214 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD REICH BE FIRED?

• YES RIGHT NOW
    • YES BUT AT THE END OF THE SEASON
    • NO

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not a fan of firing coaches mid-season.  And especially not after 2 games.

Today’s game was a disaster, obviously.  We’ve basically looked awful our last 4 games.  But I’m not ready to blow up the season.

That said, this team needs to make a miraculous turnaround if Reich (and/or Ballard) are going to be back next season.

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

I’m not a fan of firing coaches mid-season.  And especially not after 2 games.

Today’s game was a disaster, obviously.  We’ve basically looked awful our last 4 games.  But I’m not ready to blow up the season.

That said, this team needs to make a miraculous turnaround if Reich (and/or Ballard) are going to be back next season.

I think the second part of your post is the spot people are focusing on. It isn't just a 2 game thing, these problems we are seeing with play calling and personell usage, and going for it in certain situations is the same garbage we've been seeing with Reich since Andrew's 1-5 start. 

Doesn’t matter what I want.   We are a complete mess.   And I believe we have three weeks to turn it around.   The 5th game is on a short week, a Thursday game.   If we’re 0-5 or 1-4 I think Irsay makes a change.  

That would give Bradley or Fox 10 days of prep for wk #6 which is the second J’Ville game.   If we’re trying to salvage this season, that is the first real window of opportunity. 

Terrible game.   Bad as it gets. 

Yes he should. They brought Fox in as a consultant (which to me was a strategic move by Ballard) so let him take over HC duties. If Fox gets something out of this team, Ballard can go to Irsay and say "see, it was all Franks fault". Just to add to my Fox conspiracy theory; Ballard has players that feed him locker room info and after last year he was told that the locker room leadership isnt happy with Frank so he brought in Fox as a golden parachute. 

2 minutes ago, SurfinKal said:

Yes he should. They brought Fox in as a consultant (which to me was a strategic move by Ballard) so let him take over HC duties. If Fox gets something out of this team, Ballard can go to Irsay and say "see, it was all Franks fault". Just to add to my Fox conspiracy theory; Ballard has players they feed him locker room info and after last year he was told that the locker room leadership isnt happy with Frank so he brought in Fox as a golden parachute. 

interesting theory

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Doesn’t matter what I want.   We are a complete mess.   And I believe we have three weeks to turn it around.   The 5th game is on a short week, a Thursday game.   If we’re 0-5 or 1-4 I think Irsay makes a change.  

That would give Bradley or Fox 10 days of prep for wk #6 which is the second J’Ville game.   If we’re trying to salvage this season, that is the first real window of opportunity. 

Terrible game.   Bad as it gets. 

I don't want them to salvage the season. This team is not good enough for this season to be worth saving. We need to be as bad as possible. Put Shaq on IR for the season and let him recover fully for next season. Play the young guys... all of them... a ton! 

Just now, stitches said:

I don't want them to salvage the season. This team is not good enough for this season to be worth saving. We need to be as bad as possible. Put Shaq on IR for the season and let him recover fully for next season. Play the young guys... all of them... a ton! 

I was also thinking this loss means Leonard might not be back next week. Why risk his health when the offense isn't competent? 

1 minute ago, strt182 said:

Has Frank game a post game interview yet? Ryan just gave his on Wish TV usually its the coach first . I got home late so could this be a sign?

I don't see it on the website here yet, i usually watch it on the colts.com website under videos tab. 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

I was also thinking this loss means Leonard might not be back next week. Why risk his health when the offense isn't competent? 

Because people's jobs are on the line... that's precisely why they IMO are more likely to actually rush him back than to keep him away. Until we are mathematically out IMO this Colts brass will want to win as many as possible. Hell, maybe even after that... 

Just now, stitches said:

Because people's jobs are on the line... that's precisely why they IMO are more likely to actually rush him back than to keep him away. Until we are mathematically out IMO this Colts brass will want to win as many as possible. Hell, maybe even after that... 

if they rush a players health to save someone's job, that is super shady. 

2 minutes ago, strt182 said:

Has Frank game a post game interview yet? Ryan just gave his on Wish TV usually its the coach first . I got home late so could this be a sign?

Yeah he did.

Said they got embarrassed but arent that far from where they want to be.

crazy

2 minutes ago, strt182 said:

He said things are not as bad as they look and he thinks they are actually close to where he wants them to be... or something to that effect. .. 

Here... I found it... 

9 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

He won't get fired this early 

It would be really remarkable if Frank would rather risk being fired than delegating the play-calling duties.

Doing that may not fix our problems.  But, if it didn’t, then we could at least eliminate it from the discussion.

Surely people inside the building know this is an ongoing issue…and it’s not something that only gets discussed in fan forums.

10 minutes ago, SurfinKal said:

Yes he should. They brought Fox in as a consultant (which to me was a strategic move by Ballard) so let him take over HC duties. If Fox gets something out of this team, Ballard can go to Irsay and say "see, it was all Franks fault". Just to add to my Fox conspiracy theory; Ballard has players that feed him locker room info and after last year he was told that the locker room leadership isnt happy with Frank so he brought in Fox as a golden parachute. 

good post.

almost mentioned too!

have a few theories lol... 

1 minute ago, luv_pony_express said:

It would be really remarkable if Frank would rather risk being fired than delegating the play-calling duties.

Doing that may not fix our problems.  But, if it didn’t, then we could at least eliminate it from the discussion.

Surely people inside the building know this is an ongoing issue…and it’s not something that only gets discussed in fan forums.

his play calling is bad

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

That's how I feel as well. A little rally at some point in the season doesn't mean much. They barely are competing against division rivals who aren't juggernauts, they ain't beating teams like KC,buff etc.

Let them bottom out.

Archived