Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alec Pierce

jbaron04

5 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

At least five people posting in here and the others that were ready to cut him in TC. 

One person in here called for him to be cut and that was Jason which was sarcasm.

I do see some being critical of him but honestly those are mostly the same people who are critical of everything so that’s just who they are.  

To me when you say y’all to me that comes across as saying most people don’t like him.  Most people agree with you.  He needs time and shouldn’t be judged solely on one bad drop in his first game.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

• Good kid. Will be good.
  • Needs patient, but should have not been forced. Slow please.
  • He needs working on routes and footwork. Not worried though. 
  • Let him go some 9 routes. He knows them. Will help his confidence, which will help hands/comfortable. 
  • More Strachan.
  • And more Dulin. Yes Dulin dropped, but it was also a great punch from DB... 

Uh Huh Yes GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

• Good kid. Will be good.
  • Needs patient, but should have not been forced. Slow please.
  • He needs working on routes and footwork. Not worried though. 
  • Let him go some 9 routes. He knows them. Will help his confidence, which will help hands/comfortable. 
  • More Strachan.
  • And more Dulin. Yes Dulin dropped, but it was also a great punch from DB... 

DB held dulins hand down. should've been PI

12 minutes ago, bsteves said:

We should have went right back to him after that TD drop. Let him make up for his mistake and show the kid you trust him. 

But instead we go wildcat:facepalm:

I don’t think they do trust him yet but I would have gone back to him on the next series.

As for the fourth down play I would have spread them out and brought Hines in motion and either given it to him on the sweep or just given it to Taylor based on how the Texans responded to the Colts trying to spread them out.

2 hours ago, TheMiz said:

Hes a rookie, that was playing in his first game. Expecting him to be a legit #2 wr immediately is stupid, Ballards refusal to address the wr is frustrating 

I have seen a ton of other rookies in the last few years come right in and contribute, rookie or not catching wide open passes should be a must , some of the contact catches I don’t expect him to play

12 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

I have seen a ton of other rookies in the last few years come right in and contribute, rookie or not catching wide open passes should be a must , some of the contact catches I don’t expect him to play

Oh heck. That’s the exception not the rule. 

look there’s plenty of things to lock in on that were negative today, but Pierce was only a tiny part of that. Let’s see what happens going forward 

16 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

DB held dulins hand down. should've been PI

Yup. Mugged. Good a route and pass IMO. 

And.... Good "almost" catch in the EZ. Great timing by DB (punch). 

I want more. Had good separation/space (him) during a couple passes (to Pittman) lol.. He was open, but Pittman was the early read. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

Yup. Mugged. Good a route and pass IMO. 

And.... Good "almost" catch in the EZ. Great timing by DB (punch). 

I want more. Had good separation/space (him) during a couple passes (to Pittman) lol.. He was open, but Pittman was the early read. 

Oh im talking about the deep shot. on the replay you clearly see the DB literally hold dulins right hand down. 

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Oh heck. That’s the exception not the rule. 

look there’s plenty of things to lock in on that were negative today, but Pierce was only a tiny part of that. Let’s see what happens going forward 

That drop did lead to the game changing but ultimately I agree with you.  There were bigger problems than a rookie WR dropping a pass in his first game even if that series did lead to the game changing.  The kicker and coaching are much bigger concerns at least for me.

Just now, EastStreet said:

I'm talking about both. The deep shot should have been an easy call

And also commented routes/separation in general too. 

Yeah dulin deservers to get snaps over Pierce imo. Really not happy overall with the situation. Hopefully next week we see something different. Campbell is better than Pierce at this point as well. 

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That drop did lead to the game changing but ultimately I agree with you.  There were bigger problems than a rookie WR dropping a pass in his first game even if that series did lead to the game changing.  The kicker and coaching are much bigger concerns at least for me.

While it did factor in, the boneheaded wildcat play the next play was bigger in turning that tide than the drop. At least to me 

12 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Yeah dulin deservers to get snaps over Pierce imo. Really not happy overall with the situation. Hopefully next week we see something different. Campbell is better than Pierce at this point as well. 

Well I would hope so, Campbell has had 3 years or better of Pro level coaching. 

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

While it did factor in, the boneheaded wildcat play the next play was bigger in turning that tide than the drop. At least to me 

Well I would hope so, Campbell has had 3 years or better of Pro level coaching. 

I'd hope so as well.

I also hope Pierce loses snaps next week based on this weeks performance. 

I really hope they don't try and force him into the #2 role, he clearly is not ready for that. 

19 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I tried watch so much stuff this week lol...

Tried to both focus on OL at that plays, and on routes at other plays. 

Need to watch again. 

Really want to see snaps and PFF. 

IMO, need more targets/snaps to Strachan and Dulin. Want to see more slants for PC. 

If they do well, keep more +... 

Pierce just needs patient. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I tried watch so much stuff this week lol...

Tried to both focus on OL at that plays, and on routes at other plays. 

Need to watch again. 

Really want to see snaps and PFF. 

IMO, need more targets/snaps to Strachan and Dulin. Want to see more slants for PC. 

If they do well, keep more +... 

Pierce just needs patient. 

I think Pierce will be fine eventually as well, but for now, his inexperience is very easy to see. 

The main issue I saw with the plays today was the fact they never got the ball going laterally, well, not to say never, but it was rare. All of those fake sweeps, to never hand it to him? Seems odd to me. 

11 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I think Pierce will be fine eventually as well, but for now, his inexperience is very easy to see. 

The main issue I saw with the plays today was the fact they never got the ball going laterally, well, not to say never, but it was rare. All of those fake sweeps, to never hand it to him? Seems odd to me. 

Yup. 

Still much shallow perimeter calls. Again.

Houston played shallowed early, until got a lead.

The early shallow D made things hard (running and passing)

Then we unleashed Ryan, and it hurt them. 

Still wanted to see Pierce on a 9. Pitt or Campbell too. 

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I had to be reminded a few times Campbell was playing he was invisible most of the game. Besides that huge catch in OT. Also Less Granson more Strachan please.

Need PC run more slants. 

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. 

Still much shallow perimeter calls. Again.

Houston played shallowed early, until got a lead.

The early shallow D made things hard (running and passing)

Then we unleashed Ryan, and it hurt them. 

Still wanted to see Pierce on a 9. Pitt or Campbell too. 

Need PC run more slants. 

Yeah i would like to see Pierce on some go balls as well

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I just want one early 9/deep shot in 1Q each game... lol

Ds will respect deep all game... 

Overall i feel like the plays still looked very vanilla. I was expecting more moving pieces with Hines, Campbell creating the lateral movement, and then Ryan running RPO between Taylor & Pittman. 

I guess we did fine yardage wise, it just looked weird until Q4

4 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Overall i feel like the plays still looked very vanilla. I was expecting more moving pieces with Hines, Campbell creating the lateral movement, and then Ryan running RPO between Taylor & Pittman. 

I guess we did fine yardage wise, it just looked weird until Q4

Totally vanilla... 

Hines did line up outside once....

Doubt we'll see much RPOs.... 

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Totally vanilla... 

Hines did line up outside once....

Doubt we'll see much RPOs.... 

the TD to pitt late was an RPO

(play action basically since Ryan doesnt run, but it has more of an RPO vibe)

26 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

the TD to pitt late was an RPO

(play action basically since Ryan doesnt run, but it has more of an RPO vibe)

Rpo is the qb deciding to pass the ball or give it to the rb.  The qb himself running is not part of rpo.  That's the read option

2 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

But that would have required actual trust.

I think that they do trust him. I think they believe he has the talent and ability to get the job done. That's why he's starting. I'm sure they know it's going to be bumpy while he grows.

1 hour ago, J@son said:

Rpo is the qb deciding to pass the ball or give it to the rb.  The qb himself running is not part of rpo.  That's the read option

quarterback can also have the option to run, in an RPO.  its very common actually. 

6 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Honestly I would bench him for a couple of games, make him inactive and let him think about it. Let him want it bad and go out and play with some desire and focus.

I would activate Patmon next week.

Frank needs to send a message

More like Jim Irsay and Chris Ballard need to send a message and bench Frank Reich forever.

10 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Honestly I would bench him for a couple of games, make him inactive and let him think about it. Let him want it bad and go out and play with some desire and focus.

I would activate Patmon next week.

Frank needs to send a message

If anyone needs benched and sent a message, it's Frank 

8 hours ago, bsteves said:

We should have went right back to him after that TD drop. Let him make up for his mistake and show the kid you trust him. 

But instead we go wildcat:facepalm:

That would have been a wise choice that we have seen many great coaches do many times.  For whatever reason Frank chose "wildcat".   

12 hours ago, TheMiz said:

Hes a rookie, that was playing in his first game. Expecting him to be a legit #2 wr immediately is stupid, Ballards refusal to address the wr is frustrating 

I agree. But TBF, there were plenty of Colts fans (and some in the local media) who thought he was ready to step into the WR2 role. Nothing but hype for Pierce all offseason.

Archived