1. 1. SHOULD REICH BE FIRED?

• YES RIGHT NOW
    • YES BUT AT THE END OF THE SEASON
    • NO

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

did you see the camera angle of Fox and Bradley seemingly disagreeing on the sideline? 

14 minutes ago, SurfinKal said:

Yes he should. They brought Fox in as a consultant (which to me was a strategic move by Ballard) so let him take over HC duties. If Fox gets something out of this team, Ballard can go to Irsay and say "see, it was all Franks fault". Just to add to my Fox conspiracy theory; Ballard has players that feed him locker room info and after last year he was told that the locker room leadership isnt happy with Frank so he brought in Fox as a golden parachute. 

No I missed the argument, but I am sure Fox telling him u suck. 

This is why I think if anyone needs to be INTERIM coach it should be John Fox 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

good post.

almost mentioned too!

have a few theories lol... 

John Fox is an American football coach and former player who is a senior defensive assistant for the Indianapolis Colts. He was the head coach of the Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos and Chicago Bears of the National Football League. He coached the Panthers to Super Bowl XXXVIII and the Broncos to Super Bowl XLVIII.

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

I don't want them to salvage the season. This team is not good enough for this season to be worth saving. We need to be as bad as possible. Put Shaq on IR for the season and let him recover fully for next season. Play the young guys... all of them... a ton! 

You may be right.   But it’s hard for me to see Irsay and Ballard agreeing to that. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Over the years..... criticized Frank... Got a ton hell from folks... 

Now votes... 45 fired vs 4 no....

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bjoivvckufmnb1m2u3g6

dude i can't stand how he uses his personell packages. it's so mind bogglingly predictable. . 

4 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

honestly guys, its all my fault. when i played madden 23 this year, i simmed the first season. It didn't go well, and i think now, we are cursed this season. 

If anything it just shows the power of AI... the robots are here to conquer us! 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think it was more of rooting for your team. Like how a parent loves their dumb kid. To them they're an angel.. Lol. 

I had hope for Frank, but he's definitely not some play calling czar like they made him out to be in the media.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You may be right.   But it’s hard for me to see Irsay and Ballard agreeing to that. 

You are very much right on both Ballard and Reich... not so sure about Irsay. IMO he knows very well the benefits of getting a high pick in a QB-rich draft. 

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

The Oline is poor, yet either Frank won’t call quick hitters, Matt won’t throw them, or the receivers aren’t getting open.  

There’s nothing wrong with a five yard pass.  

How about jus using all those plays the Jags ran against us?

Receivers are not getting separation, just like the preseason, and just like last year except for Pittman.

I totally forgout about John Fox tbh until everyone started bringing him up here. 

Just now, Dobbinblitz said:

Receivers are not getting separation, just like the preseason, and just like last year except for Pittman.

absolutely astounded we still didn't sign TY. A big difference? probably not. But at least its something better than Patmon and Dulin. 

4 minutes ago, IinD said:

I think it was more of rooting for your team. Like how a parent loves their dumb kid. To them they're an angel.. Lol. 

I had hope for Frank, but he's definitely not some play calling czar like they made him out to be in the media.

I cheered for team and Frank. 

I'm not blind though lol... 

bad is just bad sometimes

1000%

To anyone who watches (historically) his play calling, and personnel usage, it's obvious... 

Just odd.... lol... 

if i can sit on my couch, as a casual fan, who doesn't spend 40 hours a week watching film... if i can predict our offense... then what in the frick do we think people who get paid millions of dollars can do? they clearly know what we are doing on offense. its so clear. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

WRs were open. But they were later reads. The play calls (early reads) were shallow, and D covered those. 

This is a scheme issue. 

yeah they got open at times, but don't kid ourselves, we need help at WR bad. 

18 minutes ago, fire cartier said:

John Fox is an American football coach and former player who is a senior defensive assistant for the Indianapolis Colts. He was the head coach of the Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos and Chicago Bears of the National Football League. He coached the Panthers to Super Bowl XXXVIII and the Broncos to Super Bowl XLVIII.

Oh I know. Gus has a little HC experience too. 

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You also said multiple times you want Frank to remain the head coach but give up the play calling.  

You have a funny and convenient way of remembering what you want to remember and forgetting what you want to forget.  LOL!

37 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I think the second part of your post is the spot people are focusing on. It isn't just a 2 game thing, these problems we are seeing with play calling and personell usage, and going for it in certain situations is the same garbage we've been seeing with Reich since Andrew's 1-5 start. 

We have seen the players give less effort as things have progressed. It’s like having a boss who says you have to meet a certain quota and then directly makes it harder on you to do so, sometimes making it impossible.

the players play uninspired ball today. And I don’t think it’s the coaches job to motivate his players, however I do think it’s his job to not directly handicap them, and take the wind out of their sails. 

when this team makes a mistake like a turn over, they completely stop trying. It has happened in both games this year. As soon as Hines got stuffed on 4th and goal last week they stopped trying until Matt got them hyped in the 4th qtr. 

today as soon as the turn over happened they threw the towel in. 

Frank has lost the locker room and me as a fan. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

You also said multiple times you want Frank to remain the head coach but give up the play calling.  

You have a funny and convenient way of remembering what you want to remember and forgetting what you want to forget.  LOL!

I also said a long time ago that maybe him giving up play calling would be a good first step

Just now, ruf said:

we need to fix the Oline so we can run the ball and give the qb some hope he will have time to make a pass

i think our predictable play calling is making our line look worse than it really is

12 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

That’s how this place is. It’s never okay to be negative until the gatekeepers are left with no choice

Few watch closely, or understand play calling, or question personnel usage or scheme. 

I'm not a sunshine pumper lol... just real, in terms I see. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

Few watch closely, or understand play calling, or question personnel usage or scheme. 

I'm not a sunshine pumper lol... just real, in terms I see. 

it doesn't mean there isn't exceptions here and there. but overall history has repeatred itself with Reich. He has shown far too many times that he is an incompetnet play caller. Multiple times he has been questioned on if he would pass the play calling sheet to someone else. in every instance it was shut down immediately. the conversations needs to happen again. 

16 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

if i can sit on my couch, as a casual fan, who doesn't spend 40 hours a week watching film... if i can predict our offense... then what in the frick do we think people who get paid millions of dollars can do? they clearly know what we are doing on offense. its so clear. 

yes sir

WRs were open. But they were later reads. The play calls (early reads) were shallow, and D covered those. 

This is a scheme issue. 

I will re-watch the game, but that was not my initial impression. I believe none of our receivers force defensive scheme adjustments and therefore teams are able to run a defense designed to stack the box. So It may be very well be scheme, but good defensive coordinators will always primarily take away your best weapon, and we lack a balanced threat on the outside. That is my humble observation.

31 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

The Oline is poor, yet either Frank won’t call quick hitters, Matt won’t throw them, or the receivers aren’t getting open.  

There’s nothing wrong with a five yard pass.  

How about jus using all those plays the Jags ran against us?

What’s wrong with passing to Hines by spreading him out? Our TEs, sheesh Ballard. Plenty of blame to go around.

Archived