needs to do more. Pierce needs to be good when he comes back

Paris needs to be released.  Unless he beats someone with straight speed that dude can’t run a route and get open to save his life.  I know brining TY back isn’t going to help that much but I would honestly cut Paris and sign TY after today.  At least TY knows how to run a route.

Unfortunately it's the same problems that colts had last year. LT is unresolved and WRs are non-existent outside of Pitt. You can't just expect rookies to come in day one and fix one of the biggest needs on a football team. Now I'm not calling for Reich and Ballard to be fired, but there needs to be accountability. You can't go winless going up against two of the top three worst teams from last year even if their in your division. The whole they know what you like to do goes both ways.

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’d take Fisher over Pryor in a heartbeat. If anyone says anything different, then they need their head scanned. I’ll die on that hill. 

Yeah Fisher might have been better by Pryor but Fisher was also a major issue in pass protection.  I’d play the rookie Raimann and see if he can be your answer at LT.  He’s been pretty good in his limited action.

15 minutes ago, Stephen said:

All are unproven, which is Why this team could have used a “Bridge” veteran receiver. I hope they all excel. Today, except for the Offensive PI in the Red Zone, Paris was a ghost. I would also like to see more targets to Strachan.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

You can't evaluate the oline properly under these conditions.  Defenses will stack the box and attack the oline and Qb until the offense makes them pay for that.  No oline would hold up under that level of constant attack.   And the LBs and DBs crash down on the receivers when they are also not attacking the LOS.

How do you make them pay?  Throw more vertical routes to our fast Receivers and TEs?

We can evaluate them, because Pryor and Smith are getting their * beat, straight-up.

Kelly forgot how to play C and can’t pick up simple line games and blitzes anymore.  

The OL’s underperformance has been shocking to me.

3 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

We can evaluate them, because Pryor and Smith are getting their * beat, straight-up.

Kelly forgot how to play C and can’t pick up simple line games and blitzes anymore.  

4 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Yeah, What is up with Kelly. I was very surprised he was selected for the Pro Bowl last year. I thought he did not play well last year, and is off to a bad start this year. Appears to be in a rapid decline. Another player Ballard opened the vault for at the time he resigned.

5 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

Well, Pryor usually played well enough as a backup last season.  But not much at LT.  I think he got put in that position by default.  It should come as a surprise to nobody that he’s struggling.

I still think the mistake was made several years ago by not drafting somebody to play behind AC for a year or two.

Hindsight is always 20/20…..AC retired too soon and much like Luck didn’t give the front office a lot of notice. I don’t blame them for thinking that they still had a couple years before tackling that issue.

6 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

.AC retired too soon and much like Luck didn’t give the front office a lot of notice.

His last contract was signed after he publicly contemplated retirement, right after his friend, Andrew Luck retired.  When he did retire, it was before the draft and FA period.  Ballard had a long runway to find a replacement.

The same thing goes for TY.  His production was tailing off during the Rivers season, if not before that. 

8 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Hindsight is always 20/20…..AC retired too soon and much like Luck didn’t give the front office a lot of notice. I don’t blame them for thinking that they still had a couple years before tackling that issue.

He gave them a full years notice he was thinking about it and going to do it soon.  When he did retire he did it near the start of the off-season not after a pre-season game.  Couldn’t be more different from Luck if he tried.

2 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

They successfully begged him to come back for one last season.

Yes, you are right I do recall that now....

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

His last contract was signed after he publicly contemplated retirement, right after his friend, Andrew Luck retired.  When he did retire, it was before the draft and FA period.  Ballard had a long runway to find a replacement.

The same thing goes for TY.  His production was tailing off during the Rivers season, if not before that. 

You are correct, I do remember the please come back mantra

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He gave them a full years notice he was thinking about it and going to do it soon.  When he did retire he did it near the start of the off-season not after a pre-season game.  Couldn’t be more different from Luck if he tried.

You are right, I remember the one year begged for it contract now!

12 hours ago, chrisbeldridge said:

He’s already getting paid left tackle money.  That’s where he needs to play.

that is true and they really need to consider it after another beat down by the jags.

if we don't make necessary changes and they beat us at home idk at this point if we lose every other game this year i don't care  i just want them to beat the heck out of the jags

My only problem with making a change after 2 games is this:  If we make a change, swap all these guys around, and the next two games the O-line stinks it up, is it time to change again?

O line really needs to work as a unit and it can take time to get it together. 

I am not saying that is why they stunk things up because they really looked bad.  I just want to make sure we are not heading into a musical chairs panic swap.  I am willing to give them a few more games.

7 minutes ago, gspdx said:

My only problem with making a change after 2 games is this:  If we make a change, swap all these guys around, and the next two games the O-line stinks it up, is it time to change again?

O line really needs to work as a unit and it can take time to get it together. 

I am not saying that is why they stunk things up because they really looked bad.  I just want to make sure we are not heading into a musical chairs panic swap.  I am willing to give them a few more games.

you make a good point BUT some change has to be made, for example: Smith will be better at RG than Pinter (that change needs to happen now) Smith is getting beat too often at RT.

so if that happens then you need a new RT--Maybe Dennis Kelly or move Pryor from LT to RT and go with the Rookie at LT (and hive him some help with the TE)

now that would give us our 3 better players in the Center of the line which should help our qb with more time and the space to step up into

30 minutes ago, ruf said:

you make a good point BUT some change has to be made, for example: Smith will be better at RG than Pinter (that change needs to happen now) Smith is getting beat too often at RT.

so if that happens then you need a new RT--Maybe Dennis Kelly or move Pryor from LT to RT and go with the Rookie at LT (and hive him some help with the TE)

now that would give us our 3 better players in the Center of the line which should help our qb with more time and the space to step up into

I hear you.  

I am concerned about Smith.  Seems like he is struggling.  

And Pryor is Pryor.  I think what we have is what we have.

22 hours ago, ruf said:

Q at LT 

Pryor at RT

kelly at C

Smith at RG

and the best of who is left at LG

yea yea yea they have already said Q will not play LT well they also said they liked the depth at WR and the Oline was good and the D will improve the pass rush etc.

Review  their last 4 games. Ballard and Reich....gone

2 hours ago, gspdx said:

I hear you.  

I am concerned about Smith.  Seems like he is struggling.  

And Pryor is Pryor.  I think what we have is what we have.

I think with Smith you need to see if he’s adjusting to not having help like he’s had in the past.  Unfortunately that’s going to take time.  I refuse to believe he went from being one of the most underrated tackles in football to not able to play tackle in one season.  Something is up there.

On 9/18/2022 at 9:13 PM, DougDew said:

I'm looking at it from the standpoint of why was the oline better 4 years ago?

OL was good at the end where Luck couldn't take anymore.

But the coaching where it took place of the OL going to crap I don't know. Who is at the helm of this team? Irsay? Frank? Ballard?

But it is * right now! Plain and simple...

On 9/19/2022 at 5:19 PM, GoColts8818 said:

I think with Smith you need to see if he’s adjusting to not having help like he’s had in the past.  Unfortunately that’s going to take time.  I refuse to believe he went from being one of the most underrated tackles in football to not able to play tackle in one season.  Something is up there.

if its going to take time to fix whatever the problem is we could have more problems like injuries at qb or worst rb.

move him to RG and try one of the other T's maybe Dennis Kelly or the Rookie couldn't be worst

Archived