Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Ryan prediction

SurfinKal

On 9/19/2022 at 12:07 PM, coming on strong said:

Ballard made the deadly mistake of assuming the colts are a veteran qb away from being a contender .  For some reason he thinks just getting a smarter Qb who can take checkdowns would solve everything. It wasn’t just wentz that stunk last year . 

Partly because Ballard has consistently shown he far too bullheaded about players he drafted, signed, or acquired. He  overrates the team he has constructed.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I actually feel for Ryan. He was sold fairy tale by Ballard

And the local media tried to sell us a fairy about Ryan.

But I mean…what were his options? Stay in ATL and play on a crappy team didn’t want him? 

Or go to a roster that had a chance to do something…maybe.

The whole narrative about Ryan “choosing to take his talents” to IND is funny. There were like 3-4 teams out there that would have maybe traded for Ryan at that point. And they all sucked, apparently. Happens to most QBs as they age.

35 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Ryan crumbles to a pass rush. And, he definitely isn't Rivers smart.
  One way or another we Must draft high NEXT year.

That can’t be right. I heard from so many that he was the best QB since Luck. That was the actual narrative. And it was so disrespectful to Rivers…and looks even worse two games in.

Maybe Ryan can bounce back, but he’s not Rivers (who was 39 when he came here and helped lead them to 11 wins). 

49 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

That can’t be right. I heard from so many that he was the best QB since Luck. That was the actual narrative. And it was so disrespectful to Rivers…and looks even worse two games in.

Maybe Ryan can bounce back, but he’s not Rivers (who was 39 when he came here and helped lead them to 11 wins). 

I always wondered if we would have given a harder push to get Rivers back in 2021, if he would have considered??

On 9/18/2022 at 11:47 PM, Lancer1 said:

This year reminds me of the 1 season that Philip Rivers played here - we lost in Week 1 at Jacksonville, and he looked bad doing it, throwing 2 picks that led to 10 points. He was far from alone in screwing up - Frank left points on the field with a stupid 4th down play, defense made Gardner Minshew look like an Pro Bowler, Blankenship missed a 30  yard FG attempt and we lost by a touchdown. The narrative then was that he was done, his arm was shot, no velocity on his passes, he couldn't throw the ball deep, couldn't bring us back from down by 10 or more, ect. When we won our next 3, it was said to be only because they were inferior teams (Vikings, Jets & Bears) and in Week 4 when we lost to the Browns by 9 points, Rivers threw a pick-six. The following game against Cincinatti, we were down 21-0 before getting a rushing TD, Cincy kicked a FG but Rivers threw 2 TD passes in the 2nd Quarter and we trailed by 3 at the half. In the 2nd Half, all we allowed them was a FG while we scored 10 forth Quarter points to win by 4. 

My point is that alot of the stuff people are saying about Ryan now, they said about Rivers then, but many were eating their words by about mid-season, and some talking heads even apologized for having trashed him - it's hard to have continuity (or fast starts) when you have a different starting QB in 7 consecutive seasons, especially coupled with the turnover we've seen with our Coordinators as well.

Agree I wanted Rivers back for one more shot. But just keep bringing in QB bandaid fixes are not going to do it.

I like Frank and Ballard but we already seen their ceiling with one another.

Different coaches and GM. I think Matt would have been great. Maybe even Wentz, but Rivers another year cmon why not after giving away what you did too bring Wentz in????

Irsay cannot let this keep dragging out. Need to clean house on Coaching if needed or GM and high priced players that are not performing.

There is no really good solution right now until end of season. JMO

Maybe, we bounce back and make a run. I'm praying to the football gods right now for it.  But I can also see a season like last year. Is that what us Colt fans deserve?? 

I love the Colts until I die no matter what. But Irsay needs to take charge more and sooner, or let his daughters run it. JMO

On 9/19/2022 at 12:23 PM, Nickster said:

I wanted Indy to try a Read Option guy.  I was an advocate for Mariota even though I don't think he's that good.  It might have worked here with the way our team is built. 

I like this idea, I wanted Mitch Turbisky over Wentz. But I come to the point. This team needs a make over without JT included. JMO

Archived