Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

it is now time to consider this change

ruf

Q at LT 

Pryor at RT

kelly at C

Smith at RG

and the best of who is left at LG

yea yea yea they have already said Q will not play LT well they also said they liked the depth at WR and the Oline was good and the D will improve the pass rush etc.

4 minutes ago, ruf said:

Q at LT 

Pryor at RT

kelly at C

Smith at RG

yea yea yea they have already said Q will not play LT well they also said they liked the depth at WR and the Oline was good and the D will improve the pass rush etc.

He would instantly want a new contract. :lol:

Pryor at RG. Pinter does not have the size to play guard in the NFL. Let him be the backup at center and the tackle positions. I think the reason Smith is looking so bad this year is he has no help on the inside. In the past he had Glow and Reed on his left. We miss both those guys. Don't know if Raimann is the answer at LT, but Pryor isn't. We have an immobile 37 year old QB who needs to be protected. 5 sacks, 5 hits and 8 hurries is not protection. Everyone has seen our line cannot protect him. Expect to see a lot of pressure going forward. The playbook has been written other coaches will read it.

Just now, FRW said:

Pryor at RG. Pinter does not have the size to play guard in the NFL. Let him be the backup at center and the tackle positions. I think the reason Smith is looking so bad this year is he has no help on the inside. In the past he had Glow and Reed on his left. We miss both those guys. Don't know if Raimann is the answer at LT, but Pryor isn't. We have an immobile 37 year old QB who needs to be protected. 5 sacks, 5 hits and 8 hurries is not protection. Everyone has seen our line cannot protect him. Expect to see a lot of pressure going forward. The playbook has been written other coaches will read it.

You 100% right , if Matt gonna get killed anyway let the rookie play to see what he has put Pryor at rg he is to slow footed to play tackle , Pinter is to weak to play rg and kelly has been horrible in the middle a lot of them game and stunts kelly wasn’t getting back to block the man, time to move on tbh 

2 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Did not think Pryor would do a great job at LT. There were a lot of Pryor fans on here too if you recheck post history.

Well, Pryor usually played well enough as a backup last season.  But not much at LT.  I think he got put in that position by default.  It should come as a surprise to nobody that he’s struggling.

I still think the mistake was made several years ago by not drafting somebody to play behind AC for a year or two.

10 minutes ago, FRW said:

So begs the question. Why did we not resign Glow or Reed? 

There's a lot too be considered. But revaluation should be done at end of season. I'm not disagreeing with you. But if these coaches thought this was going to be a issue they probably would have made these moves in training camp. JMO

Hard for teams too make these moves after season starts, but it can be done. Do I see it being done, nope they already think they got it figured out. Even when they probably don't. 

This team may make a run like last year, I will be shocked completely, if they do.. To much of same ole plays and teams are already ready for them just watching game films. Yawn, yeah boring team for sure...

28 minutes ago, ruf said:

Q at LT 

Pryor at RT

kelly at C

Smith at RG

Who would’ve thought a guy traded for an 8th round pick on roster cut down day isn’t a a viable left tackle. SMH. I really thought Ballard was the real deal. I was wrong 

You can't evaluate the oline properly under these conditions.  Defenses will stack the box and attack the oline and Qb until the offense makes them pay for that.  No oline would hold up under that level of constant attack.   And the LBs and DBs crash down on the receivers when they are also not attacking the LOS.

How do you make them pay?  Throw more vertical routes to our fast Receivers and TEs?

Just now, Maniac53 said:

They are out there for every team to get but he is to busy spending money elsewhere. This team should have been spending everything on protecting Luck. Waited a little too late on that move...

He preaches games are won in the trenches and I believe that. But it would help if he was actually good at drafting for the trenches. His best pick OL pickup was a Nelson. That was a no brainer talent wise even though I don't agree with taking a guard that high. His best D line pick up was Buckner a already proven talent.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

You can't evaluate the oline properly under these conditions.  Defenses will stack the box and attack the oline and Qb until the offense makes them pay for that.  No oline would hold up under that level of constant attack.   And the LBs and DBs crash down on the receivers when they are also not attacking the LOS.

How do you make them pay?  Throw more vertical routes to our fast Receivers and TEs?

Which ones of these do we have? Who are they??

7 minutes ago, FuedinHatfield said:

He preaches games are won in the trenches and I believe that. But it would help if he was actually good at drafting for the trenches. His best pick OL pickup was a Nelson. That was a no brainer talent wise even though I don't agree with taking a guard that high. His best D line pick up was Buckner a already proven talent.

Absolutely 100% agree on what you said, I don't agree with the money they gave Nelson but it's not coming out of my checking. lol

Comparing 2022 roster, these were the olinemen and some other offensive players from the 2018 10-6 season.  It had some holes back then too.  But we also had tons of cap space?

Andrew Luck.

Anthony Castonzo

Quenton Nelson

Braden Smith

Ryan Kelly

Mark Glowinski

Joe Haeg

Danzelle Good

LeRaven Clark

TY Hilton

Chester Rogers

Dontrelle Inman

Ryan Grant

Eric Ebron

Jack Doyle

Mo-AllieCox

Marlon Mack

Nyhem Hines

Adam Vinateri

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Comparing 2022 roster, these were the olinemen and some other offensive players from the 2018 10-6 season.  It had some holes back then too.  But we also had tons of cap space?

Andrew Luck.

Anthony Castonzo

Quenton Nelson

Braden Smith

Ryan Kelly

Mark Glowinski

Joe Haeg

Danzelle Good

LeRaven Clark

TY Hilton

Chester Rogers

Dontrelle Inman

Ryan Grant

Eric Ebron

Jack Doyle

Mo-AllieCox

Marlon Mack

Nyhem Hines

Adam Vinateri

So we look decent on paper as every year, but play like powder puff on the field? Plus it took them like 6 years before getting Luck this kinda help..  Move along

6 minutes ago, Maniac53 said:

So we look decent on paper as every year, but play like powder puff on the field? Plus it took them like 6 years before getting Luck this kinda help..  Move along

Frankly, I think we looked better on paper then than compared to now.  The oline certainly did.

Archived