Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Maybe McDaniels knew something?

Moosejawcolt

We all critisize McDaniels for bolting but maybe he knew something ? Maybe all those conversations he had with Ballard on how he wanted to build this team scared him? Know doubt Bill had a heart to heart with him. He probably told him u r handing your future to a 1st time GM. Maybe McDaniels  confided to Blill and he warned him to stay away? No more apologists please. This is a 5 year build and wow.....just wow. Our defensive players are getting older and out top offensive player is a guard and a rb. I have been criticized at length for my views. I drank the  Kool aid this year and now I feel like a fool. It's just a mess. Irsay has to dump someone.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

We all critisize McDaniels for bolting but maybe he knew something ? Maybe all those conversations he had with Ballard on how he wanted to build this team scared him? Know doubt Bill had a heart to heart with him. He probably told him u r handing your future to a 1st time GM. Maybe McDaniels  confided to Blill and he warned him to stay away? No more apologists please. This is a 5 year build and wow.....just wow. Our defensive players are getting older and out top offensive player is a guard and a rb. I have been criticized at length for my views. I drank the  Kool aid this year and now I feel like a fool. It's just a mess. Irsay has to dump someone.

It’s a mess the GM has constructed over not 5, but 6 years. 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Its a non serious comment in a less than serious thread.  No need to be logical here.......

non serious? I can assure you moosejaw is serious in what he is saying, also your comment has no indication of humor or sarcasm. Really, Luck shouldn't even be getting brought up. This team is far removed from him, and Reich & co are to blame. 

12 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

non serious? I can assure you moosejaw is serious in what he is saying, also your comment has no indication of humor or sarcasm. Really, Luck shouldn't even be getting brought up. This team is far removed from him, and Reich & co are to blame. 

Moose is saying that McDaniels knew what was coming.  Its not a stretch to think Luck corroborated that observation.  I'm not saying its remotely true, but if McD thought it, there is no reason to think Luck didn't too.

Just now, DougDew said:

Moose is saying that McDaniels knew what was coming.  Its not a stretch to think Luck corroborated that observation.  I'm not saying its remotely true, but if McD thought it, there is no reason to think Luck didn't too.

so you are serious then?

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

And you don’t think the take from the OP is bad?

Dear God…….    :facepalm:

I don't think it's that far off. Obviously Daniels saw something he didn't agree, or like. The other possibility is that he simply wanted to run it back with NE. Both things are irrelevant, and unimportant to be discussing. However, with all of the coach and GM talk, its definitely more relvant than talking about Luck, and if you can't see that, you might want to eat some Carrots. 

45 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

He knew Luck was on the edge and kinda turning into a shellshocked basket case.

8 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I don't think it's that far off. Obviously Daniels saw something he didn't agree, or like. The other possibility is that he simply wanted to run it back with NE. Both things are irrelevant, and unimportant to be discussing. However, with all of the coach and GM talk, its definitely more relvant than talking about Luck, and if you can't see that, you might want to eat some Carrots. 

As Doug said in his last post, he gave a nonsense answer to a nonsense wild guess.    Not sure if you know, but Moose is on record as saying Frank is NOT the problem, Ballard is.

So building a wild guess idea to try and support that belief doesn’t make it true.   Simple answers to complex problems are rarely true.  

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

As Doug said in his last post, he gave a nonsense answer to a nonsense wild guess.    Not sure if you know, but Moose is on record as saying Frank is NOT the problem, Ballard is.

So building a wild guess idea to try and support that belief doesn’t make it true.   Simple answers to complex problems are rarely true.  

regardless of any of that, the comment about Luck is just as abrurd. We can agree on that. i never said i agree with moosejaw, im just tired of people bringing Luck up, as if it has anything to do with the severe incompetence of this team

Its a stretch. I can see how dots can be connected but I think it’s weak.  Ballard has proven over and over he will listen his coaches and get the players they want.  

McDaniels didn’t come bc going to the Colts was sleeping with the enemy. Maybe he knew something was up about Luck wanting to quit as well.  He is in a good spot in Las Vegas and should do well with Carr at QB. I have no hard feelings about him backing out.  He decided it wasn’t best for him and I can respect that. The NFL is a job, fans seem to forget that all the time. 

53 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I agree... this is a serious point you brought up. Many in the fanbase have to DEMAND changes.

42 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

good, cause its a bad take. 

Well, if you're anti-Frank and pro Ballard, you can look at the Luck situation as him realizing that he didn't want to play under this system...dink and dunk when he liked to hold the ball and chuck it,  See, it can relate to what Moose was saying, if you want to even entertain the idea in the first place.

12 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Ballard has proven over and over he will listen his coaches and get the players they want.  

Of course he does,  AFTER he hires the coach with the known scheme.  He hired Flus before Frank., and then hired Flus 2.0.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Well, if you're anti-Frank and pro Ballard, you can look at the Luck situation as him realizing that he didn't want to play under this system...dink and dunk when he liked to hold the ball and chuck it,  See, it can relate to what Moose was saying, if you want to even entertain the idea in the first place.

Of course he does,  AFTER he hires the coach with the known scheme.  He hired Flus before Frank., and then hired Flus 2.0.

I'm not necessarily pro ballard either, but i don't think he's as bad as Frank. 

People wanna say grigson-pagano

in my mind, Pagano actually accomplished far more than Reich

Whereas Grigson was way worse than Ballard has been. But then of course there's the argument that both GMS really had one good draft each. Either way, Frank's playcalling is awful. No way around that. 

22 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Kinda, wouldnt Flus be Gus 2.0?  

I always thought it was odd that the GM was picking the defensive scheme.  I understand wanting 4-3 vs 3-4.  Anyways, our coaching staff has been an odd duck since the beginning.  If that is Ballard’s responsibility then that is on him. I honestly don’t know. I don’t know who or what is to blame, so far it doesn’t seem to be working.  Kind of sad bc I thought we had potential to be impressive.  Wouldn’t surprise me if we are blown out the next few games. 

1 hour ago, AustinnKaine said:

I'm not necessarily pro ballard either, but i don't think he's as bad as Frank. 

People wanna say grigson-pagano

in my mind, Pagano actually accomplished far more than Reich

Whereas Grigson was way worse than Ballard has been. But then of course there's the argument that both GMS really had one good draft each. Either way, Frank's playcalling is awful. No way around that. 

Grigson Pagano  Ballard Reich.  Luck or not.  Its always been a chicken or the egg kind of an argument.  I don't think one is to blame more than the other, but it seems like the forum always comes up with one over the other.

6 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

The only thing McDaniels probably got wind of was that Andrew Luck was thinking about retiring. He didn’t want to take a team without a franchise QB. So he took his chances and peaced out. 

So then why go to Vegas? They have been flirting with the idea of ditching Carr for the past 3 years. He’s not exactly a franchise guy either.

9 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

By saying no more apologists please you sound like a far left or far right political antagonist! 

The roster is fine and has talent at every level and that is a fact…..

There is something missing though…..there seems to be no fire or passion in the locker room. Whatever message the Coaching staff is putting out is no longer resonating in that locker room….

It needs a different voice….

6 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

By saying no more apologists please you sound like a far left or far right political antagonist! 

The roster is fine and has talent at every level and that is a fact…..

There is something missing though…..there seems to be no fire or passion in the locker room. Whatever message the Coaching staff is putting out is no longer resonating in that locker room….

It needs a different voice….

Ha.???? They just got beat 24-0 to a team who had the 1st pick in thr draft. The 1st pick in the draft. A game they needed to at least show up for.

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If that is Moose's take, then I am on board with him.

This team has personnel issues.  That is the issue.  Frank can go.  It doesn't make any difference.

NCF.  You are and have been just very, very wrong about what has been happening with this org.   

This is an exceedingly poorly constructed team with money tied up in unimportant positions.  It is going to be hard to rebuild this club, because we have been a high floor, low ceiling team, and I fully expect us to win somewhere in the range of I'd say 7-9 games and ruin our draft slot on a very slowly sinking ship.   We are worse of than being a bad club because we are currently in a cycle of the Hell of Mediocrity which is something I've discussed for a while now.  

We match up better v. KC than JAX.  They maul us on the lines. 

14 hours ago, DougDew said:

Grigson Pagano  Ballard Reich.  Luck or not.  Its always been a chicken or the egg kind of an argument.  I don't think one is to blame more than the other, but it seems like the forum always comes up with one over the other.

Yes. We're right back to this same argument again just like with Grigson and Pagano. For some reason this forum is a "pick a side" type of forum, where one aspect gets blamed more than the other. 

This was a team failure from top to bottom, just like back in January. 

Man, the gun pointin crowd has decided that there are never enough targets to sight on. 

It's obvious there are issues, Some are self inflicted, some are bad fortune. All all fixable. After decades of rooting for any team, I have learned to relax. 

Personally, I couldn't give a rat's behind about what McBackout feels or doesn't feel. The man is weak in commitment. 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Ha.???? They just got beat 24-0 to a team who had the 1st pick in thr draft. The 1st pick in the draft. A game they needed to at least show up for.

A team that fired their coach last year because he lost the team......the team was not as bad as the number one pick talent wise and neither is it now after an off-season of moving on from Urban Meyer.....

Coach Reich has lost his voice in that locker room.....could be for using Wentz as a scapegoat? Could be for using Blankenship as a scapegoat? Could be for his ridiculous play calling that leaves points on the field and losses on gameday?

The roster is talented enough to win......

19 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Well, it doesn't take a Einstein to know if someone wants to be highly successful, the colts aren't the best team to hook up with. haha

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Moose, you need to learn how to think without bias. You start your thinking process at a conclusion and work your way backwards, and its obvious thats what you do. And this thread is a prime example.

Josh McDaniels accepted the job after meeting with Chris Ballard and ownership. Then, he changed his mind after the fact. I dont know what the exact reason for that was, but it obviously wasnt his meeting with Ballard or he wouldnt have accepted the job in the first place.

But to you its evidence of something you already believe. There is absolutely no logical reason for your conclusion. The Patriots actually hold a similar philosphy to the Colts and always have. They build in the trenches and plug in skill players. They constantly let top corners walk. They dont even draft very well. They have rarely had good receivers during Belichicks long tenure. 

10 hours ago, FanOutOfTown said:

So then why go to Vegas? They have been flirting with the idea of ditching Carr for the past 3 years. He’s not exactly a franchise guy either.

Carr is a franchise QB. The idea of ditching Carr was more of a gruff with Gruden. I’m sure McDaniels liked what he saw from Carr. 

Archived