1. 1. SHOULD REICH BE FIRED?

• YES RIGHT NOW
    • YES BUT AT THE END OF THE SEASON
    • NO

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I agree with you. but even with a better playcaller all you'd see is average WR play. Which we didn't get today, what we saw today was awful, but damn there all those receivers are avaerage at best. 

That's assumption of opinion.

Are WRs are big and fast. They are not supposed to be used as blocking short yardage passing.

That short pass this game i don't know if it was called that much. Going to have to watch game again. 

I got to upset and left game and watched RedZone.

Play calling as been a question for everyone though whether this game or games in the past.

Definitely agree with you at play calling, Frank doesn't want to give up play calling that's why he hired Brady. C'mon now 

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

My point, is it's hard to judge given usage and play calling. 

IMO, not fair on some guys... to be fair, I'd prefer to see them with a new caller. 

Sorry. Ds know how to play vs Reich. 

Predictable. 

Yes I agree with that. If that was your point I misunderstood.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Disagree. I'm not making that jump. 

It's like blaming the food, when you know the cook is awful lol.. 

we'll have to agree to disagree.

Patmon

Starachan 

Dulin

Campbell

Is just not enough to get it done in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, fire cartier said:

see fox has won 2 sb,s  , reich  zero.

He won two Super Bowls? As a head coach?  I thought it was one but regardless, I do like Fox. I remember him from quite a while ago when he was the D Coor of the Giants.  He was the head coach of the Panthers when they went to the Super Bowl with Jake DelHomme at QB, but they lost that game to the Pats, I believe. 

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

we'll have to agree to disagree.

Patmon

Starachan 

Dulin

Campbell

Is just not enough to get it done in the NFL. 

Not saying any of them will be good/great.

Saying we won't know until see another play caller. 

It's like some were meh on Autry and Houston in Indy.... Then played somewhere else, and did better (much).... 

Just now, EastStreet said:

Not saying any of them will be good/great.

Saying we won't know until see another play caller. 

It's like some were meh on Autry and Houston in Indy.... Then played somewhere else, and did better (much).... 

I hear what you're saying. But as of right now, my belief is that most of them, if not all of them, are average at best. I do have a good feeling about 17, and 14. They both are basically rookies and need time though. 

Time to fire Reich immediately! I was on board that if we lost this game, he needed to go. I had us losing by 2 touchdowns in the predictions thread. Even I didn't think we'd get shut out. Time to fire this pathetic excuse of a coach before he makes this organization an even bigger laughing stock. Hire Fox or Bradley as the interim HC and see if the season is salvageable. We are the joke of the NFL right now, and no other team is even close.

32 minutes ago, Introspect said:

Some here believed Hines would get 15 touches... the man got 6.

I will repeat.. I HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN FRANKS PLAY CALLING.

If the franchise is not careful... TAYLOR WILL LEAVE and PITTMAN WILL ALSO. Players want to compete for titles. This team is falling.. fast

I think the 15 touches that I saw referenced was for Taylor, not Hines.   That’s the one I commented on.   I did say to one poster I thought Hines would have to play a bigger role than normal with both Pitt and Pierce out this week.   That didn’t happen. 

As for number of touches….   A normal NFL game has roughly 65 snaps.   Today we only had 43.   I can’t even remember the last time I saw a number that low for any team.   When you only have 43 snaps everything is going to be way, way off. 

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I hear what you're saying. But as of right now, my belief is that most of them, if not all of them, are average at best. I do have a good feeling about 17, and 14. They both are basically rookies and need time though. 

We all have gut feelings. None of us know though lol.. 

I have been a long-time defender of Frank Reich on these boards.

However.

Irsay should have fired Reich in the locker room, in front of the entire team.  This wasn't simply a loss.  This was nothing less than a pathetic followup to the debacle at the end of last season.  What should have been a return to Jacksonville with a dominating statement of vengeance and vindication turned out to be not only a return to the wholloping we got last year, but was actually worse.  No, this was inexcusable.

The plan is wrecked.  There is no silver lining.  There is no bright side.  There is nothing good to take from this game.  Nothing.

Reich's seat is beyond hot.  And Ballard's should be, too.

Yes, I'm sure they'll be given a chance to salvage the season.  But right now, they haven't given me any reason to believe they can.

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

However.

Irsay should have fired Reich in the locker room, in front of the entire team.  This wasn't simply a loss.  This was nothing less than a pathetic followup to the debacle at the end of last season.  What should have been a return to Jacksonville with a dominating statement of vengeance and vindication turned out to be not only a return to the wholloping we got last year, but was actually worse.  No, this was inexcusable.

The plan is wrecked.  There is no silver lining.  There is no bright side.  There is nothing good to take from this game.  Nothing.

Yes, I'm sure they'll be given a chance to salvage the season.  But right now, they haven't given me any reason to believe they can.

Agreed 100%, especially with the bolded. You fire him in front of the entire locker room and take away the last bit of pride and dignity he has left on his way out. Then you make him find his own way home. This was the most embarrassing loss I can ever remember as a Colts fan. Maybe the loss Vs the Saints and Drew Brees when Brissett was our QB in 2019 and Brees was throwing every pass as a completion was worse, but that's all I can think of. 

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Time to fire Reich immediately! I was on board that if we lost this game, he needed to go. I had us losing by 2 touchdowns in the predictions thread. Even I didn't think we'd get shut out. Time to fire this pathetic excuse of a coach before he makes this organization an even bigger laughing stock. Hire Fox or Bradley as the interim HC and see if the season is salvageable. We are the joke of the NFL right now, and no other team is even close.

So are you good at getting rid of Frank and not Ballard?

What game changer player has Ballard gotten besides Pittman (I don't think Pittman is a game changer, just great WR) and JT?

The over paid OL that does their job 50% of the time or the DL that does their job less than the OL???

Just asking for your opinion?

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We all have gut feelings. None of us know though lol.. 

yeaah no one knows for sure. but if you look at the seperation rates today, it was awful. but ofc, we can blame Reich as well. But at the end of the day, they need to win 1v1

1 minute ago, Maniac53 said:

What game changer player has Ballard gotten besides Pittman (I don't think Pittman is a game changer, just great WR) and JT?

The over paid OL that does their job 50% of the time or the DL that does their job less than the OL???

it was going fine until you started talking about about Nelson. He has played fine. 

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Agreed 100%, especially with the bolded. You fire him in front of the entire locker room and take away the last bit of pride and dignity he has left on his way out. Then you make him find his own way home. This was the most embarrassing loss I can ever remember as a Colts fan. Maybe the loss Vs the Saints and Drew Brees when Brissett was our QB in 2019 and Brees was throwing every pass as a completion was worse, but that's all I can think of. 

Everything we did in the offseason was in response to last season's end in Jacksonville.  Every move we made.  Every player acquisition.  Every coaching change.  It was all predicated on Not Letting That Happen Again.

To let it happen again, and this time worse, is a black-eyed condemnation of everything we did.

At some point you’d think Ballard would be pressing the eject button on Reich in an attempt to save his own job. I mean they both really suck and for whatever reason Ballard won’t pay for talent. For crying out loud we traded a 1st for Buckner, but we can’t even pay top dollar to any free agent(s) to sure up this offensive side of the team.

3 minutes ago, Maniac53 said:

I'm for keeping Ballard on one condition. He has to draft a franchise QB in next years draft. If he doesn't, then he's fired immediately. If I were Irsay, I would discuss it with him after the season ends. If he agrees, keep him, if not, fire him, and promote Ed Dodds to the GM role.

4 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

yeaah no one knows for sure. but if you look at the seperation rates today, it was awful. but ofc, we can blame Reich as well. But at the end of the day, they need to win 1v1

it was going fine until you started talking about about Nelson. He has played fine. 

I said game changer.. game changer is someone that puts points on the board that wins games. POINTS 

15 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

However.

Frank's seat is surface of sun temp lol

Chris's warm, I'd bet he's safe. 

9 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:
10 minutes ago, Maniac53 said:

Yes he is overpaid and I don't care. JMO

We need game changer WR a franchise QB and a LT if the other LT don't work out. Plus I don't think our kicker is the answer either. A lot of holes Mr. Ballard 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Frank's seat is surface of sun temp lol

Chris's warm, I'd bet he's safe. 

agreed, you can't hide Reichs play calling

Ballards picks are more of an arguable thing, whereas Reichs play calling is bad, clear as day

11 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

agreed, you can't hide Reichs play calling

Ballards picks are more of an arguable thing, whereas Reichs play calling is bad, clear as day

Hard to grade Ballard (for me personally). 

Trying to be fair. 

I wonder how much Irsay does (decisions, input). 

I wonder how much Reich impacts the D game plan / and play calls. 

Who pushed for the QBs the last several years.

How much Ballard impacts scheme O or D (I doubt much)

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Trying to be fair. 

I wonder how much Irsay does (decisions, input). 

I wonder how much Reich impacts the D game plan / and play calls. 

Who pushed for the QBs the last several years.

How much Ballard impacts scheme O or D (I doubt much)

I know he's on record saying he doesn't prefer a 3-4 defense in a dome. in multiple interviews he's said it. other than that, i haven't heard ballard talk much about scheme, and i've watched every interview he's had in the last years. 

8 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Haven't read the entire post but would make a move now and promote Fox now and hope for Sean Payton at EOY if he is ready to get back into coaching or even sooner if he is ready as he will be highly sought after the season.

I think Payton still has years left on his Saints contract, and the compensation to the Saints wouldn't be cheap.

4 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I know he's on record saying he doesn't prefer a 3-4 defense in a dome. in multiple interviews he's said it. other than that, i haven't heard ballard talk much about scheme, and i've watched every interview he's had in the last years. 

Yup. 

And that's super bland. No clue. 

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Trying to be fair. 

Personally, I don’t think Irsay has as much say on personnel decisions as you believe.  Could be wrong, but I think Irsay let’s his GMs make the football decisions. 

10 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

What difference does the dome make

Archived