Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Replace reich with John Fox ?

fire cartier

John Fox is an American football coach and former player who is a senior defensive assistant for the Indianapolis Colts. He was the head coach of the Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos and Chicago Bears of the National Football League. He coached the Panthers to Super Bowl XXXVIII and the Broncos to Super Bowl XLVIII.

1 minute ago, fire cartier said:

John Fox is an American football coach and former player who is a senior defensive assistant for the Indianapolis Colts. He was the head coach of the Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos and Chicago Bears of the National Football League. He coached the Panthers to Super Bowl XXXVIII and the Broncos to Super Bowl XLVIII.

And he got fired every where he went 

14 minutes ago, FuedinHatfield said:

" I just hope we can win a game" fits right now.

You know what’s sad, I said 0-17 as a Joke in the last pre season prediction thread, usually I say 17-0… looks like this year I could be very close to actually getting one right

2 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

The only reason to replace Reich with Fox is that he's In House.  It's not that he's an amazing coach.  He's just here already.  This isn't about a coaching search.  Let's say it:  This is about punishment for abject failure.

Not a fan of this idea. We (the Colts) need better means of evaluating potential coaches (and maybe other aspects of football, too). We don't have the skills in house.

Just now, csmopar said:

Yeah true.   But my point stands, I’m not sure we win a game with Reich at the helm. 

Our GMS from previous era forced QB early retirement looks like after today I would not be surprised if Ryan retires also

I just can't believe how badly Smith can suck after playing so well his rookie contract. I wonder was it Glow that was working out with him or is Pinter really struggling along with him. I am surprised we did not shuffle around our LG moved to LT to maybe keep Ryan up but I think most pressure applied to him was right side so maybe moved Pryor to right side and try Raimann or Nelson as LT when we were struggling that bad. I mean adjust during the game.

30 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Gotten a Free Pass.  He is so arrogant with his cheap FA purchases and not thinking needed WR; even Julio Jones would have been helpful with Matt. 

the offensive coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles when they won their first Super Bowl title in Super Bowl LII, he was not the head coach

I don’t think an interim coach is going to help especially when your options are Fox and Bradley.  Bradley was some how worse than Frank today and Fox isn’t going to help the offense and turning the offense over to an OC who hasn’t called plays at the NFL level with no other coach with that experience on the staff I think will make things worse actually.

3 hours ago, fire cartier said:

Can Fox rush the passer? Can he cover a wr? Can he block the opposing Dline? Can he create seperation? If yes to all three then I am for it. I think making that move does little. Let's not forget, this D is not exactly lighting it up. I think he has more talent on D to work with than Frank has on the offence.

12 minutes ago, krunk said:

Yeah and his OC were always run heavy.  I don't believe Fox will do a darn thing.

I voted for Frank to stick around for the season. But I don’t think Fox is as bad as you make him out to be. Peyton and Mike McCoy did their thing on their way to Peyton’s historical year with 55 TDs, that’s all and he obviously forced Peyton to “run a lot”. :scratch: Plus the year with Jake Delhomme with Muhsin Muhammad and Steve Smith, their offense was balanced. He was also quick to adapt with Tim Tebow to do what Tebow did best.

If anything, he adapts well. Peyton chose Broncos because of Fox, not because of Elway.

11 hours ago, krunk said:

John Fox is a worse offensive mind than Reich and he loves to run the football more than Reich does.

The offense would be worse. 

Although I am not in the Fox camp by a mile I chuckled at this because I thought How could it be worse.......

17 hours ago, fire cartier said:

Nice wikipedia page

18 hours ago, fire cartier said:

Two Super Bowls two different teams.  Looks like he would be an upgrade to me.

Archived