Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chiefs at Colts Predictions

danlhart87

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Raiders gave up lot of catches to RBs, slot WRs and TEs last year. O J Howard has 2 TEs against us, Kirk has 2 TDs against us. We are trending the same way.

It’s hard to stop good TE. That’s why you really need a good one. Funny you mentioned that about RB. Because a reporter just asked Bradley a question and said KC won’t be using the quick game lol. Bradley just laughed.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have seen the Chiefs play this year then you know that their D-Line has been getting after opposing QB's. This spells disaster for the $211.37 million swiss cheese O-Line the Colts are trotting out there. It won't even be close and I think even the most optimistic amongst us know it. The exact final score won't matter as the Chiefs pass 40 by halftime.

We will play better but we will embarrassed in front of family and friends, and at our house. Maybe Ballard and Irsay can sit back and reflect about the product they are asking the fans to pay game tickets. What I am hearing is that season ticket holders are dishing their tickets to KC fans. TV viewers will turn off to watch the other games. Maybe then and only then will the owner, GM, Reich and the players realize that there is such a thing as FAN RESIGNATION. 

6 hours ago, AustexColt said:

We will play better but we will embarrassed in front of family and friends, and at our house. Maybe Ballard and Irsay can sit back and reflect about the product they are asking the fans to pay game tickets. What I am hearing is that season ticket holders are dishing their tickets to KC fans. TV viewers will turn off to watch the other games. Maybe then and only then will the owner, GM, Reich and the players realize that there is such a thing as FAN RESIGNATION. 

Or such a thing as LAME ### FANS. The Colts suck for a couple of games so people are going to bail on them? That isn't the impression I have of Colts fans. That sounds like Cowboy fans. 

If the game is on here (unlikely though it is) I will absolutely watch. I might even find a podcast online and just listen. 

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Me: Chiefs 55 - Colts 2 (blocked PAT returned for a score) 

Reich: You must resist the temptation to overreact. 

Me: OK, Chiefs 37 - Colts 7

Reich: We must trust the process. 

Me: OK.. OK, Chiefs 20 - Colts 21  

Go with your first instincts.

2 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Go with your first instincts.

Guys, one question.. What happened to drafted TE Jelani Woods? I've not heard any chatter or seen any stats of him since the season started.. 

Is he ready to actually contribute? I thought with 3 TEs drafted in two years with already having MAC, at least one could turn out to be a receiving threat consistently. 

12 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Me: Chiefs 55 - Colts 2 (blocked PAT returned for a score) 

Reich: You must resist the temptation to overreact. 

Me: OK, Chiefs 37 - Colts 7

Reich: We must trust the process. 

Me: OK.. OK, Chiefs 20 - Colts 21  

I still think the Colts put up a fight in front of their home crowd till the Chiefs pull away in the 3rd quarter or 4th quarter, winning 27-17 or 31-17

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I still think the Colts put up a fight till the Chiefs pull away in the 3rd quarter or 4th quarter, winning 27-17 or 31-17

I still don't know how team can play up to a very tough opposition and play badly against supposedly weaker teams.. Isn't that a sign of everyone being complacent? 

I think that's the case with the Colts, bad start early in the season and coming up short against easier opposition shows a trend that same intensity of preparation, game plan and practice don't seem to happen every week consistently. 

It's like putting efforts in case of an important deadline even with tough task in hand and taking it easy at other times. 

3 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I still don't know how team can play up to a very tough opposition and play badly against supposedly weaker teams.. Isn't that a sign of everyone being complacent? 

I think that's the case with the Colts, bad start early in the season and coming up short against easier opposition shows a trend that same intensity of preparation, game plan and practice don't seem to happen every week consistently. 

It's like putting efforts in case of an important deadline even with tough task in hand and taking it easy at other times. 

I agree 100%.

Starting slow, underwhelming vs teams you are supposed to beat, digging out of a hole of slow starts every season is a definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results) and the ultimate purgatory this team finds itself at the end of the season. 

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I agree 100%.

Starting slow, underwhelming vs teams you are supposed to beat, digging out of a hole every time is a definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results) and the ultimate purgatory this team finds itself at the end of the season. 

That's some problem with the culture, and should point to how things work under a HC. 

That's usually a good indicator to move on to next coaching search, towards the end of the season, if the disturbing trend continues without any rectification. 

Let's see how the season goes. I think Colts need some more receiving threats that defenses would fear to game plan. For now, adding a veteran, thriving receiver from free agency could help, just like how Tampa Bay is adding Cole Beasley.. Or something like how Vikings traded for a young talent like Jalen Reagor, who may or may not work... But you've got to try to do better during the season and make roster adjustments (just like how a coach would be expected to make in-game adjustments). 

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Hopefully this turns into the 2019 colts when no one expected them to compete and went into arrowhead and won.

Mahomes was hobbled and Hill didn’t play lol. Usually the Chiefs start off slow but already look mid season form.

4 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Guys, one question.. What happened to drafted TE Jelani Woods? I've not heard any chatter or seen any stats of him since the season started.. 

Is he ready to actually contribute? I thought with 3 TEs drafted in two years with already having MAC, at least one could turn out to be a receiving threat consistently. 

TEs are hard to find.  Best ones go pretty high, and then they require time to develop because they affect both the pass and run game.  Also many need to develop the strength to handle assignments of NFL edge types every down.

The great ones will show early.  But generally you're talking a couple camps before you start seeing what they can do.  Nobody in our TE room is the former.  If we're lucky Woods will be the latter.

On 9/21/2022 at 12:34 PM, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Sucks Andrew Olgetree got injured. He looked good and jumped Granson, Wood to be the # 2 TE. Woods still needs time developing. Granson I’ve never liked he has unreliable hands and plays to many snaps.

We may call this a bad division now, but who knows? Jaguars or Titans, for example, could separate much from other teams and it might be too much for others to catch up later. 

Calling any division easy to win with an average winning record right now at week 2 is short-sighted and maybe wishful thinking, in the hopes that Colts could get there with a bad record. 

On 9/20/2022 at 10:27 PM, jonjon said:

Oh get real.

I seriously doubt KC hangs more than 45-48ish on us.

LOL, when I originally was posting that prediction I had it 77-3 but thought that was maybe a little too much. If I was predicting now I'd probably go 56-3.

On 9/20/2022 at 3:31 PM, philba101 said:

If you have seen the Chiefs play this year then you know that their D-Line has been getting after opposing QB's. This spells disaster for the $211.37 million swiss cheese O-Line the Colts are trotting out there. It won't even be close and I think even the most optimistic amongst us know it. The exact final score won't matter as the Chiefs pass 40 by halftime.

Yep.  What a sad O-line it has become...Kelly playing below the average Center, and Smith playing WAYYYY below his obscene salary...everyone playing to avoid injury and keep collecting the big $$$ they no longer deserve.

I wonder if Nelson reverts to an average play-safe guard now that he has been paid.

On 9/22/2022 at 4:09 PM, MikeCurtis said:

I am a glass half full guy

But

I predict 0-2-1 after this weekend

I do think we will step it up after.....  and we will be at .500 by the 10th game. 

.500 may be enough to get into the playoffs in this wonky divisions

5 and 1 then after Sunday?

General Prediction... 

I expect KC to dare us to throw.... Don't expect them to load the box, but condense D, keep DBs shallow and congest zones. 

I expect Reich go heavy run, and heavy short passing (not pretty vs shallow DBs). People will again moan and blame WR/TE separation because again they won't understand shallow zone DB scheme lol.. Reich will likely be slow to make adjustments. 

We'll hang if our D does well. If D sucks, we'll have to go aggressive passing. I expect Reid to attack Moore, Blackmon, Franklin, and Facyson with verts and speed crossers. 

Colts 16 / KC 34

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

General Prediction... 

I expect KC to dare us to throw.... Don't expect them to load the box, but condense D, keep DBs shallow and congest zones. 

I expect Reich go heavy run, and heavy short passing (not pretty vs shallow DBs). People will again moan and blame WR/TE separation because again they won't understand shallow zone DB scheme lol.. Reich will likely be slow to make adjustments. 

We'll hang if our D does well. If D sucks, we'll have to go aggressive passing. I expect Reid to attack Moore, Blackmon, Franklin, and Facyson with verts and speed crossers. 

Colts 16 / KC 34

Don’t forget Kelce torching any of the little linebackers on him. Or Kenny Moore

Archived